Is it possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

Apparently, there is a church out there looking to do a paradigm shift on baptism to increase membership. Is this even possible?
    THE Kirk is set to introduce online baptism for the first time as the clergy seeks new ways to address the needs of worshippers in a digital age.

God intended for members of the church to meet together to have fellowship and help each other meet their needs. Perhaps online fellowship is a good way to supplement their gathering together but it can't serve as a substitute for it. The article began with this statement:

THE Kirk is set to introduce online baptism for the first time as the clergy seeks new ways to address the needs of worshippers in a digital age.
    One thing worshippers in a digital age need is to learn that digital contact isn't enough; they need face to face contact with other believers. The church might gain members with online baptism but will these new members be genuine Christians?
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

According to the Daily Mail (OK, not the most reliable of sources) "Online baptisms are popular in America, with the service read over the phone or using Skype"
      Church of Scotland plans online ceremonies which could see babies baptised on Skype | Daily Mail Online
      Comment>

Here is an article on the subject of internet baptism. It contains links to two videos of online baptisms being carried out.

Is Online Baptism “Real Baptism?” | Christian Media 2.0
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

If I must be honest, I don't consider online baptism "legit." While sure if someone believes that their [online] baptism is real then it's fine because it's the faith that does matter. IMHO I think if someone wants to be baptized and they've made that decision then they should be baptized [offline] in the presence of witnesses. It's these witnesses who'll remind them that they are God's children when they err.
          Comment>

It depends on our understanding about baptism. Online baptism is not allowed in our societies because it is against the Bible. The Bible is clear when talking about baptism which includes how to do it. I think that online baptism is an idea that came from one person and is never supported globally. The devil is trying to mislead us so that we can derail from the truth. We have to be prayerful so that we can avoid such temptations.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap