Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

How do we truly get saved?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we truly get saved?

Only reason I asked is because you have to do more than just believe in Christ, right? The devil believes in God but still rejects him. You need a relationship with Jesus in order to be saved, right?

Please note I desire a relationship with Jesus because I want to be loved by my creator, not just to be saved.

Originally posted by theokayman1 View Post
    Only reason I asked is because you have to do more than just believe in Christ, right? The devil believes in God but still rejects him. You need a relationship with Jesus in order to be saved, right?

Please note I desire a relationship with Jesus because I want to be loved by my creator, not just to be saved.
    The devil believes in God in the sense that he knows he exists. The kind of belief that saves involves more that a mere intellectual belief that certain things are true. It means admitting that God is our creator and master and that we have rebelled against him. We must believe that Jesus died to atone for our sins and rose again from the dead. We must admit that we can do nothing to save ourselves and that God has made available a way of salvation that we don't deserve. When we give up on any effort to save ourselves and trust entirely in Jesus to save us we will be truly saved.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Romans 10:9–10, NASB95)

Seems quite simple to me with "believe in your heart" being the optimum phrase.
      Comment>

Nearly all my friends don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
        Comment>

Originally posted by theokayman1 View Post
          Nearly all my friends don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
          If I may suggest that it's important for you To have born-again Christian friends. Are you able to talk with them about their need? Their relationship With Jesus Christ?

Did you miss type? Did you mean that they Do have or Don't have.
          Comment>

Yeah nearly all my friends are atheists.

But I still have faith in Jesus Christ as lord and savior.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap