Spiritual warfare is the Christian concept that the Devil and demons attempt to thwart Good and the will of God.

People who can see demons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pretty much grew up in a Presbyterian church, but for a short time my aunt would take me to a charismatic/pentacostal church when I was a kid where they did laying on of hands, being slayed by the Spirit and speaking in toungs, sometimes people would laugh in the Spirit I think it's called. I've went to a mega church where they did the same for about a year. After that I was Methodist for a while, and then missionary Baptist. Eventually I visited a small PCA church and started learning much more about Calvinisim and the five points, I realized that my beliefs were that of Presbyterians and the doctrines made my beliefs more grounded and sound. I've done some reading on carismata and pentacostalism. There's plenty of pentacostals that I would call brorthers and sisters in Christ, but I think there can be some serious dangers within those movements.

I'm gonna start a new thread on this in a bit. Stay strong in Christ.
    Comment>

Let me know when you do... if you'd like my input, I'd be more than happy to add my 2 cents. For reference, my mother is Pentecostal, my father liked Methodist, but we did go to a Presbyterian church for awhile. I think we all dance around a bit before we find the place we are best to settle. One time at a Church of God (which seems like a redundant statement), I was 12 years old and my Mom got "slain in the spirit". For anyone else reading this, that means she was on the ground, speaking in a language we didn't know and shaking. I was aghast... and when I went to check on her, some old lady slapped me in the head and said "You leave your mother be, boy! She is communing WITH THE LORD!" I replied "No, Ma'am... she is having a seizure. And if you touch me again, I'll send you to God really quickly to find out if I'm right." She fainted. I caught her as she fell... I'm not a monster. Mom ended up being fine... but I didn't understand at the time what was happening.

We all have our different variations on how we worship and all that. In the end of things, as long as we're all going on the same path when it comes down to it, it's a good thing. I don't speak in tongues. They tried to send me to a children's church camp where that was their goal... but I saw so many children faking it just for approval, that I just wouldn't allow that to happen to me. I felt "The Spirit", but I figured if any words were coming out of my mouth, I wanted the world to know that they were my ideas. Makes me a bad Pentecostal, I suppose, but I figure that if the good Lord made me this way, whatever decisions I make are already decided, what with Him being Omniscient and all that.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation. It truly is appreciated. These aren't things I get to talk to people about in general, so it's nice to have a release. I'm still gonna have my mother give me proper scripture about the "binding" deal, because while I know I'm somewhat crazy, I didn't wish you to think that the things I speak of are not of the scripture. :)
      Comment>

I asked my mother for verses that spoke of "binding". I don't know if these will do the trick, but since I've gotta honor her, these are what she gave me. She did ask me to apologize to you for being so aggressive, so I am sorry. I'm an aggressive person by nature, but I mean well. My mother and I argued about trying to emulate Christ, because my opinion was that he was a shepherd... and shepherds have to be tough. They have to fight wolves to protect their flock. I brought up the time that he turned the tables in the temple because the Pharasees were doing business in his dad's house. Jesus was not a wimp. :)

Anyway, she's probably right. So, I'm sorry if the way I write things seems like I'm attacking. You're not my enemy. I'm just happy to have someone listen. So, here are the verses she asked me to relay to you concerning demon butt-kicking (my term, not hers).

Matthew 12:29

For who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man like Satan and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger--someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house.

Matthew 16:19

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Matthew 10:8

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Mark 16:15-18

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

John 14:12

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing,and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Cheers!
        -Drew
        Comment>

Proud news, peeps. (By the way, Innerfire... I saw your message. The interface wouldn't allow me to respond. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you... you're the person that was having this discussion with me, so please understand: the system got in my way.)

God let me kill that generational demon that was haunting my ex wife! He told me this after I found out that she had a hive of flies surrounding her and attacking her head.... He said to me "You know, you're the father of your son, with her... and demons don't keep paperwork. Hence, you're part of the generation." So, I kicked its butt. I asked her to call me later to confirm, but if it DOES show up again, I'll go over there and tear it asunder.

Anyway, this is what my mother and I call a "Praise Report". So I'm sharing it with you guys. You might not think I'm telling the truth, but I'm letting you know it anyways.

Cheers!
          I'm very happy that the Lord lets me do this stuff.
          Comment>

I haven't heard back from my ex-wife about whether the thing is still there (I tried asking her about such, but she was too tired to answer)... but I figured I'd put for reference why this particular demon annoyed me so.

It went after my 21 year old son and his 11 year old sister (no relation). She's a sweetheart. Apparently, this stupid thing decided that it was going to threaten my children's lives (I'm including the younger one even though I had nothing to do with her creation, because I like her), because of a curse that her grandmother placed upon her. I know many of you don't believe in that sort of thing, but it is Biblical. People like myself fight these sorts of things all the time. I guess that's what He wants us to do.

Anyway, this particular blasphemous beast decided that it was going to take either my son's or her daughter's life if she didn't give up hers. As you can imagine, I didn't like the choices that were offered. If anyone is going to kill my son, it'll be me... and I won't. Hence, the stupid thing already started off on the wrong foot. It's a right I reserve that no one else gets to have. :)

That's apparently the course of action that generational curses take (Yes, I've got scripture for it... I was surprised as well)... anyway, it's theoretically gone. I have a feeling that it's not going to show up again. I got to talk to it on the phone several times, and while I kept an inquisitive mind about the matter at hand (you kind of have to)... it had rather bad language which I matched word for word. This was NOT my ex-wife speaking... lots of vulgarity, which she's not a fan of. She explained later how her grandmother had cursed her when she was but a child. Long story short, crummy people. Brujas, as they're called in Mexican culture. I won't say what I'd call them in MY culture. "Witches" is is easiest way to explain it. People I don't like.

The only reason I'm adding an explanation to this, which ironically a very simple event in my world, is to hopefully educate the readers. I'm used to monsters. The Lord, thankfully, allows me to fight them through his power. It ain't about me... I'm just a conduit. This latest incident makes me love the Lord, because He let me fight another monster. Some of you don't believe in those. They do believe in you. But they can't harm you if you don't allow them to. That was my ex-wife's mistake... and that's why I'm writing this. I don't care one way or the other what any of you think of me... but if the Lord gives me something that might educate you, I'd be reticent to not share it.

My ex wife didn't give the Lord the power that He deserved in her mind, and that's why she couldn't bind the demon that was attacking her and threatening my kids. I tried to explain this to her, but she is a stubborn woman. I still don't know if I won the fight, but I will if it isn't done. I know He'll help me. Faith is a very powerful thing.

The point is.... have faith in Our Father. It's easy to not have such... the world tells you not to. We've got a pretty decent God when it comes down to it, though... appreciate his teachings. His kid had some pretty cool things to say as well. Anyway, take care, folks... I know I sound like a bleeping bad Netflix movie, but that's my world. It's a pleasure to share it with you. I'm doing it because my boss told me to.... and He's bigger than all of us. :)

Comment>

Got to deal with a new one this evening. My room-mate (a female) was bruised from a fall she took yesterday, and she'd been working all day. I took her hand and asked God to give her my strength, and my other room-mate (a male) freaked out, because her bruises on her leg apparently lightened before his eyes. I can't claim to have witnessed this... but he saw it. My eyes were closed. Our Lord is truly powerful, and I figure we're not supposed to forget that.

I don't know if He wants me to keep telling you guys these stories. I probably won't any more. It was nice having a place to tell folks about the things I deal with. Thanks for being there during a time when I felt the need to tell people about the things He lets me do. Forget me. But always know that there are other people like me out there, and we're watching out for you, per God's orders. You'll rarely see us, but while we are not angels, we're fighting for you. It was a pleasure to share this with you, and thank you for listening. Time to go back to war. I think that's what He wants of me... so that's what I'm gonna do.
              Comment>

I don't see any mention of the Holy Spirit here friends. Until you are baptized in the Holy Spirit you don't have the power to deal with devils.

Acts chapter 19 is a Good primer. First get equipped then deal with the enemy.

Mark 16:12, 17-18 (NKJV)
                12 After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country.
                17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
                18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Jesus did no ministry until the Holy Spirit filled Him. Neither can we.
                Comment>

He lets me fight them just fine. While I do not speak in tongues, the Holy Spirit is with me. That much I know.

I appreciate the references. I just got done reading Mark again. I try to prime up every once in awhile before battle. As for your last statement, good sir, I can do whatever our Lord allows me to. I trust him more than you. No offense. :)

Take care and be well.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by clawmute View Post
                    Until you are baptized in the Holy Spirit you don't have the power to deal with devils.
                    When one becomes a believer then at that time they are baptized with the Holy Spirit.
                    This is precisely what happened with Cornelius and the Gentiles with Him in Acts 10 (cf. Acts 19:2; Ephesians 1:13).

Comment>

When you are saved you are born of the spirit but not filled with the Holy Spirit. Those in acts 19 were already believers when they came to Paul. Note ;

Acts 19:2 KJVS
                      He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

They believed already, Paul separated the two distinct events in this verse with the obvious dividing word SINCE.

God CAN baptize you with the Holy Spirit right after being saved like those mentioned or it can take place later. It is always evidenced with the gift of tongues. Always.

There are many components to the gift of tongues. There are many scriptures in the old testament regarding this gift.

The believers in acts chapter 2 had not previously received the Holy Spirit. Two separate events. Denominational religion has long erroneously taught that;

1. You get all of the Holy Spirit when you are saved.
                      2. This is not for today.
                      3.it is of the devil
                      4. There are no gifts of the Spirit today.
                      5.tongues are of the devil.

There are so many components of the baptism of the Holy Spirit that are unknown to denominational believers. I have walked with the Lord Jesus Christ for 40 years. He saved me outside of denominational walls and thank God for all that prayed for me to be saved. After He convicted and saved me in the fall of 1977 He baptized me in the Holy Spirit a few weeks later and gave me the gift of tongues. I didn't realize what had happened until I researched the Scriptures. The old and new testament have many scriptures directly pertaining to this event and gifts thereof.

I was told by unbelieving church goers that this was not from God etc. Such ashame that the word of God on this is rejected and often perverted. The gifts and calling of God are without recall.
                      Comment>

When the Gentiles were saved they were at that time filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 11:17; cf. Acts 2:4).
                        See post #4.
                        Debate: Cornelius and Baptism -Christforums

Acts 19:2 in the NASB reads,
                        He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”

1. W. E. Vine: In the metaphor of the sealing of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed" - not as A.V., "after that ye believed" - ; the aorist participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith) (Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, Seal, page 1003).
                        2. F. F. Bruce: Acts 19:2 and Ephesians 1:13: The normal relation between receiving the Spirit and believing is indicated by ARV (with ERV and RSV) better than by AV ("Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?"), as also in the similar passage in Eph. 1:13. The clause "when ye believed" renders the Gk. aorist participle pisteusantes, the "coincident aorist participle" which "is doctrinally important" (J.H. Moulton, Grammar of NT Greek, 1 [3rd edn., Edinburgh, 1908], p. 131 n.). Cf. Ch. 11:17 (The New International Commentary of the New Testament: Commentary on the Book of Acts, page 385, footnote #8).
                        Last edited by Faber; 09-15-2017, 03:44 PM.
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap