Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

For those that believe in cosmology evolution.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that believe in cosmology evolution.

In the beginning...

1) If there is space, energy and time but no matter, can anything be created?

2) If there is energy, time and matter but no space, where would the created be placed?

3) If there is time, matter and space but no energy, how could anything be created?

4) If there is matter, space and energy but no time, when could anything be created?

5) Where did space, energy, time and matter come from?

6) Is the universe finite or infinite and if, it is infinite, can the age be determined?

7) If anyone cares to answer, I am looking for answers that can be supported by empirical scientific evidence, not theories.

I had assumed there were a number of folks that post on CF who believe in the "scientific" version of creation, apparently, my assumption was wrong. Or, is it because they have no answers for the questions asked?
    Comment>

"Where did space, energy, time and matter come from?"

We don't know where they came from, but the person who was originally responsible for the big bang theory was both a physicist and a priest, so he would presumably have postulated that God had something to do with it.
      Comment>

Hi TWiT, our Mormon friends teach that everything that now exists in space/time, ALWAYS existed (IOW, time, matter, energy, and even human souls are from everlasting, just like the Bible teaches us that God is). However, the church teaches that there was no space/time, matter/energy/souls, etc., before God called it all into existence .. e.g. Hebrews 11:3 (or in the case of our souls, He wove us together in the womb .. Psalm 139:13-16). We, therefore, believe that God is the Creator of all things, whereas the LDS teach that He is simply a rearranger of that which already existed. Which is the long way of saying that we DO know where it all came from, yes

Yours and His,
        David

Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap