A Christian disciple is a person who accepts and assists in the spreading of the good news of Jesus Christ.

How do you study the Bible?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matto View Post
    Which tradition is the correct tradition? Many of them say they are completely Bible based, yet they conflict with one another, even on what they consider essentials
    Every traditional belief must be compared with the Bible to see if it is correct.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      Every traditional belief must be compared with the Bible to see if it is correct.
      Each man interprets the Bible according to his tradition, so the Bible is never the standard in that case. The Bible means different things according to each man's tradition.

A better way is to compare traditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
        A better way is to compare traditions.
        It is useless to compare traditions with each other without some standard by which we can judge them. If we try then each of us will simply accept the tradition he prefers.

Clyde Herrin's Blog

Comment

I thought there were lots of interesting and helpful comments on various ways of studying the Bible, thanks for everyone's input. I resonated with Fastfredy0 when he mentioned that he takes advantage of the gifted pastors and teachers God has given us, since these great servants of Christ have been much help to me. Often when I am reading the Bible, I find the text is enriched by the ways I have heard it expounded in the past.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap