The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Truth7t7

A Miracle, Justice Anthony Kennedy Announces Retirement!

Posted (edited)

NewYorkTimes

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy Will Retire

By Michael D. Shear

June 27, 2018

WASHINGTON — Justice Anthony M. Kennedy announced on Wednesday that he would retire this summer, setting in motion a furious fight over the future of the Supreme Court and giving President Trump the chance to put a conservative stamp on the American legal system for generations.

Justice Kennedy, 81, has been a critical swing vote on the sharply polarized court for nearly three decades as he embraced liberal views on gay rights, abortion and the death penalty but helped conservatives trim voting rights, block gun control measures and unleash campaign spending by corporations.

Edited by Truth7t7

5 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

NewYorkTimes

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy Will Retire

By Michael D. Shear

June 27, 2018

WASHINGTON — Justice Anthony M. Kennedy announced on Wednesday that he would retire this summer, setting in motion a furious fight over the future of the Supreme Court and giving President Trump the chance to put a conservative stamp on the American legal system for generations.

Justice Kennedy, 81, has been a critical swing vote on the sharply polarized court for nearly three decades as he embraced liberal views on gay rights, abortion and the death penalty but helped conservatives trim voting rights, block gun control measures and unleash campaign spending by corporations.

The Liberal agenda Is Done, Welcome Conservative America!

4 hours ago, William said:

Next.thumb.jpg.984f1c805724d1a54af702c1eca01381.jpg

She wanted to be replaced with another woman judge by a sitting woman President that's why she didn't retire under Obama, and we all know how that turned out. She has no other option than to go at least past the midterms to see if her political cronies can pull off a miracle and get rid of Trump somehow, which I don't see happening. This would mean she would have to go until she's 91 to have another chance or would have to retire and let Trump replace her. Which would change the court for the next 30 years or so and would probably erase a lot of mistakes the Progressive justices have made in the last 50 years, that is assuming he makes good choices and Roberts doesn't sell out again...

• Like 1

REACTIONS to Justice Kennedy’s Retirement

Posted by Kemberlee Kaye    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 4:00pm

Kennedy’s retirement ensures the upcoming midterms will be all kinds of extra.

Wednesday afternoon, Justice Kennedy announced his retirement from the Supreme Court bench, effective July 31. Appointed to the Supreme Court by President Reagan in 1988, Kennedy has largely served as the court’s swing vote, but has consistently sided with free speech.

Kennedy’s retirement ensures the upcoming midterms will be all kinds of extra.

Republicans are dancing in the streets (or their homes in front of their computers while they blog, not that I’d know anything about that), celebrating the opportunity to install another Supreme Court Justice.

Democrats are not doing so well with the news. After a round of SCOTUS decisions that favored law over ignorant emotional reactivity, Kennedy’s retirement is salt in a festering wound.

And so, a roundup of initial reactions:

Full story & videos here:

REACTIONS to Justice Kennedy's Retirement

Some reactions are funny and some are obscene so be warned......

Somewhere I read the dems will try to hold off the appointment until after the midterms. That’s a tall order. Especially after the Republicans triggered the nuclear option for Gorsuch. 

• Like 1

We can see that the rule of law has no meaning or not much.  At our highest  levels  the laws are ignored.  I wonder if a change will matter. Our nation/world so needs an honest press. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Potluck said:

Somewhere I read the dems will try to hold off the appointment until after the midterms. That’s a tall order. Especially after the Republicans triggered the nuclear option for Gorsuch. 

Majority Speaker Mitch McConnel reassured the seat would be filled by October 2018, they will expedite the order. 

The list of Nominees is ready, and the process of replacement will be God speed.

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Becky said:

We can see that the rule of law has no meaning or not much.  At our highest  levels  the laws are ignored.  I wonder if a change will matter. Our nation/world so needs an honest press. 

This change will matter, as several political analyst see "Several States" after the confirmation of the vacant seat "immediately banning" (Abortion)

Roe v Wade (Abortion), and Obergefell v Hodges (Same Sex Marriage) will be reversed, some analyst state as quick as 18 months?

Honest Journalism is a thing of the past, as we all know It's controlled through special interest.

Edited by Truth7t7

I do hope this is an answer to prayer . 

2Ch 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, William said:

1766623866_LiberalTides.thumb.png.3e0d479264285ad79db14c4520d9a522.png

Family separation outrage was a manufactured crisis since it’s been going on since the Obama administration. They can keep it going, with effort, but this one is a very real threat to the left. Very real. 

