Join with others to discuss God and/or the Biblical Doctrine of the Trinity (Godhead). Discuss the attributes and characteristics of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Can God create a rock too bigger than He can move?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can God create a rock too bigger than He can move?

I don't know if God would create a rock too big for Him to move. But can He? Yes.
    God can do anything so how can He create the rock that He cant move and still be able to to create such a rock? God can create the rock, reduce his own power and not be able to move the rock at that time, then God can return to His full power and move the rock. Therefore God can create a rock too big for Him to move then move the that rock.

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    I don't know if God would create a rock too big for Him to move. But can He? Yes.
    God can do anything so how can He create the rock that He cant move and still be able to to create such a rock? God can create the rock, reduce his own power and not be able to move the rock at that time, then God can return to His full power and move the rock. Therefore God can create a rock too big for Him to move then move the that rock.
    I think what you're touching upon is that God can through the incarnation make a rock simultaneously too heavy for Christ to lift, but through the Father move the immovable?

I think this misses the intent of the question though. The question begs whether God can do something outside his character. Whether God can lie etc, if not He cannot do anything, therefore omnipotence is called into question.

An article of similar interest: Can God Create a Stone Too Heavy for Him to Lift? - Christforums

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

I think what you're touching upon is that God can through the incarnation make a rock simultaneously too heavy for Christ to lift, but through the Father move the immovable?

I think this misses the intent of the question though. The question begs whether God can do something outside his character. Whether God can lie etc, if not He cannot do anything, therefore omnipotence is called into question.

An article of similar interest: Can God Create a Stone Too Heavy for Him to Lift? - Christforums

God bless,
      William
      Good answer William. God cannot deny Himself.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap