There is something healthy about returning to one’s roots. When it comes to evangelical Christianity, its roots are found in the soil of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation.

For our Reformed friends- rejoice together with us...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For our Reformed friends- rejoice together with us...

    ...because this Sunday we celebrate Reformation Sunday- the Sunday service to mark the nailing of the 95 Theses on the door at All Saint's Church, Wittenberg.

    This years marks the 499th anniversary of the event. Next year will be a big one!

    Will your church be doing anything special?

  • #2
    Unfortunately we will not be doing anything for Reformation day. Hopefully the sermon this Sunday will recap this monumental moment and cover the 5 Solas.

    God bless,
    William
    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by William View Post
      Unfortunately we will not be doing anything for Reformation day. Hopefully the sermon this Sunday will recap this monumental moment and cover the 5 Solas.

      God bless,
      William
      I'm sure it will! Exciting stuff!
      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by RevT View Post

        I'm sure it will! Exciting stuff!
        It wasn't a disappointment. We followed Calvin's structure, but our topic was Martin Luther's contribution to Christiandom, though the sermon mainly centered on Sola Fide.

        God bless,
        William
        Comment>

        • #5
          Originally posted by William View Post

          It wasn't a disappointment. We followed Calvin's structure, but our topic was Martin Luther's contribution to Christiandom, though the sermon mainly centered on Sola Fide.

          God bless,
          William
          I'm not sure which church Kalendar you use, but on Reformation Sunday I like to preach on on Luther and Sola Fide and what needs reforming in Christendom today. I will cover the other key points up until Advent as best I can.
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by RevT View Post

            I'm not sure which church Kalendar you use, but on Reformation Sunday I like to preach on on Luther and Sola Fide and what needs reforming in Christendom today. I will cover the other key points up until Advent as best I can.
            To answer your question about which Calendar, I dunno :(

            I began a new thread here in the spirit of Reformation Day: Martin Luther/Reformation Day - Romans 1:16-17 -Christforums

            My question there mainly centers around what Luther believed before Sola Fide, what influenced him before that moment, and why did it take so long? Also what did Christiandom believe before the Reformation, and why? What influenced the average Christian and likewise why did they believe the Catholic church fathers?

            I'd love to hear some brief "forum" type responses if you find time from your busy schedule RevT.

            God bless, brother.
            William
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap