The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Faber

Where are the South Koreans?

Hi William,

South Korea has a large percentage of Christians living there so I am wondering why there aren't more (any?) South Koreans signed on here. Could it be that perhaps the language is a barrier? I taught there for several years and met quite a few Christians who spoke pretty good/good English. 

Hello to all at Bukbu Church in Pohang -  하나님 아버지 감사합니다!

Faber

• Like 2

On this subject, I need John Calvin's Christian Institutes translated into Korean. Do you know of any publication which I can buy this from?

God bless,

William

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 7:01 AM, Faber said:

Hi William,

South Korea has a large percentage of Christians living there so I am wondering why there aren't more (any?) South Koreans signed on here. Could it be that perhaps the language is a barrier? I taught there for several years and met quite a few Christians who spoke pretty good/good English. 

Hello to all at Bukbu Church in Pohang -  하나님 아버지 감사합니다!

Faber

Here's our numbers at the end of last month. You can see the amount of people from South Korea which viewed this website:

1970957998_SouthKorea.thumb.jpg.30cc2326266d88cbe9ce4a49f75d6383.jpg

• Like 2

Hi William,

I searched and couldn't find any. I would think there is one seeing that many South Korean Christians are Presbyterians.

Remember though, my "search" is in a country that blocks quite a few websites with this kind of information. Couple that with the fact that this is the same time of year with what took place exactly 29 years ago in the country I am now --- the internet will be even more difficult to access things.

• Like 1

Just now, Faber said:

Hi William,

I searched and couldn't find any. I would think there is one seeing that many South Korean Christians are Presbyterians.

Remember though, my "search" is in a country the limits quite a few websites that block this kind of information. Couple that with the fact that this is the same time of year with what took place exactly 29 years ago in the country I am now the internet will be even more difficult to access things.

Thanks for checking brother. I found one and I'm reluctant to give my credit card information to such a poorly built website.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Perhaps do the translation yourself?

Now that is a lot of work!

• Like 1

Just now, Faber said:

Perhaps do the translation yourself?

I do not read and write Korean anymore (had when young). I'll inquire at my church among the Korean members. I'm looking for a translation for my Korean mother.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

OK William. I sent few emails to a few places. If anything is a go I'll let you know.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, William said:

I found one and I'm reluctant to give my credit card information to such a poorly built website.

Hi William, better safe than sorry they say. 

Have you tried the Goggle free translate site below? It has been very adequate for the smaller amount of translating I need.

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+translate&oq=google+translate&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.13413j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anto9us said:

http://www.hanbooks.com/inofchre3se.html

I don't know if that's the one you already saw, William.

Thanks Aton9us. That's the site I was referring to as too poorly done to order from. I made one attempt already to purchase from that site but I'll try once more.

Followup: Successfully ordered from Hanbooks, it must of been a separate issue having attempted to order on a mobile device. Desktop placed the order successfully.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

That's great, William!

I spent a year in Korea 78-79 in the Air Force - never read any - spoke a little.

I read Calvin's INSTITUTES, and also his COMMENTARY ON HABAKKUK, which I think is maybe best on that book I ever read.

1 hour ago, Anto9us said:

That's great, William!

I spent a year in Korea 78-79 in the Air Force - never read any - spoke a little.

I read Calvin's INSTITUTES, and also his COMMENTARY ON HABAKKUK, which I think is maybe best on that book I ever read.

Very nice. I too served in the Air Force. Spent some time in Korea outside the service.

God bless,

William 

On 5/23/2018 at 10:01 AM, Faber said:

하나님 (God) 아버지 (Father) 감사합니다! (Thank you!)

Fixed with English translation.