The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

My name is Aaron and I am 16, before you dust me off as an attention seeker or a brat please here my plea! Everytime I go to sleep I suffer from prophetic dreams and the non - symbolic ones always end up coming true. I have had dreams where I spoke with God himself and talked with others only to find that I have also shared dreams with people too.

I am not important enough for any of this! I am just some stupid kid who spends his only freetime reading, writing or thinking because I have nothing else to do. Many people call me "wise" but I am just an epileptic dweeb with a low mortality expectancy! God would never choose someone as dull and insignificant as me and I know I can't be special. I am not asking for attention but instead help. I want all these prothetic dreams and thundering voices in my sleep to go away!!!

I am a nobody. I see such interesting people and know that they are special. Our world is crumbling before us even as we ignore it but even if God chose someone as weak as me, are there not backup choices like preachers or wisemen? I have been alone for 5 years and if anyone decides to take me seriously I may explain why my life has gone as bad as it has.

I do not question God but I know I can't be a prophet or messenger or something like that because God picks important people! So I truly just want these visions and dreams and voices to stop coming to me when I rest, please help me and know I speak the truth!

• Thanks 1

Welcome to Chrisforums, Aaron.

I moved your thread to the Welcome Mat.

• Hebrews 1:1-2 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

My question to you is how did God speak to our fathers and prophets in "many ways"? He spoke in visions and dreams etc. But now how has God spoken? Through Jesus Christ.

First I'd like to suggest that there is no "new revelation". The Scriptures or Canon is closed. However, we should pray for "illumination" of what God has spoken. If your dreams are bothering you I suggest introspection. I used to suffer from nightmares nightly, my conscience was disturbed. However, they stopped. What worked for me was to enter prayer with God whenever awoken in the middle of the night. I'd ask God to stop the dreams. On the introspection level I tried to extract the message from the dream which can be complicated. If it were about a past sin or even an imaginary sin I'd compare it to my life, and if I identified the sin in my life I would repent of it. Please do not share your dreams here in public as it is against our rules. We do not allow dream interpretations unless the dream is from within the pages of Scripture.

You may also want to seek medical help from someone that specializes in mental health. There are medications that block certain sleep states where dreams take place. You too may want to consider what helped me by entering prayer and introspection.

As far as being a prophet and/or messenger again I refer to Hebrews. Though, as Christians we are all commissioned to preach the Gospel. Perhaps your conscience is bothering you if you are not fulfilling your Christian duty? Maybe you should study the Scriptures so that you may not only know the subject at hand which may be either presented to others, asked of you, but also be effective in communicating the Gospel.

1 Peter 3:15-16: but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

God bless,

William 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As far being chosen by God to be a prophet, no.

But you don't need to be some important big shot for God to use you, just look at the dicisples, they were fishermen and tax collectors, the apostle Paul persecuted Christians, he was probably the last person a Christian would take seriously.

Check out 1Corinthians 1:26-30, God chooses the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. It's not about who we are or how important we might be, but how strong God is.

Also 2Corinthians 12:9, in our weakness God's power is made perfect.

Those non-symbolic dreams sound like you mean premonitions, it just seems like what happened in the dream happened in real life, many people have them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2018 at 11:41 PM, TwinTrickster said:

I am not important enough for any of this! I am just some stupid kid who spends his only freetime reading, writing or thinking because I have nothing else to do.

Does your reading include the Bible?  Prophetic dreams can be sent by God or by Satan.  You can check this out be reading Deuteronomy 13.  I am not suggesting that you are a false prophet but you should consider the possibility that Satan is sending you dreams to make you one.  You need to study and obey the Bible so you will be a follower of God rather than of Satan.

The fact that you don't see yourself as important doesn't matter.  God and Satan can both use people who are unimportant by human standards.  Joseph Smith was only 15 years old when Satan sent him a vision which started him on a path which led to his founding the Mormon Church.  You need to make sure you are used by God and not by Satan and the best way to begin  is by following the Bible.  If you have problems understanding it just ask this forum for help. 

• Like 2

Hi, 

We're all important to God in different ways. So don't think your not important enough for him to be coming to your dreams. 

I don't have no scripture for you but, when you wake from your dreams and you don't understand, pray to God. 

I  also have good and bad dreams, sometimes I can remember at least 7 to 8 dreams a night others only a couple, when I don't understand I turn to God and angels. 

Hope this helps a little. 

• Thanks 1

As I said, I know I am no prophet and I keep God very close to my heart and watch out for temptation. Can I ask God to take these dreams away? They happen every night. I have seen gory and glorious things alike before they happen but I should not be getting premanition dreams every night. My family teaches fire and brimstone and I interprut things my own way but the big thing being is that nobody see's anything in me and I have been alone for 5 years due to my health. Would not God use any person in any way so long as they are mightier than me?

received_2093815034227704.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TwinTrickster said:

As I said, I know I am no prophet and I keep God very close to my heart and watch out for temptation. Can I ask God to take these dreams away? They happen every night. I have seen gory and glorious things alike before they happen but I should not be getting premanition dreams every night. My family teaches fire and brimstone and I interprut things my own way but the big thing being is that nobody see's anything in me and I have been alone for 5 years due to my health. Would not God use any person in any way so long as they are mightier than me?

Yes, you can ask God to take the dreams away.  Perhaps he will or perhaps he will answer by showing you the reason for the dreams.  That is how he answered one of Paul's prayers.

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 ESV

You have expressed doubts as to whether God can use you.  He chooses whomever he pleases to carry out his work.  Often he chooses those who are weak by the world's standards so he can get the glory for what they accomplish.

• Thanks 1

TwinTrickster -- You said you're 16 and have been alone for 5 yrs.  and you have epilepsy -  - what meds are you taking for that?  What do you mean by having been alone for 5 yrs. due to your health.   And your family are the 'fire and brimstone' type of people.   The medication you're taking Could possibly have side- affects that are Causing those dreams, etc. Many years ago I was given Tylenol 3 for pain -- after the first night I stopped taking it.  It was really messing with my brain.   Are you in the U.S. or some other country?  

• Thanks 1

TwinTrickster, I just prayed for you. Honestly for being 16 you are caring too many burdens. You have a number of needs, a friend, and a Pastor to talk with. Do you have a pastor you can share your issues with?

By the way you posted I have the feeling you are not reading the Bible. May I suggest you read 1 John, its just a couple of short chapters and its been so helpful for me over the years.

But perhaps most importantly is what is your relationship with Jesus Christ?  Are you willing to address any of the things I brought up?  I am willing to dialogue for a while with you if you wish.  Blessings.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum twintrickster, I hope you'll be happy here.

hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif.a2daa490776028f103fca81865d73d12.gif

image.png.df361e7dca8abbacfbc3497e88a5ce5e.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2018 at 12:41 AM, TwinTrickster said:

My name is Aaron and I am 16, before you dust me off as an attention seeker or a brat please here my plea! Everytime I go to sleep I suffer from prophetic dreams and the non - symbolic ones always end up coming true. I have had dreams where I spoke with God himself and talked with others only to find that I have also shared dreams with people too.

I am not important enough for any of this! I am just some stupid kid who spends his only freetime reading, writing or thinking because I have nothing else to do. Many people call me "wise" but I am just an epileptic dweeb with a low mortality expectancy! God would never choose someone as dull and insignificant as me and I know I can't be special. I am not asking for attention but instead help. I want all these prothetic dreams and thundering voices in my sleep to go away!!!

I am a nobody. I see such interesting people and know that they are special. Our world is crumbling before us even as we ignore it but even if God chose someone as weak as me, are there not backup choices like preachers or wisemen? I have been alone for 5 years and if anyone decides to take me seriously I may explain why my life has gone as bad as it has.

I do not question God but I know I can't be a prophet or messenger or something like that because God picks important people! So I truly just want these visions and dreams and voices to stop coming to me when I rest, please help me and know I speak the truth!

Such a rare time someone so symmetrical to me coming around,decided to give everyone the trophy reaction in this thread out of a bit of joy.

You aaron sound very much like me before I came to accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord,dreams that come true,speaking to God,and feeling "unimportant",and even "sharing other people's dreams a rare moment indeed I haven't known anyone until now that has had that particular sensation!

Anyways down to getting to the heart of the matter as I'm sure you would want others to,from my own experience much of the dreams especially "dreams or visions" that come true most likely it is a "bait" by satan to think that you can "predict the future" as for speaking to God I have many times "spoken" to God but not him "directly to me" so though you say you are "important" those who are "important" to Gid are spoken to in dreams or somewhat directly but you may want to "clarify" more so that we all can help "discern" whom is speaking to you and from whom these dreams are coming from for actually you are "correct" biblically there are no more prophets though it's still possible for God to give dreams or instruction for some form of purpose though you are right to seek "understanding" and "help" because 9 times out of 10 so to speak such things turn out to be from satan/the devil,so please share more while keeping in mind that you are important here and to God either way this turns out.