The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
BetweenWorldz

After a long winter....

Hi everyone. 

My name is Sarah and I am new to these message boards.  I am seeking online fellowship with believers because sometimes its hard to find fellowship at churches.  After the past 6 months I desperately need fellowship and hope for hard times.

This past winter has been the most trying season of my life spiritually, physically and emotionally.  My husband and i devoted our relationship and lives to God in early November of 2017 and began to seek him in a wholehearted way that we had not previously done.  We began to attend the church I had grown up in and was baptised in.  I met with the pastors there who were new to me because it had been 20 years since I had attended this church.  The pastor and i prayed and spoke for nearly two hours and the prayers we prayed that day led to several months of demonic attack and revelations about my life and the spiritual world that I had not seen before nor understood.  Apparently when you seek God wholeheartedly there are some trying times ahead.  I've never experienced anything comparable prior to this and I'm not sure I can even begin to elaborate.  Nor should I in an introductory message.  So here i am, still on the edge of fearful times, still trying to hold on to hope after a most trying time.  It has never been so difficult to seek God and to pray and to praise and to the read the bible.  But i can't give up trying. 

Hope everyone's having a blessed day. 

Sarah

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,

against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.    KJV

• Like 1

Hello Sarah, welcome to Christforums. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

7060.gif

3af3cd437a6c52529c5592cb91602ee8.gif

• Like 1

I am thankful that you and your husband are dedicated to seeking the Lord and His will for your lives (Psalm 27:8).

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to ChristForums, Sarah. Nice to meet you and I’m glad you’re here. Thanks for sharing a lil about yourself. I appreciate your desire to reorganize your spiritual life, and I know it’s extremely important to strengthen your walk with the Lord. He will surely be pleased in this longing of your heart, and I know that He will be faithful to you as you “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...” It’s my prayer that He will draw you and your husband closer to Himself and to direct your steps in the days ahead. May you rest in the assurance the psalmist expressed when he wrote: “In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for You will answer me” (Psalm 86:7). Stay strong in Him. Have a blessed stay!

Welcome dear Sister BetweenWorldz in Jesus' name; I do hope you remain with us.

Seemingly you are not alone in the attacks when attempting to reestablish your spiritual walk; you are treading on Satan. 

We do have spiritual armor, all of which is based on God's word, and Jesus used the same defense, and when Satan tempted Him, Jesus said one thing: it is written.

Become reacquainted with your roots in the security of our Lord; He will never leave or forsake you, and He loved you enough to give His life for you. May God greatly bless you and your husband as you takes these steps, and enjoy the joy and peace that will come as the result of it. :RpS_wink:

1 minute ago, BetweenWorldz said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome.  :classic_biggrin:

You are welcome and we are glad to have you.