Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

The Beast Starts to Take Form

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beast Starts to Take Form

Anyone heard of ID2020? Has it been posted here somewhere else? This of course comes in as an almost humanitarian approach to get everyone a digital ID, or a number. This is incredible news. So much is happening on the world front right now and I heard someone from End Times Ministries, it wasn't Baxter, say how this kind of flew under the radar for him. That is news, seeing he is all about prophecy. I found an article somewhere last week where they actually said the population was going to be numbered. Imagine that. But this numbering of people is a major sign that has to happen before our LORD comes. This system will be touted as the way to end the black market, sex trades, immigration, drugs, etc, The second link is a digital currency site of some sort. That's no more cash. The big technology companies are here. Big money.
    Revelation 13; Aramaic Bible Plain English (just because)
    16And it will cause all, small and great, rich and poor, Masters and Servants, to be given a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17That no one may buy or sell again except one who has on him the mark of the name of The Beast or the number of its name. 18Here is wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man -- six hundred and sixty six.

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/id2020-held-at-the-united-nations-features-lots-and-lots-of-blockchain

Did this post load right?
    Comment>

Shows up fine for me.
      Comment>

Definitely definitely in the season...
        Comment>

I see and hear various persons making various predictions about the mark of the beast etc. Some seem to try to equate technological advancements as appearances of the mark of the beast there have been methods to document the number of persons that exist in the various locales from the beginning of time and people has forever been wary of technological advancements. Many new developments have sparked some sort of suspicion at the onset. I am aware that prophecy will be fulfilled but I don't subscribe to people playing the guessing game to alarm others.
          Comment>

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
            I am aware that prophecy will be fulfilled but I don't subscribe to people playing the guessing game to alarm others.
            I agree completely with this attitude. Is God, who speaks creation into existence, really unable to meet the needs of and protect HIS people through any circumstances? My money is on God, not "the world".

With respect to having the 'mark' on their hands or foreheads, none of the alarmists ever really point out that getting an easy to scan ID chip in your forehead just doesn't make sense. Can you really imagine anyone who would choose to place their head against the chip reader at Walmart to pay for their groceries? Or asking the cashier to scan their forehead because they didn't get a chip in their hand to place on the pad.

Rather than being about technology, I found the most compelling argument that the hand represents what we do and the forehead represents what we think. If that is the meaning of Revelation 13:16-18 then it is a warning of a day, not too different than today, where the world will demand that you think and act like the world in order to earn a living ... or suffer for your Christian stand.

Like an Oregon Baker driven into bankruptcy for refusing to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding.
            Like an Obstartrician that wants to refuse to offer abortions.
            Like a Teacher in a university that wanted to teach Creationism.

Hand and Forehead ... Do what the world does and think what the world thinks or be prepared to expelled from the 'marketplace' for your 'intolerance and hatred'.

John 16:33 [NIV] “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome theworld.”

Comment>

That's a very interesting take on the matter, atpollard . It does make sense (and it also makes more sense of the extreme "political correctness" we see today). At the same time, I've always been taught that it would be a mark.

I have to admit, I don't like the sound of having a chip implanted. It definitely gave me pause. I too questioned whether or not something like this would be the mark.
              Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
                I have to admit, I don't like the sound of having a chip implanted. It definitely gave me pause. I too questioned whether or not something like this would be the mark.
                It is possible that the Beast will use a chip to apply the mark but that doesn't mean that have such a chip implanted in you now will mean you are taking the mark.

666 and RFID chips | clydeherrin
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the link. Good read.

I can see something like this being used by the beast though, so why make it any easier for him? ha ha. I see why people are afraid of it.

I think it will be used for evil by governments (even if not yet by the beast). It's way too intrusive, so I don't like anything about it. Relating it to the mark just made it even less appealing.
                  Comment>

If my country will have a system like this, I will immigrate somewhere else as soon as possible. I do not want a microchip to be inserted inside my body. With everything going on, I won't be shocked if the end is near. Lord have mercy for humanity! I have a feeling that a western country like the US is most likely to implement this. I think this technology had been existing since the 90's. During the 90's there was a credit card in form of a chip being inserted in the shoulder.

I do not like the idea of a national ID system where invasive chips will be inserted on our bodies. I don't even have piercings and Jewelry.

@thisnthat I also don't like that idea too. I don't want to forced to have something surgically inserted on me against my will.

Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap