Presbyterianism, whose bodies are also called Reformed Churches, share a common origin in the 16th-century Swiss Reformation and the teachings of John Calvin, and today is one of the largest Christian denominations in Protestantism.

Will sacrifices be restored when Christ returns? (2017-05-31)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will sacrifices be restored when Christ returns? (2017-05-31)

Will sacrifices be restored when Christ returns?

More...

I would like to respond to some statements in the article you link to.

Christians who hold to the renewed offering of sacrifices upon the return of Christ usually hold also the premillenial/dispensational view of eschatology. Briefly, this position interprets Scripture to mean that the nation Israel will be restored to earthly prominence at the Second Coming of Jesus and will reign with Him on earth for a thousand years (cf. Revelation 20). During this supposed reign daily sacrifices will be offered in the restored temple constructed along the lines revealed in Ezekiel, chapters 40-48. Israel is distinguished from the Church, which according to this view, will have been takRevelation 21:22 says specifically that there is to be no temple in Heaven. Why would God perpetuate that institution on earth?en out of this world and will therefore not participate in these sacrifices.
    I hold the premillenial/dispensational view and I believe that Ezekiel 40-48 describes what will happen during the millenium, but I disagree with the last statement. The church will be taken out of the world before the tribulation, but we will return with Christ and will be part of the kingdom he sets up, so we will take part in the sacrifices.

Even if one accepts that there will be an earthly thousand year reign of Christ, there is no warrant for the reinstitution of a modified sacrificial system. In the (to me unlikely) eventuality of a millennial kingdom, no one will need more animal sacrifices in order to appreciate the death of Christ, and no one will need to offer flesh or grain on an altar in order to draw nearer to God.
    At the start of the Millenium everyone will be saved and have no need of sacrifices to remind them of what Christ did, but there will be births during the Millenium and those born will need to be taught the truth just like those before them. Animal sacrifices will be needed to help them understand.

Animal sacrifices during the Millenium | clydeherrin

Revelation 21:22 says specifically that there is to be no temple in Heaven. Why would God perpetuate that institution on earth?
    On earth there will always be people who are still unregenerate and need to be taught the truth.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap