Dos and Don'ts, all we need to know is the Bible; however, not all is covered explicitly. Discuss how Christians should act or what they should do when facing divorce, smoking, and other issues.

I dislike living in Canada.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I dislike living in Canada.

    Justin Trudeau is crazy!!!

    #2
    Unfortunately there is no perfect government, nor one that is truly Christian and serving the Lord. This is why we need to pray for our leaders as the Bible says.

    Personally, I miss Canada and I wish I lived there rather than in the U.S. I would move back if I could.
    Comment>

      #3
      From a completely out of the loop Virginian here: why is Canada's Prime Minister crazy? Acadia, what can you find in Canada that doesn't exist Stateside?
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by ConfessionalLutheran
        From a completely out of the loop Virginian here: why is Canada's Prime Minister crazy? Acadia, what can you find in Canada that doesn't exist Stateside?
        Family, friends and home.
        Comment>

          #5
          Originally posted by Acadia View Post

          Family, friends and home.
          No wonder you'd like to go back. I certainly couldn't live without my people close by..
          Comment>

            #6
            Originally posted by ConfessionalLutheran
            Understood. I couldn't imagine that for myself..
            It's been hard living in the States for the last two years. I still miss everything, I likely always will to some extent. Not being able to visit my parents as they get older is also very hard.

            Comment>

              #7
              Originally posted by Acadia View Post

              It's been hard living in the States for the last two years. I still miss everything, I likely always will to some extent. Not being able to visit my parents as they get older is also very hard.
              I was terribly homesick those three years I lived in Florida.. I called my parents almost daily. As I said, I don't think I could survive without my kin close by.
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by ConfessionalLutheran
                I was terribly homesick those three years I lived in Florida.. I called my parents almost daily. As I said, I don't think I could survive without my kin close by.
                I know what you mean.
                Comment>

                  #9
                  Can't say I know much about Canada, I know there's a lot of liberals, I wouldn't want to be around that. Being out in a less populated part of Canada sounds nice though, I'd rather have it freezing cold instead of hot and humid. And it would probably be nice and quiet.
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ConfessionalLutheran View Post

                    I was terribly homesick those three years I lived in Florida.. I called my parents almost daily. As I said, I don't think I could survive without my kin close by.
                    Can I ask what part of FL you lived in and if you liked it? I'm trying to escape the cold weather. I'm somewhat hesitant with FL because of snakes, mosquitos, and humidity. Very hard trying to relocate.
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Innerfire89
                      Can't say I know much about Canada, I know there's a lot of liberals, I wouldn't want to be around that. Being out in a less populated part of Canada sounds nice though, I'd rather have it freezing cold instead of hot and humid. And it would probably be nice and quiet.
                      There are a lot of Conservatives too. Our last Prime Minister, (before Trudeau) was Conservative.

                      I grew up in an part of Canada that doesn't have many people, and I also lived in the country. I live in a city here in the U.S. now, and on one of the busiest streets. My husband and I have been searching for a place in the country with a bit of land, but it's been months and we haven't even been able to go look at a single house. It's really difficult to find a country home around here apparently, and because it's so populated around here, land is really expensive.

                      I'm just trying not to go crazy with all the noise and lack of privacy, and trying to be patient and trust God in everything.
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Acadia View Post

                        There are a lot of Conservatives too. Our last Prime Minister, (before Trudeau) was Conservative.

                        I grew up in an part of Canada that doesn't have many people, and I also lived in the country. I live in a city here in the U.S. now, and on one of the busiest streets. My husband and I have been searching for a place in the country with a bit of land, but it's been months and we haven't even been able to go look at a single house. It's really difficult to find a country home around here apparently, and because it's so populated around here, land is really expensive.

                        I'm just trying not to go crazy with all the noise and lack of privacy, and trying to be patient and trust God in everything.
                        Good luck I hope you find something. Did you find a home church yet? Privacy is important - I love where we live because I have good privacy but the weather and taxes are terrible.
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Originally posted by saint View Post

                          Can I ask what part of FL you lived in and if you liked it? I'm trying to escape the cold weather. I'm somewhat hesitant with FL because of snakes, mosquitos, and humidity. Very hard trying to relocate.
                          Sure! I lived in Jacksonville, Florida, the areas of Mandarin and Baymeadows. The people were friendly, the weather was warm to hot constantly ( but it generally rained off and on during the week) and things were a lot less expensive. The Chinese food wasn't any good, though and little lizards kept finding their way into the condo. There was no work to be found, so you might find yourself doing all kinds of odd jobs to survive.
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            Originally posted by saint
                            Good luck I hope you find something. Did you find a home church yet?
                            Yes, my husband and I have a church, though when we move we may need to find another.

                            Originally posted by saint
                            Privacy is important - I love where we live because I have good privacy but the weather and taxes are terrible.
                            Yeah, it can be difficult to find a good place.
                            Comment>

                              #15
                              Originally posted by ConfessionalLutheran View Post

                              Sure! I lived in Jacksonville, Florida, the areas of Mandarin and Baymeadows. The people were friendly, the weather was warm to hot constantly ( but it generally rained off and on during the week) and things were a lot less expensive. The Chinese food wasn't any good, though and little lizards kept finding their way into the condo. There was no work to be found, so you might find yourself doing all kinds of odd jobs to survive.
                              That's good to know. I don't like rain but I heard it rained there a lot. You made me smile about the little lizards - I remember our kids chasing them when we went to Disneyland years ago. I don't need work but do need public transportation. Did you move?
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap