Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Which is the true Church of Christ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the true Church of Christ

If you just google the internet about a few hours about true church of Jesus Christ, then you'll find thousands of people claiming that their church is true church, some by faith, some by apostolic succession, some by any other kinda stuff. The church who claims apostolic succession condemns others on their root by scripture and the church by faith condemn others by their practises. Most of churches has something contradicting the Bible. A new comer Christian like me will have a headache on such kinda problem. Each Church claims itself a true Church. All the denominational churches are established on the Bible but each person's interpretation is different. Sometimes I feel I should follow Lutheranism, sometimes Catholicism, sometimes Orthodoxy, sometimes Anglicism, sometimes any other. Even by reading the Bible, its very hard to find the true church. Each church claims its opposite to be defiled by Satan. That's very confusing.

Yes, God is not in denominations. God is in His Word. God never said: I am Catholic, Evangelic ..etc.
    God will ask each one personnel: Did you believe Me? Did you follow Me? (Jesus Christ said: I am the way and the truth and the life.....)

John 3:16-17
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Every believer must have personnel relationship with God

Ephesians 2:8-10
    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it isthe gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Romans 10:17
    "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Hebrews 11:1
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Ephesians 4:11-13
    “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.”

.....now we can see: God gave ministries to the Believers. It is God's choice. Not school, teaching in the school... (Bible say: For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life...)
    And how we recognize the truth Ministry? It is revelation, God's grace. Just pray to our God, Lord Jesus Christ. He is the same Yesterday, today and forever!

I found my spring of Life.
    May God guide you. He say: Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

God's Word never lie.

God bless you

Comment>

The Greek word translated church is ecclesia, which means a group of people that is called out for a specific purpose. It is used to refer to the body of Christ which is made up of all who have put their faith in Christ. and is also used of local assemblies of believers. It is never used in the Bible to refer to a denomination but there is nothing wrong with using it in this way. Denominations are made up of local churches who are in agreement on their doctrines, who are united to carry out their work more effectively. Local churches and denominations are generally made up of true Christians and those who merely profess to be saved, so none of them can be called the true church.

Unsaved members of churches aren't necessarily being hypocritical or lying when the claim to be Christians. The generally believe they are Christians because they don't understand the way of salvation. There was a time when I was one of these unsaved church members. I had never had the way of salvation explained to me but I believed that salvation came through water baptism and living a good life. I am thankful that God did send someone into my life who explained the way of salvation to me and enabled me to really become a Christian.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Thanks all for clearing doubts.
        Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        I had never had the way of salvation explained to me but I believed that salvation came through water baptism and living a good life. I am thankful that God did send someone into my life who explained the way of salvation to me and enabled me to really become a Christian.
        If God didn't send you people in my life then I can't know who Christ is and what's his Church. I have another doubt. How can one be baptised into Holy Spirit? If by only faith in Lord, then I'm baptised but if by a ritual ceremony like Catholics do, then I'm not. Catholics often refer Acts 15-17. I believe that we're baptised when by faith, we believe in Lord that he has baptised us by his spirit. Am I right?
        Comment>

Originally posted by motirattan View Post
          I believe that we're baptised when by faith, we believe in Lord that he has baptised us by his spirit. Am I right?
          You will have to elaborate and be more specific. But by what you are saying, no. You're not right. Baptism is a sign seal and mark of the NT covenant and is done with water and word instead of the OT covenant's circumcision. Water baptism is also an initiation into the visible Church. What I believe you're alluding to is regeneration. And not everyone knows when regeneration occurs, besides not knowing at all, it usually occurs before our conversion (in adults) or after covenant baptism (during infancy) John 3:8. Either way, we only believe in one baptism (see Nicene Creed). Water baptism does not necessarily mean that regeneration has occurred (unless you're Catholic believing in baptismal regeneration).

Check out some of the baptism threads in the baptism sub-forums motirattan.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Thanks. I was talking about baptism of Holy Spirit. I can't be baptised with water a this time but now I believe I'll soon be.
            Comment>

Originally posted by motirattan View Post
              Thanks. I was talking about baptism of Holy Spirit. I can't be baptised with water a this time but now I believe I'll soon be.
              May I suggest: What is baptism in the Holy Spirit? | carm

God bless,
              William

Comment>

Thanks, I gotta check it out.
                Comment>

Lots of churches, cities, and even countries, claim to have the true church of God. Some claim that the stones in the verse Matthew 16:18 "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it." are the very same ones that were found in the Bible. I don't know if they truly believe it, or they are simply using it to attract followers and devotees from all over the globe, but it has been a popular thing to claim in churches, for some reason. I think you don't need a grand church for the Lord to hear it. I think all you need is a sincere heart.
                  Comment>

"True church" is but a label that is used to promote divisions these days. Christians [real followers of Christ] make up the body of Christ. They are the true church. In Christ denominations do not exist. If you are a Christian then you are part of the true church. But if you are a Christian only in name the denomination your belong to won't get you salvation.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap