Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Three-Fold Mission of the Church

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three-Fold Mission of the Church

By the time I was converted to the Church, I have learned the three-fold mission of the Church. The first is proclaiming the Gospel to those who haven't known it, to those who have been lost by teaching them about God, about Jesus Christ, about Heavenly Father, and the importance of baptism by immersion. The second is perfecting the saints through the Gospel studies, through reading the scriptures, the writings of the chosen people of God especially those who hold the Priesthood of God, and by listening to the spiritual messages of the leaders of the Church. And the last is redeeming the dead. The salvation of the living is not complete without working the salvation of the dead and it is being worked out in the holy ordinances inside the temple of God.`
    Last edited by Nakitakona; 10-31-2016, 07:54 AM. Reason: I miss the word OUT in "with working"

Originally posted by Nakitakona View Post
    The salvation of the living is not complete with working the salvation of the dead and it is being worked out in the holy ordinances inside the temple of God.
    Are you a Mormon?
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Yap, I am a Mormon. I chose my denomination as Other for our Church is not mentioned in the selection. Our Church is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or simply LDS.
      Comment>

Mormonism is nothing like the faith of the nephites in the book of mormon....and your theology is both contrary to that book and the bible as well
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap