Godliness is founded on truth. A test of truth is its power to promote holiness according to our Savior's rule, "By their fruits ye shall know them" (Matthew 7:20). No opinion can be more pernicious or more absurd than that which brings truth and falsehood upon the same level. On the contrary, there is an inseparable connection between faith and practice, truth and duty; otherwise it would be of no consequence either to discover truth or to embrace it. While under the conviction of the above principle, it is necessary to make effective provision that all who are admitted as teachers be sound in the faith, there are truths and forms with respect to which men of good character and principles may differ. In all these it is the duty both of private Christians and societies to exercise mutual forbearance toward each other." Above all, operate with Paul's command, "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love" (Ephesians 4:2) well in mind.
First and foremost this is a Christian Site Your freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently & respectfully within the parameters of the rules. You have NO unspoken right to speak in any manner that mocks Christ, Christian beliefs, or in terms offensively describing our Lord God. Luke 6:31 applies on the board at all times.
Moderators are responsible to enforce the rules laid down by the Administration, and to ensure that violations are dealt with quickly and efficiently. Violations that occur when a Mod is not present should be documented fully, and relayed to a Mod or William at the earliest opportunity.
Moderators are here on a purely voluntary basis, and receive no compensation for their supervision. Arguing, commenting, discussing or questioning the Moderators and/or Administrators will not be tolerated.
Rules becoming of a Christian:
1. All talk should be to the glory of God.
- If you cannot talk in such a way that does so, please take a breather and come back when you can.
- Things under this banner may include unnecessarily harsh or unwholesome language or outright belligerence (such as character attacks).
- We are here as brothers and sisters, sometimes to discuss fun things like music or games, and at other times have serious theological discussions. If you can't speak appropriately in those situations, please don't do so
2. When in a topic discussion point, please keep your comments useful to the point at hand.
- While you are free to state that an argument is bad, please keep comments about the competence of the person making that argument to a minimum. Most of the time (if not all of the time), such comments only serve to distract the person you are dialoguing with from the discussion to said comments.
- We all agree that error will only bring harm to folks, but the best way to correct said error is to do it with gentleness, as Paul said to Timothy.
3. Don't think that you must win the argument if it means causing a rift between brothers.
- We all have our traditions and blind spots, and if we have discussions that challenge those, everyone should be open to listening to that criticism. But too often we encourage our brothers and sisters to hold on to what may be erroneous traditions by trying to conform them to our image instead of Christ's.
- It is the Holy Spirit's job to bring us to a knowledge of the truth. While debate and discussion is often a tool He uses to that end, we cannot supplant His role in that process.
- Only one account per person is permitted.
- When registering, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- ChristForums is about people, domain names in forum/login names are not allowed.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- Members may not use bright colors for font such as Orange, Pink, and Red are reserved for Admin & Mods
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source.
- Do not use all CAPS
- Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider participating in the subject.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
- No email addresses without Moderator approval
- No self advertisement without moderator/staff approval
- Must be setup in your Profile (user Control Panel) , and not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies. Or one animated smiley.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not LOOK HERE - No tinyurls, affiliate links etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
At all times:
• Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
• Provocation or other deliberate means of targeting users for harassment purposes will not be tolerated.
• No commercial advertising is permitted.
• Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
• If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report this post’ link to notify the moderators.
• Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
All data submitted to christforums.org including but not limited to accounts, usernames, signatures, posts, custom user titles and etc become the property of christforums.org immediately upon submission.
By posting content or making content available for inclusion on christforums.org, including without limitation threads and comments you post to the forum, you grant christforums.org and its proprietors a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display, and to incorporate such content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
We reserve the right at moderation discretion to ban members, deactivate accounts, and move topics and posts created by members as well as delete posts and threads deemed as spam.
While we will exhaust all efforts to communicate any changes made to this document, YOU the member, or guest accessing this website and our service(s) are responsible to check it regularly for changes. If changes are made that you disagree with, you can request your account be terminated and discontinue accessing our services.