An independent Baptist pastor speaks out against Hebrew Roots and Sacred Name advocacy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An independent Baptist pastor speaks out against Hebrew Roots and Sacred Name advocacy.

I thought I recognized this "preacher!"
    "You shall know them by their fruits." Matthew 7:16
    I recognized him by the condescending tone and his "1611 King James Bible" being the "end of God's word." Everything else he said, correct or incorrect goes out the window!
    Steven J Anderson, I listened to him (on YouTube) slander a Godly man (Paul Washer) for preaching repentance, and how God's Word here in the west has become so watered down, it doesn't even resemble Christianity anymore. Paul Washer in fact reminds me of the Prophets, Jeremiah, Isaiah, and John The Baptist, to name a few. They called Israel continuously to repent. To stop listening to the false prophets who seemed to dominate just like today, having their "itching ears scratched" and wanting to hear only what they wanted to hear, and never coming to repentance. Go to You Tube and type in Steven J Anderson on Paul Washer and you'll see what I mean. It is called "Steven J Anderson Rips into Paul Washer" and when you listen to all his berating of Paul Washer you can just apply it to Steven.
    Last edited by Jason T V; 06-17-2015, 10:49 AM.
    Comment>

Thought I recognized Steven Anderson. He was in the news recently:

He stood up in his pulpit and screamed “I hope Bruce Jenner dies and goes to Hell, I hope he dies today. I hate him…he is an evil, filthy animal…die, you freak!!!!” He went on to say that if “you want to pray for Bruce Jenner to be saved, you are not welcome in this church…get out of here!!!!”

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
        Thought I recognized Steven Anderson. He was in the news recently:

God bless,
        William
        Indeed, a sermon I thought quite unworthy of presenting. It is interesting that one as young as he and as animated in the cause of his beliefs should be such a mixture of error and truth. He is, according to his web pages, the father of seven or eight children and husband of a demure German wife; he speaks English, German, and seemingly some modern Greek. I do not doubt he is intelligent yet he seems to be inclined to excess in some doctrines. Nevertheless his comments about the use of Yeshua in preference over Jesus have some cogency and the Hebrew Roots movement most certainly has in its number many who urge observance of Israelite feast days and dietary laws as well as Torah in general and these things cannot be counted as true or good.
        Comment>

I know that this is an old post, but I was actually going to post about him here until I saw this thread so I hope it's okay for me to comment. (Off topic: Does he remind anyone else of Jack from Lost?? Haha) I actually really like this guy, although I haven't watched his sermons. I am familiar with his documentary titled "Marching To Zion," and was particularly impressed by it. I have to say that I agree with everything he said in it, but I love how he was so respectful to the Jews he was interviewing in it even though they had different opinions than him.
          Comment>

He is illiterate and doesn't understand that Yahweh predates Jesus. Yahweh is the sacred Tetragrammaton of YHWH with probably means 'he is'. Because God's name is so sacred he needs a special name. Jesus isn't Yahweh but the son of Yahweh. This guy is annoying and hateful. His lack of basic knowledge shows he's only in it for the money and fame and not for God or he wouldn't slander Yahweh's chosen people.
            Comment>

It says it right there in the Bible that the Jews are no longer the chosen people. They turned against him and the Bible says they are of the devil, which makes sense seeing as how they've been kicked out of several countries and always support things like gay marriage.
              Comment>

He is indeed a piece of work. I did look up his bio even though I have heard of him and frankly I am not impressed with his methodology nor his self taught individualistic belief system.

Steven is an example of why so many people today hate Christianity. He makes it hard to study the Word of God by placing so many land mines in the way, and by pretending he has a good concept of Greek is a total abomination to those of us who did study.
                He, like several other preachers and pastors that I have run into in the past, literally take the eyes of others off of the Lord and place them on themselves so their congregation will continually seek their approval.

For instance: Under his definition of righteousness, if I say that I do not care anything about homosexuality then I am condemed to hell. In truth, I really do not care what gender other people align themselves with for it is the ACT that is sinful and as we all know, ALL sins can be forgiven with the exception of one.
                In the past, I even heard a preacher say that a person could not call God, "daddy". If a small child (which I knew) without an earthly dad wishes to assign that job to the Heavenly Father and call Him daddy......God Bless him or her.

I really will not get to far on the name of Jesus for I know that there is but one Son of the Father and He said, "before Abraham, I AM". Good enough for me. He is the Great I AM. The Alpha and Omega. Yeshua, Joshua, Jesus, and the list goes on.............

Do ya think Jesus the Christ will hate me for that?
                Comment>

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
                  He, like several other preachers and pastors that I have run into in the past, literally take the eyes of others off of the Lord and place them on themselves so their congregation will continually seek their approval.
                  Amen!

Sometimes it seems that there are too many fruit inspectors with the intent of bringing upon the brethren condemnation of the Lord.

Reminded me of Shai Linne's video on proper response. I thought about it after reading your response Pastor Bob, having one's eyes taken off of the Lord and misplaced elsewhere:

What has been key for me personally is Soli Deo Gloria. Often I ask whether a doctrine I read professes Glory to God alone. While the beginning of a sermon may preach the Law, and shift the focus onto my sinfulness, I know at this low point that a good Pastor is going to preach Christ crucified, my focus from the Law recognizes my sinful nature and need of a savior to the climax of Christ's crucifixion bringing me to praise, glorifying God alone.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

This is one of those people who do not understand the Bible, yet believe they are a preacher. How can you call yourself a Christian and not love? How can you not take seriously that we are to preach the gospel to everyone, no matter what choices they have made as unbelievers? This is just totally wrong. Sadly, he is another example of an Independent Baptist that is not walking according to the teachings of Christ. I don't know what it is about the Independent Baptists. I certainly do not want to make a blanket statement when there are certainly wonderful people among them, but all my life I have heard not so good things about them.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Finding-Faith View Post
                      It says it right there in the Bible that the Jews are no longer the chosen people. They turned against him and the Bible says they are of the devil, which makes sense seeing as how they've been kicked out of several countries and always support things like gay marriage.
                      I suggest that you read and study chapters 9 to 11 of Romans. Paul was a Jew and cared about the welfare of his people. They have been temporarily blinded to the truth because they rejected Jesus as their Messiah but a time is coming when their blindness will end.
                      Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,
                      “The Deliverer will come from Zion,
                      he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
                      “and this will be my covenant with them
                      when I take away their sins.”
                      (Romans 11:25-27 ESV)
                      Clyde Herrin's Blog
                      Comment>

You people say he doesn't know what he's talking about, but to me it sounds as if he's interpreting the bible correctly and telling the truth that others are scared to say because they might be seen as anti-semitic. If I lived in the state he preaches in, I would love to be a member of his church. All you have to do is watch his documentary March To Zion and he has all the proof there to match his statements and what he preaches.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by Finding-Faith View Post
                          You people say he doesn't know what he's talking about, but to me it sounds as if he's interpreting the bible correctly and telling the truth that others are scared to say because they might be seen as anti-semitic. If I lived in the state he preaches in, I would love to be a member of his church. All you have to do is watch his documentary March To Zion and he has all the proof there to match his statements and what he preaches.
                          You will have to pardon me but I am an incessant and sometimes over bearing empiricist. While you may say that someone is stating the facts I look to see if all of the facts are indeed intact.

In Stevens own doctrinal statement he rallies against homosexuality to the point of saying that a homosexual will go to hell. That, my dear friend is a bold statement for it contradicts the Bible. The examples given in the law of Moses and even in the 1st chapter of Romans condemn the "ACT" of a man performing acts that are unnatural to men.
                          Please do note: I am NOT gay nor do I sympathize with the plight of gay people but I have led a few to repentance.

Now, the other side of the same coin: How is it that a mortal man has to power to condemn another human being to hell?
                          And do please, let us understand that he has uttered and written the word "homosexual" and to tell the truth, it does not appear in any text anywhere in any version of the Holy Bible. Yet, he espouses the name Jesus to be the one and only name of our savior because he states that it is the only name give in the Bible. (which he is soooooo much in error). He cannot have it both ways. One thing is NOT in the Bible but he says that Biblicly someone is going to hell but another IS in the Bible so do you get my drift??

When someone says, "If we find one thing wrong then the whole thing is wrong" it stands as a propositional truth. Okay, his doctrinal statement states that the King James Version of the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
                          Again, incorrect. Even though I personally enjoy the King James I know that there are 14 mistakes based on translational problems which came from a misunderstanding about cultural differences. Every theologian in the world knows this but yet, your friend Steven has again, gone against the facts.
                          One thing wrong and it's all wrong remember? I found three mistakes he has made in as many minutes so what now?
                          Do I shrug my shoulders and say yeah, but he's a good guy, an ordained preacher, (who ordained him?) so he's got to be right. Nope!!

We are told to "prove" all things are we not? Did not Paul tell Timothy to "Study to show thyself approved unto God, A workman who needeth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY dividing the WORD of TRUTH?"

My dear friend, there are sooooo many sects out there in every phase of Christianity and it is our job, as Children of God, to make sure that when we study, we study the whole and right information and not something lined with half truths.
                          That, is how we get a bunch of really miserable Christians living miserable lives............God Bless............Bobby
                          Comment>

He who denies the Son denies the Father. The Jews deny the Son. theophilus They don't even believe in the Bible or go by the laws written in it. Their temple was destroyed, their people were scattered, and Christ allowed it. Why? Because he wasn't happy with them. They don't even believe in the real prophet, they believe it's Moses. They believe they can lie, cheat, and steal as long as it's not against their own people (only against the Gentiles). Jesus even rebuked the word of the Talmud, which states that he's the son of Pantera who Mary committed adultery with, which states that he did his miracles with magic, which says Jesus should be punished for all eternity in hot excrement, which says God is both male and female (the Bible proves that false). So tell me what makes them the chosen people any longer when it says in the Bible that they're not?

Bobby Cole The term homosexual defines a man laying with a man, therefore the word doesn't have to be in the Bible to be understood that they go hand in hand and mean the same thing; the Bible says two men must not lie together like a man and woman does, therefore the term homosexual goes along with what the Bible is saying and therefore one can say they are going to Hell.
                            Comment>

For discussion's sake:

1 Corinthians 6

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

While we would not condemn homosexuals solely, as sin is not what sends men to Hell, and all sin, we do have to recognize what Scripture states concerning those who practice an unbroken pattern of sin who evidence they have not repented.

Anyone care to comment on this passage?

God bless.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap