Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Why the world has still not been evangelized

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the world has still not been evangelized

From the beginning of the church until the end, it was supposed to be thus and so:

The baptism with the Holy Spirit (with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues)
    was to be a pre-requisite for being chosen to be a part of the 5-fold ministry …
    Ephesians 4:11 -- apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher.

This baptism also was (more than generally) a pre-requisite for receiving
    one or more of the 9 spiritual power gifts listed in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11.

All of the above was how God used the early church to successfully evangelize
    wherever they went (as described in the Book of Acts).

If God’s method (the truth of the gospel being confirmed by signs and wonders)
    had been utilized, the whole world would have been converted many years ago!
    Notwithstanding the considerable negative disruptions of Satan and his demons.

However, men who desired to be church leaders (but who were not chosen by God)
    got in the way of God’s perfect will … yes, Martha, God did not kill them off.
    And we won’t get into all of the many reasons why they sh_t-canned God’s will.
    Too embarrassing! … And so ths was the beginning of the RCC and EOC.
    The RCC’s primary focus has always been on the crucifixion of Christ.
    The EOC’s primary focus has always been on the resurrection of Christ.
    And I have been told that this is the main reason why they split.

A quick explanation of the 4 different Christian baptisms:
    Baptism into the church (salvation); the Holy Spirit is the baptizer
    ---- 7 verses say the Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer)

Baptism in water (symbolic demonstration of faith); man is the baptizer
    Baptism with the Holy Spirit (mostly power for ministry); Jesus is the baptizer
    ---- 7 verses say that for this baptism the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer)

Baptism with fire (extreme suffering for the gospel’s sake); Jesus is the baptizer

Well, the history you were told about the RCC and the EOC isn't correct actually.

They did not split over their respective emphases. They split on political lines over authority. The split was actually a personal one between two Bishops who presonally excommunicated each other (not the rest of each half). This is not the first time the two halves split. another example was over what is called the "filioque" where a Latin local council inserted that the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father "and the Son." One of the Orthodox Patriarchs took polemic issue with this and used it to wage a political war against the Pope of the Latin Church, claiming they had no right to insert such a clause into the Creed even though the EO had inserted a very similar clause in a local council themselves at one point. Eventually it all blew over and they reunited. Everyone expected this time would be no different, and the two would mend their differences. But it didn't happen. The big issue right now for the Orthodox is that the Catholic Church went on to proclaim Dogma's without their participation in councils, and so because the EO did not participate, they refuse to accept theses decisions by the Catholic Church. It is quite political.
    Comment>

Hi Therese, thanks for the history lesson.

I've had experience with the EEO in Eastern Europe where I was called to evangelize.
      Now, I'm evangelizing you guys! lol
      They exhibited quite a lot of hatred for the evangelicals,
      which Jesus sent after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1990.

Why would Jesus send so many evangelicals to Eastern Europe at that time
      ... if the EEO was doing such a great job?

Again, I hope that no offence is taken.
      Comment>

Even though it's not the case in the "west", global Christianity is growing. For example, China will soon pass the US in the number of professed Christians. South Korea has more Presbyterians than the USA has. In coming years, millions of India's population will convert to Christianity. Someone is evangelizing. Christianity is now thriving in Russia, after years of being oppressed by Democrats, uh, I mean, Communists.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
          Hi Therese, thanks for the history lesson.

I've had experience with the EEO in Eastern Europe where I was called to evangelize.
          Now, I'm evangelizing you guys! lol
          They exhibited quite a lot of hatred for the evangelicals,
          which Jesus sent after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1990.

Why would Jesus send so many evangelicals to Eastern Europe at that time
          ... if the EEO was doing such a great job?

Again, I hope that no offence is taken.

You are asking a loaded question my friend.
          Comment>

One Hope is going like gangbusters at reaching the lost around the world.
            I meet with someone who works there to get periodic updates on their progress towards their stated goal of reaching every child in the world with the Gospel. (A really cool goal)

Technology is opening doors of communication that were not available before.
            Ultimately, only time will tell what fruit this effort bears, but hope is still alive.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap