What to do if a tongue prayer repeats the same word?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do if a tongue prayer repeats the same word?

What if when I start to pray in tongues I start to repeat the same word: "Tealesy, tealesy, tealesy, tealesy, tealesy"?

Should I seek a more diverse prayer?

(Mt. 6:7) "In praying, don’t use vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their much speaking."

Hi Porton, I don't talk much a usually get involved in discussions about praying in Tongues because it is such a controversial topic, but this time, I'll try to help. I can and do pray in Tongues, but not often. There was a time when I thought we were supposed to try to make that happen, but any more, if I do I do, if I don't, that's OK too. I guess I'd suggest you just pray in English (assuming that's your normal language), and, of course, ask the Lord about all this. But I really think it's beneficial to pray in your own language, thinking about what prayer should be and why,
    Comment>

Hello There. Peace of Christ...Repetition is a no no in Spiritual Judaism a.k.a Christianity it is accepted and practised in christendom a.k.a the catholic church and her daughters the protestant denominations, speaking in tongues is of lucifer, of a false jesus, not of the Jesus of the Holy Scriptures...babling, mumbling an uttering unknown words is a no, no...Imagine your wife or kids or friends doing that to you?!!!! Brother James a.k..a Mr. Bojangles
      Comment>

James, there is your opinion and there is a letter to Corinthians.
        Comment>

Originally posted by porton View Post
          there is a letter to Corinthians
          Here is what it says about speaking in tongues.

If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God.
          1 Corinthians 14:27-28
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

I am a firm believer in the promise of Jesus to send us a helper,who is the Holy spirit.Speaking in tongues is one of the tell tale signs that a person has received that wonderful promise.On noting that you keep repeating the same word,it could be a sign that one is still in the very preliminary stages of receiving the gift e.g like when a child is learning how to walk or one could also ask for the assured help of the Holy spirit.In faith and hope a turn around is assured.As one walks with the Holy spirit of God,respecting him and in purity,he may experience diversity of tongues as a manifestation of a balanced relationship with the Holy spirit.
            Comment>

Last edited by birdfriend; 04-28-2017, 07:49 AM. Reason: site closure
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap