The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
filippuszheng

Why there is no judgement day theology in reformed as I know ?

Why there is no judgement day theology and preach in evanegelical reformed as I know ?

Like many charismatic church do in preach

Thanks

Reformed are often 'Amillennial' (meaning they believe that we are living in the 1000 year reign of Jesus right now and it is not exactly 1000 years).  So there is no 'pre-tribulation rapture', then a Kingdom of Jesus on Earth, then a 'judgement day' like most Pentecostals believe.  For 'Amillenials', the second coming and rapture and day of judgement all happen at the same time ... the "last day".

If it is not preached, that is just the decision of that particular preacher.  There is a Judgement Day.

12 hours ago, filippuszheng said:

Why there is no judgement day theology and preach in evanegelical reformed as I know ?

Like many charismatic church do in preach

Thanks

Which Reformed denomination do you attend? I see that you're Christian Reformed, but the questions you ask are not characteristic of someone Reformed. How long have you been Reformed?

God bless,

William

Shalom ,

I am from Evangelical Reformed , just from a simple term name denomination from Indonesia church , I see that Reformed eschatology is almost none,

Does eschatology belong to charismatic denomination ?

I think that Reformed evangelical denomination doesnt need about revealling knowledge of eschatology but use the faith instead and drive it in truth in present condition world

Jesus be with , Thanks

14 minutes ago, filippuszheng said:

Shalom ,

I am from Evangelical Reformed , just from a simple term name denomination from Indonesia church , I see that Reformed eschatology is almost none,

I think that Reformed evangelical denomination doesnt need about revealling knowledge of eschatology but use the faith instead and drive it in truth in present condition world

Jesus be with , Thanks

The point is you get the truth from the Truth. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life". John 14:6

The apostle Paul wrote in 2Timothy 2:9 that the word of God is not bound.
(9)  Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
The teachings of the Bible are not the exclusive property of any group of person so if you are interested in eschatology you don't need to sit in a pew to learn about it, you can study numerous sources including YouTube & Wikipedia which will no doubt educate you as to the vast spectrum of opinions, and give you much to meditate on and pray about.

From Wikipedia: Christian Eschatology

Christian eschatology is a major branch of study within Christian theology dealing with the "last things." Eschatology, from two Greek words meaning "last" (ἔσχατος) and "study" (-λογία), is the study of 'end things', whether the end of an individual life, the end of the age, the end of the world and the nature of the Kingdom of God. Broadly speaking, Christian eschatology is the study concerned with the ultimate destiny of the individual soul and the entire created order, based primarily upon biblical texts within the Old and New Testament.

Christian eschatology looks to study and discuss matters such as death and the afterlife, Heaven and Hell, the Second Coming of Jesus, the resurrection of the dead, the Rapture, the Tribulation, Millennialism, the end of the world, the Last Judgment, and the New Heaven and New Earth in the world to come. Eschatological passages are found in many places in the Bible, both in the Old and the New Testaments. There are also many extrabiblical examples of eschatological prophecies, as well as church traditions.

2 hours ago, filippuszheng said:

No, and I recommend staying far away from any Charismatic denomination.

2 hours ago, filippuszheng said:

Not true. If you're looking for Reformed Eschatology search for Amillennialism.

Here's a book recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/Case-Amillennialism-Understanding-End-Times/dp/0801015502/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529564032&sr=8-1&keywords=kim+riddlebarger+a+case+for+amillennialism&dpID=419aIjYG%2BvL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

God bless,

William

No, and I recommend staying far away from any Charismatic denomination.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not true that the Charismatics when they speak in "tongues" they are hoping that God is giving some new revelation that is not contained in the scriptures?  If so that is VERY dangerous. Think Joseph Smith and the angel Moroni (Moron with an "I" after it) that supposedly appeared to him telling him to translate the "golden plates" and then write The Book of Mormon.  Speaking of Mormons I get the feeling they think the apostle Paul was a fraud and all of his writings are suspect. True?

Benji

• Like 1

Thank you about reply

Im start to convinced by amilineal , is there torture in amilineal doctrine ?

Jesus be with

Thanks