The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Anto9us

I got a warning at another board

On another board, I got a WARNING for my little ditty - because I was in a thread tagged DISPENSATIONALISTS ONLY...

So I'll try it here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hope is built on nothing less
than Scofield's notes and Walvoord's best
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
but wholly lean on Darby's claim

( C'mon, everybody! All together now on the chorus! )

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
Eschatology is sinking sand

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was said to be "mocking"; this and two other verses were deleted, I hope to re-create them.

I thought it was funny.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

It is funny. But we should follow the rules we agree to

24 minutes ago, Anto9us said:

On another board, I got a WARNING for my little ditty - because I was in a thread tagged DISPENSATIONALISTS ONLY...

So I'll try it here...

My hope is built on nothing less
than Scofield's notes and Walvoord's best
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
but wholly lean on Darby's claim

( C'mon, everybody! All together now on the chorus! )

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand

It was said to be "mocking"; this and two other verses were deleted, I hope to re-create them.

I thought it was funny.

It is funny and some Christians are stuffed shirts.  

I tried to say that I was a "True Dispensationalist" - believing in an Old and a New Covenant - and that the Church was not a parentheses; I didn't get away with it.

Anyway, I only got one penalty point - so I still got "three fouls to give" before an involuntary 3 month vacation there.

Do ya mind if i put this on my brothers FB page 

Go ahead Becky -- I don't do facebook

I think I can understand why some would think its offensive. Why did you consider how some might feel you were making fun of them? It appears at least the moderator did not see your intended fun loving post.

Don't take it to hard, just move on and enjoy it here. 

• Like 1

I heard a slightly different version of this poem.  The second line was "Scofield notes and Moody Press."  The person who told it to me was a student at Moody Bible Institute at the time, which might account for the difference.