Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

Did God create evil?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
    The 1,000 reign of Christ will Not be eternal life in heaven. Those who are Raptured will have glorified bodies. But those who manage to survive the tribulation period will still be around for the 1,000 earthly reign of Christ. They will be growing up and having families.
    The gospel now preached is for all:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Mt.24:14

There's no more getting saved after the end.

When Jesus Christ was here growing up from babyhood -- there were those who accepted who He was and those who Didn't. Even though He was living amongst us. Even though He was 'presently' dying on the cross and rising bodily from the dead. People Still didn't recognize Him and some Did. Sounds like the same thing will be happening when He returns as King Jesus.
    Jesus' description of His 2nd coming doesn't sound like that. The gospel will have been preached to all and all will be judged at His return:

"And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats." Mt.25:32

People will Still either accept or reject Him.
    No they won't:

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 2 Thes.1:7-9

People Then Won't be able to say 'the devil made me do it' because his influence will be cut off.
    ​​​​​​The binding and loosing of satan has to do with the gospel going forth and then something happening where the gospel is severely attacked.

Jesus will be returning as the Son of God -- Not as God, Himself. God Himself will be bringing the New Jerusalem down from heaven for born-again believers to live in. It will be a Genuine -- Heaven on Earth. The book of Revelation gives us a glimpse of what Will be.
    The New Jerusalem is the believers.

Comment>

journeyman -- I'm going to bow out of this particular conversation with you. I Think what you are doing is 'cherry-picking' passages to suit what you want to believe -- maybe it's what's called spiritualizing Scripture -- whatever it is -- I'll simply agree to disagree with you.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
        journeyman -- I'm going to bow out of this particular conversation with you. I Think what you are doing is 'cherry-picking' passages to suit what you want to believe -- maybe it's what's called spiritualizing Scripture -- whatever it is -- I'll simply agree to disagree with you.
        They're the best cherries I've ever eaten.
        Last edited by journeyman; 10-11-2017, 05:06 AM. Reason: grammar
        Comment>

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
          Jesus' description of His 2nd coming doesn't sound like that. The gospel will have been preached to all and all will be judged at His return:

"And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats." Mt.25:32
          In this judgment the sheep are those who were saved during the tribulation and are still alive when it ends. The Millennium will begin with a population that is all saved, but children will be born and they will need to be saved.

​​​​​​The binding and loosing of satan has to do with the gospel going forth and then something happening where the gospel is severely attacked.
          The binding and loosing of Satan is intended to show that humans are inherently evil. Unsaved people born during the Millennium won't be able to express their sinful natures because Christ will be ruling but when they have the opportunity they will rebel and follow Satan.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Does it make sense that 1000 years after Jesus returns, unbelievers will say, "Let's kill those immortal saints." ???
            Satan will be released and they will believe his lies. They will believe they can win a war against the saints.

Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
              In this judgment the sheep are those who were saved during the tribulation and are still alive when it ends. The Millennium will begin with a population that is all saved, but children will be born and they will need to be saved.
              Brother, at this judgment, Jesus says:

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come,ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Mt.25:34

Thus is clearly the Kingdom of God and to inherit His Kingdom the saved must be transformed:

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."
              1 Cor.15:50

It won't be possible for immortal saved people to produce mortal unsaved people.

Originally posted by theophilus
              The binding and loosing of Satan is intended to show that humans are inherently evil. Unsaved people born during the Millennium won't be able to express their sinful natures because Christ will be ruling but when they have the opportunity they will rebel and follow Satan.
              In speaking of satan, Jesus said:

"Or else how can one enter into a strong man's (satans') house, and spoil his (satans') goods, except he first bind (satan) the strong man? and then he will spoil his (satans') house." Mt.12:29

theophilus, the problem is not seeing the figures. Where is satan bound?

And cast him into the bottomless pit..." Rev.20:3

Where does the beast come from?

"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit..." Rev.11:7

The beast doesn't come from a hole in the ground. He comes from this world. John is simply saying satan is bound in this world.
              Last edited by journeyman; 10-11-2017, 12:22 PM. Reason: quote mark
              Comment>

Satan will be released and they will believe his lies. They will believe they can win a war against the saints.
                I'm sure satans' loosing is equal to the beast either distorting or banning the Bible and horrible persecution against the followers of Jesus.

Comment>

I'm sure satans' loosing is equal to the beast either distorting or banning the Bible and horrible persecution against the followers of Jesus.
                  The persecution inflicted by the Beast will take place before Satan is bound in the first place.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog
                  Comment>

The persecution inflicted by the Beast will take place before Satan is bound in the first place.
                    Well brother that's really the problem with understanding the "revelation" of Jesus Christ. He will come again to this earth, but His revelation, His being made known has been seen by believers throughout the scriptures.

People are reluctant to believe satan is bound by Christ and all evil is defeated by faith in Him.

"And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth." Rev.18:24

People just don't want to believe this symbol of evil has always existed in this world in some form and the beast is no different, of course the evil is culminated at the end as it was during the flood.

The point is, disbelief in God doesn't mean God isn't reigning and those who reject the reign of Jesus do so because they don't really want a Messiah who reigned over all evil by suffering with followers who reign with Him the same way.
                    Last edited by journeyman; 10-12-2017, 09:51 AM. Reason: typo
                    Comment>

Brother, at this judgment, Jesus says:

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come,ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Mt.25:34

Thus is clearly the Kingdom of God and to inherit His Kingdom the saved must be transformed:

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."
                      1 Cor.15:50

It won't be possible for immortal saved people to produce mortal unsaved people.

In speaking of satan, Jesus said:

"Or else how can one enter into a strong man's (satans') house, and spoil his (satans') goods, except he first bind (satan) the strong man? and then he will spoil his (satans') house." Mt.12:29

theophilus, the problem is not seeing the figures. Where is satan bound?

And cast him into the bottomless pit..." Rev.20:3

Where does the beast come from?

"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit..." Rev.11:7

The beast doesn't come from a hole in the ground. He comes from this world. John is simply saying satan is bound in this world.

Realizing my post is somewhat out of order in the conversation, I wanted to add something --- clarify -- Rev. 20: 3 -- An angel is casting satan into the Abyss -- he is locked and sealed in that Abyss.

There's no mention of a beast in that passage.

You're referring Back to chapter 11 - - we aren't told who the beast is -- simply that he had been in the Abyss and will be coming back up and attacking, overpower and kill 'them'. This world is Not the Abyss.
                      Comment>

Okay folks!

The OP asked a simple question. Did God create evil? The topic is not spiritual vs literal meaning, who sinned\was deceived, etc. Please feel free to created new threads on any topic you like but let's get back to this topic. Thank you.
                        Last edited by Origen; 10-12-2017, 11:11 AM.
                        Comment>

R
                          Originally posted by Origen View Post
                          Okay folks!

The OP asked a simple question. Did God create evil? The topic is not spiritual vs literal meaning, who sinned\was deceived, etc. Please feel free to created new threads on any topic you like but let's get back to this topic. Thank you.
                          Sorry Origen for going off off on a tangent. Other than God "creating" evil only in the sense of having defined it and agreeing with anyone who has already posted passages where "evil" is obviously "calamity" (or what the unsaved see as bad), I have nothing to add.
                          Comment>

RSorry Origen for going off off on a tangent. Other than God "creating" evil only in the sense of having defined it and agreeing with anyone who has already posted passages where "evil" is obviously "calamity" (or what the unsaved see as bad), I have nothing to add.
                            No problem. It happens all the time. One thing really does lead to another and that makes it difficult to stay on topic.

Comment>

It's clear to me that light cannot be said to be a physical thing that can be said to have a physical existence in this physical universe that we find ourselves in. As I said earlier, the word darkness is simply a symbolic representation of a particular concept, the concept of a state of existence that is absent of light. Darkness itself is nothing; it is absolutely nothing at all in reality. The only reason the concept exists in the first place is because we needed a word to represent the condition of a state of existence which is absent of something which actually does exist, namely light. If light never existed, the idea of darkness would probably never have been contemplated. Indeed, if there was only light, the idea or concept of darkness would also never likely be contemplated or thought of. The only reason we can think of darkness is because light and the absence of light cannot occupy the same space. Indeed, how could it. How could something and nothing occupy the same space? If light occupied all spaces, darkness would not exist. Because God did not create light to occupy all spaces, darkness naturally exists, but only as a concept, because what darkness is is actually nothing. I see evil in the same way. God is good. The absence of god is evil. Where there is no God, there is only evil. God did not create evil, but the lack of God is pure evil.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap