Was Jesus a Prophet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Jesus a Prophet?

Was Jesus a Prophet? “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. [Matthew 12:18] Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. [Acts 4:27-28] The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. [Acts 3:13] The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. [Deuteronomy 18:15, 18] And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people. [Luke 7:16] And he said to them, “What things?” And they said to him, “Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, a man who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people. [Luke 24:19] “and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’ [Acts 3:20-23]

Originally posted by Albert David View Post
    Was Jesus a Prophet? “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. [Matthew 12:18] Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. [Acts 4:27-28] The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. [Acts 3:13] The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. [Deuteronomy 18:15, 18] And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people. [Luke 7:16] And he said to them, “What things?” And they said to him, “Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, a man who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people. [Luke 24:19] “and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’ [Acts 3:20-23] Religion
    Was Jesus a prophet? Yes, but he was so much more than simply a prophet and the N.T. authors make that clear.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
      Was Jesus a prophet? Yes, but he was so much more than simply a prophet and the N.T. authors make that clear.
      I think some are very limited in knowledge and understanding. Take for example the people of Samaria that only had the Pentateuch, the woman at the well said, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.” Of course there were discrepancies, between the people of Samaria and what they understood and what the Jews understood from a completed canon. For this reason, I believe Jesus said, 22 "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him".

I can only imagine some are at a great disadvantage when they address our God, not knowing fully what has been revealed to us. For example, interpreting the Holy Scriptures through the lens of the Koran.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

This is what I know, Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. According to John 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap