The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Placable37

Ezra & Nehemiah - Helped By The Hand Of God

Ezra 7:6
(6)  This Ezra went up from Babylon; and he was a ready scribe in the law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given: and the king granted him all his request, according to the hand of the LORD his God upon him.

About Ezra

1.  He was a Descendant of Aaron the Chief Priest: (Brother of Moses)

- Born to a priestly family as the younger son of Seraiah, the high priest slain by Nebuchadnezzar (Jer 52:24).

- Brother to Josedech, and Uncle to Joshua, who were high priests in succession.

2. He was a Skilful Scribe: ("ready")

- Not merely a penman.

- An attorney well versed in forms of law, and all that related to polity and customs of the Hebrew people.

- Capable of preparing public or private deeds.

- A rabbi, or doctor, with authority and influence.

3. He was a Man of Grace and Wisdom According to King Artaxerxes: 

- The king granted him all his request (Ezra 7:6).

- The king made a decree giving Ezra great authority (Ezra 7:11-26).

4. He was a Man with a Mission:

- He had prepared his heart to seek the law of the Lord and to do it and to teach the statutes of Israel (Ezra 7:10).

- He gathered chiefs of Israel to go with him from Babylon to Israel (Ezra 7:28).

- He persuaded 220 temple servants known as Nethinims to return as ministers for the house of God (Ezra 8:20).

5. He was a Man who was Helped by the Hand of God:

Six times in the narrative of chapters 7 & 8 in the Book of Ezra, we find reports of God's helping hand at work in Ezra's affairs.

- Ezra 7:6 THE KING'S FAVOUR .This Ezra went up from Babylon; and he was a ready scribe in the law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given: and the king granted him all his request, according to the hand of the LORD his God upon him.

- Ezra 7:9 THE FOUR MONTH JOURNEY  For upon the first day of the first month began he to go up from Babylon, and on the first day of the fifth month came he to Jerusalem, according to the good hand of his God upon him.
- Ezra 7:28 THE STRENGTH NEEDED And has extended mercy unto me before the king, and his counsellors, and before all the king's mighty princes. And I was strengthened as the hand of the LORD my God was upon me, and I gathered together out of Israel chief men to go up with me.
- Ezra 8:18 THE PERSONNEL NEEDED And by the good hand of our God upon us they brought us a man of understanding, of the sons of Mahli, the son of Levi, the son of Israel; and Sherebiah, with his sons and his brethren, eighteen; (38 Levites, 220 Nethinims)
- Ezra 8:22 THE PROTECTION NEEDED For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.
- Ezra 8:31 THE DELIVERANCE NEEDED Then we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go unto Jerusalem: and the hand of our God was upon us, and he delivered us from the hand of the enemy, and of such as lay in wait by the way.

Both sovereign and scribe must have a steady hand, the one to rule with and the other to write with. Likewise the rebuilding of Israel required willing hands, and the concentrated imagery of God's helping hand at work in these two chapters is a strategy to get our attention.

Nehemiah Also

Neh 1:10 Now these are thy servants and thy people, whom you have redeemed by your great power, and by your strong hand.
Neh 2:8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.
Neh 2:18 Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.

The Holy Spirit is our helper, our comforter, the advocate, the one who comes alongside, 

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

G3875

παράκλητος
paraklētos
par-ak'-lay-tos
An intercessor, consoler: - advocate, comforter.
Total KJV occurrences: 5

• Thanks 1