Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Jen Hatmaker apparently thinks feelings trump biblical truth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jen Hatmaker apparently thinks feelings trump biblical truth

Dear Christians, it doesn’t matter how you feel. It matters what the Bible says. – TheBlaze

What do you think, is she simply mislead or does she go so far as to be heretical in her beliefs?

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
    Dear Christians, it doesn’t matter how you feel. It matters what the Bible says. – TheBlaze

What do you think, is she simply mislead or does she go so far as to be heretical in her beliefs?
    I think Matt Walsh wrote a good piece. Doesn't matter whether she herself is mislead, she is misleading others now by being vocal about her unorthodox beliefs.

God bless,
    William

Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post

Our total being, if we were chosen to be in Christ before the foundation of the world...Ephesians 1: 4...is a work of God, and our feelings, we will find, change with the word of God being placed within our innermost being by the power of the Holy Spirit. Feelings were given to us by God, but as the writer above says, the bottom line is, does it conform with the word of God, does the Spirit convict us of the truth from the word as He said He will do. John 14: 26
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

I think Matt Walsh wrote a good piece. Doesn't matter whether she herself is mislead, she is misleading others now by being vocal about her unorthodox beliefs.

God bless,
        William

Of you are in Christ, then you are to hear what is said with eagerness, then search the Scriptures to see if what has been said is true or false. Acts 17: 11
        Comment>

Originally posted by James Wilbur View Post

Of you are in Christ, then you are to hear what is said with eagerness, then search the Scriptures to see if what has been said is true or false. Acts 17: 11
          Hello James,

Care to elaborate, James? What do you mean by "hear what is said with eagerness", do you think Jen Hatmaker's "teaching" is consistent with Scripture?

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

No she is not according to Scripture correct on most of her comments, but as I said, and you had to read her writing to comment on it; you read it and then according to the Scripture. We cannot comment on anything unless we know what is being said. I only suggested from Scripture that we are to understand what is being said at any given time then search the Scripture to see if what has been said is true or not, in this case I say it is not according to the Scripture, but 180 degrees opposite. I am speaking to the everyday believer who, and it is sad to say, do not read the Scripture as they should, if they do not search the word of God to see if anything they hear is true or not, then they run the risk of being led astray...
            Comment>

Originally posted by James Wilbur View Post
              No she is not according to Scripture correct on most of her comments, but as I said, and you had to read her writing to comment on it; you read it and then according to the Scripture. We cannot comment on anything unless we know what is being said. I only suggested from Scripture that we are to understand what is being said at any given time then search the Scripture to see if what has been said is true or not, in this case I say it is not according to the Scripture, but 180 degrees opposite. I am speaking to the everyday believer who, and it is sad to say, do not read the Scripture as they should, if they do not search the word of God to see if anything they hear is true or not, then they run the risk of being led astray...
              Couldn't agree more, James. Thanks for the clarification, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page as there is a difference between accepting "them" (a false teacher) and the "word". If more people do what you are suggesting from Scripture, I am convinced Christendom would have a new face lift. It saddens me when I flip through the television stations and see what passes off as Christian teaching today.

For example:
              • Deuteronomy 13:1-4 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him.
              • Deuteronomy 18:21-22 And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.
              • 1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
              • 2 John 1:10-11 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
              • Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

By no means am I implying the above references are comprehensive in listing, many more are given us so that we may know how to address a false teacher. As far as Jen's teaching, I would have to "pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ" (Jude 1:1-25) to agree with her.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap