Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

False Prophets and Teachers

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False Prophets and Teachers

Scripture often warns against false prophets and false teachers for the simple reason that God's own people can be deceived (Ezekiel 34:1-7; Matthew 7:15-16; 24:4-11). Therefore, the Bible exhorts believers to test those who claim to be prophets (see I John 4:1-3).

How can believers recognize a false prophet? Here are some key considerations:

- False prophets make predictions that aren't fulfilled (Deuteronomy 18:21-22).

- False prophets sometimes entice people to follow false gods or idols (see Exodus 20:3-4; Deuteronomy 13:1-3).

- False prophets often deny the humanity of Jesus Christ (I John 4:1-2).

- False prophets sometimes advocate legalism, such as abstaining from certain foods for spiritual reasons (I Timothy 4:3-4).

- False prophets often encourage asceticism (Colossians 2:16-23).

- False prophets sometimes teach that marriage is bad (I Timothy 4:3).

- False prophets often promote various forms of immorality (Jude 4-7).

If a so-called prophet says anything that clearly contradicts any part of God's Word, his teachings should be rejected. The Word of God is our barometer of truth--a litmus test that exposes error.

Pearl of Wisdom: We ought to follow the example of the Bereans by comparing all truth claims with Scripture (Acts 17:11; I Thessalonians 5:21).

A teenage Mormon missionary visiting my country, to pedal & peddle their falsehoods, became tearful when I informed him that Joseph Smith, the founder of his false cult, was a false prophet.

"How can you say that? " he cried in great distress. He and his accomplice went on to boldly state that within three years the entire population of our city of 150,000 would be converted to Mormonism.

That, of course did not happen and in fact their college has closed down due to lack of enrolments.

Comment>

Why are so many Christians afraid to name these false teachers? I am more than willing to name a few. However one thing that most all of these "soul sucking, money grabbing greedy fake, self proclaimed teacher / preachers" all have in common is they are all enormously, extremely, wealthy and live in houses that cost in the millions of dollars.

Take Joyce Myers who has a jet airplane, several multi-million dollar houses, and lives a lifestyle above most any of her attendees at her conferences.

Joel Osteen is the pastor along with his wife of the United States largest church, he and his co-pastor wife live in a huge multi-million dollar house with elevators between floors, he says he takes no salary and lives on his book sales. Opra is a frequent guest at his church in Texas

Benny Hinn is perhaps the biggest known "faith healer" in the Word of Faith movement. Many have had their faith ship wrecked by hoping and praying they would be selected to be touched by and healed by Hinn. Hinn has been exposed by a national broadcaster a few years ago. They found Hinn uses plants to pretend their so called "healing". Hin is a fake, false WOF teacher / preacher. Yet Hinn continues to draw millions of people seeking healing all over the world, in Africa Hinn has destroyed the faith of many who believed Hinn had the Holy Spirits power to heal their physical problems. How does Hinn continue to draw crowds in the United States, when he has been proven to be a fake?

Others like Kenneth Copeland, Fred Price, Joseph Prince, Capps, Savelle and recently died Paul and Jan Crouch are all false teachers. These are only a few names, I am sure there are many more that could be listed, and perhaps ou want to add to this shameful list of those who destroy the faith of weak Christians.

I am more that willing to have anyone challenge my list as long as its done with respect. Gold bless.

justme
      Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
        Why are so many Christians afraid to name these false teachers? I am more than willing to name a few. However one thing that most all of these "soul sucking, money grabbing greedy fake, self proclaimed teacher / preachers" all have in common is they are all enormously, extremely, wealthy and live in houses that cost in the millions of dollars.

Take Joyce Myers who has a jet airplane, several multi-million dollar houses, and lives a lifestyle above most any of her attendees at her conferences.

Joel Osteen is the pastor along with his wife of the United States largest church, he and his co-pastor wife live in a huge multi-million dollar house with elevators between floors, he says he takes no salary and lives on his book sales. Opra is a frequent guest at his church in Texas

Benny Hinn is perhaps the biggest known "faith healer" in the Word of Faith movement. Many have had their faith ship wrecked by hoping and praying they would be selected to be touched by and healed by Hinn. Hinn has been exposed by a national broadcaster a few years ago. They found Hinn uses plants to pretend their so called "healing". Hin is a fake, false WOF teacher / preacher. Yet Hinn continues to draw millions of people seeking healing all over the world, in Africa Hinn has destroyed the faith of many who believed Hinn had the Holy Spirits power to heal their physical problems. How does Hinn continue to draw crowds in the United States, when he has been proven to be a fake?

Others like Kenneth Copeland, Fred Price, Joseph Prince, Capps, Savelle and recently died Paul and Jan Crouch are all false teachers. These are only a few names, I am sure there are many more that could be listed, and perhaps ou want to add to this shameful list of those who destroy the faith of weak Christians.

I am more that willing to have anyone challenge my list as long as its done with respect. Gold bless.

justme
        Unfotunately these people are considered role models by those they seduce - add Todd Bentley to the list. Sheer Babylon!
        Comment>

Originally posted by Placable37 View Post
          Unfotunately these people are considered role models by those they seduce - add Todd Bentley to the list. Sheer Babylon!
          Shai Linne, a Reformed rap artist has no reservations about naming a list of false teachers:

Comment>

Where our church is there are several WOF churches. They have openly in their services made untrue statements that have disturbed some older and younger people in the area, by what we have heard. Our pastor in a morning Worship service stated how we were being pointed out as a problem for the WOF churches. The WOF churches have a very large food pantry so they are able to do harm for baptist churches. Our pastor used Scripture to warn people of the deceptive actions going on. Our pastor is kind, respectful but is open to confront lies and un-Biblical behavior.

justme
            Comment>

False teachers thrive in the history of the church when the people are not familiar with the Scriptures and don't know what they believe or why they believe.Then they become prey for any fraud and charlatan that throws around a little Scripture, never investigating if these things be true or not.
              Comment>

With Osteen co-pastor wife should be the first red flag to anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Scripture.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                  With Osteen co-pastor wife should be the first red flag to anyone with even a cursory knowledge of Scripture.
                  I remember spewing out my morning coffee when listening to her say this:

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

God bless,
                    William
                    That is literally one the dumbest thing I ever heard.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
                      That is literally one the dumbest thing I ever heard.
                      You haven't listened to her husband much have you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	53295

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

You haven't listened to her husband much have you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	53295

God bless,
                        William
                        lol

Comment>

You just can't make this stuff up.It boggles the mind.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post

justme
                            Todd white, Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes, pretty much anyone on the TBN chanles. And that hillsong nonsense.
                            Comment>

God bless,
                              William
                              "God takes pleasure when you're happy" - so she's saying that anything that makes you happy is good for God... So if you enjoy hurting others, go ahead if it makes you happy? Lust, adultery, if it feels good and makes you happy, it makes God happy... Stealing is OK and gives God pleasure as long as it makes you happy...?

My brain broke.

Is this woman Christian, because this sounds much more like Law of Attraction/New Age beliefs to me?
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap