When they said the CofE was conservative....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they said the CofE was conservative....

I'm sorry but this story, in all its nit-picking glory, shows exactly how popular change is in the Church of England. The vicar put a plastic table and chairs in the church for children during the service. Certain parishoners have raised an uproar and objected on the grounds of 'clergy misconduct'. After all, they did without it for 900 years, and they don't need to go changing things now!
    A storm has erupted after a vicar installed a children's table and chairs in a 12th century church.

I read enough when I read this: "A vicar has found herself"
    Last edited by thatbrian; 03-06-2017, 06:09 PM.
    Comment>

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post
      I read enough when I read this, "A vicar has found herself"
      I agree. If the church members are protesting the furniture and not the fact that they have a woman vicar they are straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

I agree. If the church members are protesting the furniture and not the fact that they have a woman vicar they are straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel.
        Yes. And, the irony is, it's the female clergy who would have put the kids furniture there. A man (probably) wouldn't have done that.
        Comment>

Isn't there a Biblical guideline that says a pastor, bishop, etc. leader of the church standing behind the pulpit is to be the husband of one wife -- that narrows the field to Men behind that pulpit. Would not allow for a woman. Women are great teachers for women's Bible studies. Women's Bible conferences.

If there are not enough children in the congregation to use the small table with 4 chairs -- then maybe they need to preach so as to attract more people with kids -- after all -- the children are the future adult church members. I'd be More concerned about what the vicar is teaching the congregation.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
            I'd be More concerned about what the vicar is teaching the congregation.
            My guess is that she is teaching them nothing of substance. The typical homily from these types ends with the punchline, "now go and be nice to one another".
            Comment>

Also the name of the church is a disaster. "St Mary the Virgin Church." What sort of church name is that? There is only one church in the bible, the "Church of God", 1 Cor 1.2 and the head of the church is Christ Eph 5.23.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap