Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Praying to Mary is an attack on the Trinity

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matto View Post

For Catholics it's as plain as day. Surely there's other traditions that see it in scripture?
    Those who follow tradition often see a lot of things in scripture that aren't really there. If you see it just where do you see it?
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Comment

That's why the Israelites made petitions before the Throne of God, that's why Catholics do the same.
      Thus was already addressed in post #17.

Last edited by Faber; 01-30-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

Those who follow tradition often see a lot of things in scripture that aren't really there. If you see it just where do you see it?
        Who can tell if someone is seeing deeply into scripture or seeing too much into scripture?

Comment

Who can tell if someone is seeing deeply into scripture or seeing too much into scripture?
          If anyone ascribes omniscience to any creature then they have crossed the line into heresy.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

If anyone ascribes omniscience to any creature then they have crossed the line into heresy.
            So do you think those in eternity are ignorant and don't share in the Divine nature?

Eternity is a timeless state, your contention that no one can hear 50 million prayer requests is not the reality of eternity. Heaven is God, and the soul unites perfectly with Eternal God, that's why we share in the Divine Nature.
            CS Lewis points out the error of ascribing time to the Eternal state.

"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known" 1 Corinthians 13:12

Comment

So do you think those in eternity are ignorant and don't share in the Divine nature?
              See post #8.

Comment

your contention that no one can hear 50 million prayer requests is not the reality of eternity.
                It is both the reality of eternity and the Bible.

Can anyone other than God be omniscient?

Comment

You haven't answered my question. Where in the Bible do you see Mary described as the Ark of the Covenant? There are many who see more in the Bible than I do, but they can tell me what they see and often their explanation enables me to see it too.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog

Comment

I think Mary was special. Blessed among women. But, she did not die a virgin, and she needed the salvation of Christ. She new that the moment she was informed of the child inside her.
                    Luke 1:46-48 NIV
                    And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord

[47] and my spirit rejoices in GOD "MY SAVIOR" ,

[48] for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed,

MY SAVIOR, not the world savior, although he was that also. Mary knew she needed a savior.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

RC's will say she was saved in the sense that God prevented her from sinning so He is her Savior.

Comment

Praying to Mary or any of the dead saints comes under the heading of familiar spirits. It is considered witchcraft.

Comment

"MY SAVIOR, not the world savior, although he was that also. Mary knew she needed a savior."

God was her saviour before Jesus died on the Cross, but only because of Christ's work on the Cross. She was preredeemed, that is why we say she was saved before she could sin.

Comment

"(26) In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
                            (27) and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. (NASB)"

And Holy Mary is the Spouse of The Holy Spirit, in complete mystical unity with The Holy Spirit such that Incarnate God took flesh from Her flesh.
                            The Incarnation could not have happened if Mary had any part with sin, to assign sin to her is to assign sin to The Holy Spirit.
                            It is roundly fatal to attack or show irreverence to the Ark of the Covenant, I don't care how saved people think they are, God defends His Throne with great fury because the Shekinah Glory, The Holy Spirit is completely United to it, it is therefore Holy. The Israelites believed in God but it didn't spare them when they irrevenced the Ark.

I know you are Protestants and everything, but out of Love I ask you all to allow space not to make hard judgments here, not with this sacred theology.

It was through the Ark of the Covenant surrounded by the Apostles in the upper room that The Holy Spirit descended at Pentecost. The great manifest blessing of the Incarnation and Pentecost came to us through the Ark of the Covenant, Spouse of The Holy Spirit, Mary.

I am reluctant to raise this sacred theology lest some harden their hearts to God's Holy Throne and assign impurity to it.
                            If it is no given for you to believe or understand it, it is better to leave it a mystery.

Comment

And Holy Mary is the Spouse of The Holy Spirit, in complete mystical unity with The Holy Spirit such that Incarnate God took flesh from Her flesh.
                              The Incarnation could not have happened if Mary had any part with sin, to assign sin to her is to assign sin to The Holy Spirit.
                              Where does the Bible say that Mary was the spouse of the Holy Spirit? Since Mary was born of sinful human parents how could she be without sin?
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                                Where does the Bible say that Mary was the spouse of the Holy Spirit? Since Mary was born of sinful human parents how could she be without sin?
                                The Ark of the Old Covenant was created by men under the exacting instruction of God, it had to be completely pure in every way. Even the materials used in its construction had to be paid for in unblemished Passover Lamb skins.

The Ark was created for the purpose of manifesting God on earth to dwell in a Holy sanctuary with His people.

Exod 25:8-9 "And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them. According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it."

The Ark of the New Covenant was created by God Himself to be His sanctuary at the Incarnation. By a singular grace, Mary was conceived without sin to be The Ark of the New Covenant so that God could dwell among us.

From the moment Mary was conceived she had what we call an ineffable union with The Holy Spirit. She was created to be the sanctuary, she was saved by God to be the Sanctuary. We see in scripture that Mary calls God her Saviour long before Jesus died on the Cross. The Almighty has done great things for me.

Mary is the created Immaculate conception. The Holy Spirit is The Uncreated Eternal Immaculate Conception
                                who is conceived from the love that flows eternally between the Father and the Son, a love so perfect that it is personified.
                                Mary was conceived for the unique Spousal unity with The Holy Spirit so that The Eternal Uncreated God could dwell among us.

Through The Ark of the New Covenant we received Jesus, through The Ark of the New Covenant we received The Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Great blessings have come to mankind through Mary, and Her Spousal Union with The Holy Spirit The Lord God Giver of Life.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Articles - News - SiteMap