The SCOTUS has handed them three pieces of bad news in quick succession recently putting the court front and center already. The power of the court has been demonstrated on a catastrophic level. 

They may have most activist federal judges in their corner but not the highest court in the land. 

This threat is huge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Potluck said:

They may have most activist federal judges in their corner but not the highest court in the land. 

This threat is huge. 

You have to wonder if they will try to ratchet up the violence/rhetoric even more???

55 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

You have to wonder if they will try to ratchet up the violence/rhetoric even more???

They are trying to suggest waiting until the November election is finished?

Not a chance, Trump is starting the appointment process (1)  second after the light turns green.

Ole Schumer was crying that it is only fair, because Obama's nominee was put on hold for the presidential election.

Is all I can say, how does it feel to the liberals, the shoe is on the other foot now!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Uncle Siggy said:

I haven’t heard of anything from the dem leadership condemning it. Oh, well, maybe Pelosi’s token comments about Auntie Maxine but then she blamed Trump for it. 

Anywho....

If the democrats operated within the bounds of the Constitution they would have nothing to worry about now would they? 

Edited by Potluck
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, William said:

Wikipedia: Mike Lee, American Politician

A Mormon?

Lee's father was BYU President?

Too close to the Democrats?

His childhood best friend Josh Reid, has a dad named  (Harry Reid) who was the Democratic house majority speaker from 2007-2015, Reid was also his home school teacher? 

He has cousins who are Political Democrats?

Mark Udall, Former Colorado Senator?

Tom Udall, Current New Mexico Senator?

Food For thought?

1 minute ago, Truth7t7 said:

Food For thought?

He's too political for my taste.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, William said:

He's too political for my taste.

God bless,

William

I looked him up I agree 100%, to many political ties, and that of Democrats?

I looked (Harry Reid) up, A Mormon also.

Don't smell good to me either?

Throw in the political/religious ties of the Mormon church, and it's Governing 12 Apostles?

Not my pick for SCOTUS

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Potluck said:

If the democrats operated within the bounds of the Constitution they would have nothing to worry about now would they? 

They can't cause not enough people support their agenda so they have to do whatever it takes to circumvent it, without activist judges they wouldn't be as close as they are to achieving their goal...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

They can't cause not enough people support their agenda so they have to do whatever it takes to circumvent it, without activist judges they wouldn't be as close as they are to achieving their goal...

I Agree 100%!

I live in California, in 2008 we voted to ban "same sex marriage" in (Prop 8), it passed on a 53/47 popular vote.

A Homosexual Activist Judge, (Vaughn R. Walker) stopped the ban and silenced the voice of people.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

A Mormon?

Lee's father was BYU President?

Too close to the Democrats?

His childhood best friend Josh Reid, has a dad named  (Harry Reid) who was the Democratic house majority speaker from 2007-2015, Reid was also his home school teacher? 

He has cousins who are Political Democrats?

Mark Udall, Former Colorado Senator?

Tom Udall, Current New Mexico Senator?

Food For thought?

I am not sure how much anyone ought make out of that.  I am not really a fan of guilty by association.

Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg were very close friends.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Origen said:

I am not sure how much anyone ought make out of that.  I am not really a fan of guilty by association.

Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg were very close friends.

I have studied their relationship, I believe Scalia was a dominant power on the court, as he moved to influence Ginsburg, my opinion.

I believe Ginsburg & Breyer had much influence over Kennedy as per my study, once again my opinion.

Mormonism and the US Supreme Court?

Lee's father President of BYU?

(Harry Reid) being Lee's childhood mentor, the leader of Senate Democrats from 2005-2017?

Too many "Religious & Political Tie's"?

I would go for plan (B)?

Edited by Truth7t7

1 minute ago, Truth7t7 said:

I have studied their relationship, I believe Scalia was a dominant power on the court, as he moved to influence Ginsburg, my opinion.

I am sure he tired.  Nevertheless in spite of their many difference they were still very close friends.

What I see is a great deal of speculation.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, William said:

1766623866_LiberalTides.thumb.png.3e0d479264285ad79db14c4520d9a522.png

Kennedy sided with same sex marriage, transgender in the Military, yet Trump today praised him for being a great Judge! HOG WASH!!!!!

Edited by Just Mike