Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

How many Resurrections in Revelation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Resurrections in Revelation?

This is a simple question that can be discussed by every group, no matter their Eschatology.

God bless.

I may be a little rusty with my revelation, but if I remember correctly, ALL the dead would be risen to be judged for the final time, and would be led to either the promised land or a plane of despair. This is the final judgment for everyone who sinned, the retribution for the people who had hard times, and a new beginning for those who lived a good life helping others. So that's the answer, but I haven't really read the Revelations in years, so I may be thinking of other things.
    Comment>

Originally posted by OursIsTheFury View Post
      I may be a little rusty with my revelation, but if I remember correctly, ALL the dead would be risen to be judged for the final time, and would be led to either the promised land or a plane of despair. This is the final judgment for everyone who sinned, the retribution for the people who had hard times, and a new beginning for those who lived a good life helping others. So that's the answer, but I haven't really read the Revelations in years, so I may be thinking of other things.

Then you are saying one resurrection in Revelation?

God bless.
      Comment>

There are three resurrections. Two of them are found in chapter 20.
        Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
        (Revelation 20:4-5 ESV)
        Chapter 11 tells of the resurrection of the two witnesses who were killed and left in the street.
        And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that rises from the bottomless pit will make war on them and conquer them and kill them, and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from the peoples and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and refuse to let them be placed in a tomb, and those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and make merry and exchange presents, because these two prophets had been a torment to those who dwell on the earth. But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.
        (Revelation 11:7-11 ESV)
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          There are three resurrections. Two of them are found in chapter 20.
          Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
          (Revelation 20:4-5 ESV)
          Chapter 11 tells of the resurrection of the two witnesses who were killed and left in the street.
          And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that rises from the bottomless pit will make war on them and conquer them and kill them, and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from the peoples and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and refuse to let them be placed in a tomb, and those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and make merry and exchange presents, because these two prophets had been a torment to those who dwell on the earth. But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.
          (Revelation 11:7-11 ESV)
          I am in agreement with this count, though some might consider a resurrection for Antichrist, depending on how they interpret the mortal wound as to whether it does bring death or not.

Anyone else?

God bless.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap