The Christian life is a personal intimate relationship between you and Christ. This life begins in faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and can only be lived by faith.

What to do when you disagree with a preacher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you disagree with a preacher?

Hello guys, i have sat in various churches and listened to a good number of preachers.
    But I have had a couple of times i've had some say some things I didn't agree with; some I could even prove via the word of God.
    What should I do when I disagree with a statement by preacher?
    I can't just walk up to the pulpit but them watching all the people taking in the wrong message.

You should do what Priscilla and Aquila did when they heard Apollos preach.

Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. (Acts 18:24-26)

The didn't confront him while he was preaching but spoke to him privately.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I don't believe that to confront the pastor, during his sermon, to air your disagreement with his teaching would be the appropriate thing to do. This action on your part could probably cause an uproar because some folks might view it as disrespect to do so when he is preaching. It would probably be wiser to get the attention of the preacher in a private setting after the service and have both of you discuss your concerns.
      Comment>

Originally posted by adssolsn View Post
        Hello guys, i have sat in various churches and listened to a good number of preachers.
        But I have had a couple of times i've had some say some things I didn't agree with; some I could even prove via the word of God.
        What should I do when I disagree with a statement by preacher?
        I can't just walk up to the pulpit but them watching all the people taking in the wrong message.

What was the error?
        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus
          You should do what Priscilla and Aquila did when they heard Apollos preach.

Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. (Acts 18:24-26)

The didn't confront him while he was preaching but spoke to him privately.
          Good advice. Be ready to have a surprised and angry rebuttal though! Best to have scripture ready.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap