Who is the true God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who is the true God?

    Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. [John 8:54]

    No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. [1 John 4:12]

    And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, [John 5:37]

    Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. [Mark 12:32]

    Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. [John 14:10]

    When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions. [Mark 12:34]

    So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. [John 8:28]

    As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”. “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. [Mark 10:17-18]

    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [Matthew 19:17]

    “ which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. [Timothy 6:15-16]

    God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; [Acts 17:24]

    “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. [John 14:28]

    "The most important one," "is this: 'Hear' O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. [Mark 12:29]

    When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. [Acts 4:24-31]

    I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: [Isaiah 45:5]

    Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. [Acts 5:29-30]

    When the Lord made a covenant with the Israelites, he commanded them: “Do not worship any other gods or bow down to them, serve them or sacrifice to them. But the Lord, who brought you up out of Egypt with mighty power and outstretched arm, is the one you must worship. To him you shall bow down and to him offer sacrifices. You must always be careful to keep the decrees and regulations, the laws and commands he wrote for you. Do not worship other gods. Do not forget the covenant I have made with you, and do not worship other gods. Rather, worship the Lord your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.” [2 Kings 17:35-39]

    But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. [John 8:40]

  • #2
    Originally posted by Albert David View Post
    Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. [John 8:54]

    No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. [1 John 4:12]

    And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, [John 5:37]

    Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. [Mark 12:32]

    Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. [John 14:10]

    When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions. [Mark 12:34]

    So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. [John 8:28]

    As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”. “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. [Mark 10:17-18]

    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. [Matthew 19:17]

    “ which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. [Timothy 6:15-16]

    God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; [Acts 17:24]

    “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. [John 14:28]

    "The most important one," "is this: 'Hear' O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. [Mark 12:29]

    When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. [Acts 4:24-31]

    I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: [Isaiah 45:5]

    Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. [Acts 5:29-30]

    When the Lord made a covenant with the Israelites, he commanded them: “Do not worship any other gods or bow down to them, serve them or sacrifice to them. But the Lord, who brought you up out of Egypt with mighty power and outstretched arm, is the one you must worship. To him you shall bow down and to him offer sacrifices. You must always be careful to keep the decrees and regulations, the laws and commands he wrote for you. Do not worship other gods. Do not forget the covenant I have made with you, and do not worship other gods. Rather, worship the Lord your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.” [2 Kings 17:35-39]

    But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. [John 8:40] Religion
    Apparently you have not read the whole Gospel of John (or the rest of the N.T.) nor do you understand the relationship and theology found in the N.T. concerning Jesus and the Father.

    Comment>

    • #3
      Hi Albert David, WELCOME TO CF :)

      I assume, considering your thread title and the verses you put together in a group for us beneath it, that you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God. It that's true, then who and what do you believe Him to be, specifically?

      Thanks!

      Yours and His,
      David


      "Jesus said unto them, verily, verily, I say unto
      you, before Abraham was, I am"

      John 8:58
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

      "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

      "The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

      "The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

      "The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

      • #4
        Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
        It that's true, then who and what do you believe Him to be, specifically?
        Did you notice that all three of his posts contain a link to a Muslim site?
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

        • #5
          Hi Theo, I did not. Thank you for pointing that out to me!

          --David
          Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

          "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

          "The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

          "The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

          "The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
            Hi Theo, I did not. Thank you for pointing that out to me!

            --David
            Moderated those posts, they no longer display a link. All links or site promotion need moderator approval. We do offer advertisement spots here: Advertise on Christforums | Beacon Ads

            God bless,
            William
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap