Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The false "god" of Islam

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The false "god" of Islam

Sura 4:48
    Allah forgiveth not partners should be set up with him; but he forgiveth anything else, to whom he pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed.
    The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation
    That Christians worship the Lord Jesus they have, according to Islam, committed the unforgivable sin known as "shirk."
    Shirk (Islam - Wikipedia)
    And yet the Bible teaches that the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of worship on numerous occasions. This demonstrates that He is God.
    Yes, it is proper to worship the Lord Jesus Christ - Christforums

Sura 4:171
    O people of the Book! Commit no excess in your religion; Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and his word, which he bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from him: so believe in Allah and his apostles. Say not "Trinity"; desist; it will be better for you; for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to him: (for exalted is he) above having a son. To him belong all things in the heavens and on the earth. And enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs.
    Matthew 28:19
    Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. (NASB)
    Notice "the" precedes each member of the Holy Trinity thereby demonstrating that the singular "name" encompasses all 3 of them.

Based on the truth of the Bible and the lies of the Quran I fully affirm that the "god" of Islam is a blasphemous idol and that Muhammad was a heretic.

Sura 5:116
    And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

The Lord Jesus never taught the worship of Mary but He did teach that He was to be worshiped (Matthew 28:19; Mark 14:62 cf. Daniel 7:13-14; Luke 17:16; John 5:23; 14:14; 20:28).
    When the text asserts that the Lord Jesus doesn't know what is in the Father's heart this contradicts both Matthew 11:27 and Luke 10:22.
    Matthew 11:27
    All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. (NASB)
    1. Daniel Whedon: No man knoweth the Son… neither… the Father — These are hid (Matthew 11:25) as mysteries from all save Omniscience.
    Matthew 11 Commentary - Daniel Whedon's Commentary on the Bible
    2. Robert Jamieson, Andrew Robert Fausset, and David Brown: What a saying is this, that 'the Father and the Son are mutually and exclusively known to each other!' A higher claim to equality with the Father cannot be conceived. Either, then, we have here one of the most revolting assumptions ever uttered, or the proper Divinity of Christ should to Christians be beyond dispute.
    Matthew 11 Commentary - Jamieson, Fausset and Brown's Unabridged Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible

Comment

Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap