X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Standard Bible

I recently bought a Christian Standard Bible, as it is supposedly a revision or update of the Holman Christian Standard Bible. After reviewing it for myself and seeing the differences I am greatly disappointed, alarmed, and refuse to recommend it.The Southern Baptist own LifeWay Christian Book Stores. LifeWay owns Holman Publishing. Whom ever is responsible for discontinuing the Holman Christian Standard Bible, and making the changers in the Christian standard Bible is a Liberal Post Modern. The CSB is gender inclusive, and has changed many places that are inexcusable for anyone wanting to accurately translate the Scriptures. When Gods Words says "mankind" changing that to"humankind" is inaccurately translated. When places in Scripture it says "brethren" the CSB says" brother's and sister's". This is but a few examples of why I find the CSB going the way of the NIV and other modern Bibles.

I can not express my great dissatisfaction with those who took a greatbbible, the Holman Christian standard Bible, and revised it to a liberal postmodern gender inclusive distorted Bible.

justme

Originally posted by justme View Post
    I recently bought a Christian Standard Bible, as it is supposedly a revision or update of the Holman Christian Standard Bible. After reviewing it for myself and seeing the differences I am greatly disappointed, alarmed, and refuse to recommend it.The Southern Baptist own LifeWay Christian Book Stores. LifeWay owns Holman Publishing. Whom ever is responsible for discontinuing the Holman Christian Standard Bible, and making the changers in the Christian standard Bible is a Liberal Post Modern. The CSB is gender inclusive, and has changed many places that are inexcusable for anyone wanting to accurately translate the Scriptures. When Gods Words says "mankind" changing that to"humankind" is inaccurately translated. When places in Scripture it says "brethren" the CSB says" brother's and sister's". This is but a few examples of why I find the CSB going the way of the NIV and other modern Bibles.

I can not express my great dissatisfaction with those who took a greatbbible, the Holman Christian standard Bible, and revised it to a liberal postmodern gender inclusive distorted Bible.

justme
    If you're looking for a great bible: The Reformation Study Bible - Christforums

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

William thank you for the information. I have long been a loyal reader of the NASB, and the Holman Christian Standard Bible. However I have about 20 different bibles and its a real task to ask my wife for just one more Bible. She has been very understanding over our almost 48 years of bliss,so I think iI will slowly drop, it maybe time to start giving away some books.

The problem is not many people read books like I do. I see a lot of people read books on their i pad. I underline, make comments, and i ask those who borrow my books to do the same so I can see what they felt was important.

justme
      Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
        Words says "mankind" changing that to"humankind" is inaccurately translated. When places in Scripture it says "brethren" the CSB says" brother's and sister's".
        It is important to translate the Bible accurately but I am not sure there is anything wrong with these examples. "Mankind" and "humankind" both refer to the entire human race so what difference does it make which word is used? The word "brethren" can make it seems as if only men were being addressed. The Greek word for brothers can mean both brothers and sisters so the CSBs translation makes things clearer.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          It is important to translate the Bible accurately but I am not sure there is anything wrong with these examples. "Mankind" and "humankind" both refer to the entire human race so what difference does it make which word is used? The word "brethren" can make it seems as if only men were being addressed. The Greek word for brothers can mean both brothers and sisters so the CSBs translation makes things clearer.
          When the Greek uses the masculine and it changed for me and most conservative theologians that is unacceptable. When a translation says it is accurate word for word (which really can not be totally done) and it uses gender inclusive that is dishonest.

I sincerely doubt the CSB has much of a chance in most SB churches.

justme
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap