The New Jerusalem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Jerusalem

This is a Christian sect headed by a certain Apollo Quiboloy. With their headquarters in Davao City, south of the Philippines, they are building a nation they call New Jerusalem. The Pastor Quiboloy bears the title "appointed son of God" so it is clear that he is the new messiah. Funny because there were so many ahead of him who claimed to be the reincarnation of Jesus. But what gets me is that he has lots of followers. I wonder how people look at him and why they join his sect which looks more like a cult. Shades of the Guyana Tragedy of Jim Jones where he professed to be the messiah and when the scam was uncovered he initiated a mass suicide for his followers.

Pastor Quiboloy has a tv program where he preaches together with his choir composed of mostly foreigners.

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
    I wonder how people look at him and why they join his sect which looks more like a cult.
    People who reject the true gospel place themselves under Satan's power and can easily be deceived by him. This is why all efforts to evangelize must be accompanied by much prayer if they are to be successful.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap