Presbyterianism, whose bodies are also called Reformed Churches, share a common origin in the 16th-century Swiss Reformation and the teachings of John Calvin, and today is one of the largest Christian denominations in Protestantism.

Serving communion at a wedding (2015-02-08)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving communion at a wedding (2015-02-08)

Is having communion at a wedding appropriate? I have seen weddings where the bride and groom receive communion together during the service. I have also been to weddings where the bride and groom have served the elements of the meal to those gathered after the sacraments were blessed by the minister. This act served as a symbol of their commitment to being servants together for the Lord in their congregation. What is OPC's stand on this subject?

More...

Often many guests at a wedding aren't Christians. If you have a communion service at a wedding you must either risk offending guests by telling them they can't participate or allow unsaved people to take communion.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      Often many guests at a wedding aren't Christians. If you have a communion service at a wedding you must either risk offending guests by telling them they can't participate or allow unsaved people to take communion.
      The same could be said in church considering there are new people checking the church and service come communion day. Guest should be addressed during communion. I would think most Christian weddings do happen in church, and whenever communion service is given it would be appropriate that there be a verbal fence set up around the communion table by reciting 1 Corinthians 11:24-32.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap