The Protestant Community

Welcome to Christforums the Protestant Community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. You'll also enjoy sharing media across multiple platforms. We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christforums

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy. God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now
Britt95

Does God care more about men then women?

First off, let me say that this is not a troll post, but a honest post that I really need help with. A while back I went to a church that I thought was loving and accepting towards everyone, then one morning during a service the preacher said "I will never allow a woman on my stage to preach. Except for my wife, because she's a part of me. She can preach when I'm not here but I will never allow a woman on my stage to preach." I thought it sounded very sexist and it wasn't until around then that I realized I had never come across a woman pastor before. I eventually found the scripture that said it was shameful for women to preach and that a woman shall not teach a man. I then started noticing other things that I found in the Bible that made it seem like us women don't matter.

1. Women are suppose to be "Obedient and Submissive" to their husbands while our husband's are suppose to "Dominate" over us. Of course people would instantly say this is because of the curse, but all the same how can we be equal to men and be submissive at the same time? I have had people bring up the scripture that says "Male and Female, he created them", but God also created animals, doesn't mean they are equal to men.

2. If a woman had a son, she was unclean for a week. If she had a daughter, she was unclean for two weeks. Why would she be unclean for twice as long if there wasn't something wrong with the baby because of it's gender? Also there is no place in the Bible that says God loves women. Just a bunch of scriptures saying he "opened their wombs" where they conceived son after son after son but hardly any daughters.

3. Most of the Bible is stories about men being called out to do great things and very few women. As a matter of fact, while God talked directly to most men in the Bible, I only recall him talking to Eve and as for the other women he had angel's talk to them for God. Are we not good enough for God to talk to us directly like he did the men? Also, why is there a Son of God but no daughter? Why does all his Angel's have male names? 

4. Most of the Bible says "he" and "him", and while some people claim these scriptures mean women to they use the terms "she" and "her" when women are involved. I have wondered if the Bible was meant for women to begin with since back then women were so under educated that they couldn't even read.

5. And then there is the part that says it is shameful for a woman to preach and she cannot teach a man. Why can't we teach men about God if we are equal? What am I suppose to do if a man comes up and asks me to tell him about God? Tell him "I'm sorry but I can't, I'm a woman. Hold on and I'll go get another man to explain it to you."?

Now people tries to tell the stories about how us women are equal because the woman at the well was the first person Jesus told who he was and because the women at the tomb were the first to see him after he risen, but I'm wondering if that's because back then only half of what a woman said was taken seriously compared to what a man said and these women wouldn't be believed.

I have gone through so many pages on Google trying to figure out what God thinks about us women. I have talked to guys who of course sees it as no big deal because they are more favorable to begin with and the women I talk to acts like it's perfectly ok with them to be obedient to their husbands and not to be allowed to preach in church while claiming God loves them even with all the evidence I provided. It has got to the point that I am ashamed of being a woman and have even considered self harm because why would it matter anyway. I deserve to be punished for being a woman. For being nothing when it comes to me and a man. I have cried and cried over how much I feel that God thinks less of me when he is the one who gave me this gender to begin with.  And the fact, that we are made for man to help ease their burden's like we're property. Even Adam got to name us the same way he named all the other animals. I am exhausted in more ways then one with this. I feel like nobody can help me and I don't know what else to do. It's obvious that we are less than a man. No matter how you try to justify it, the proof of what God thinks of us is right there in his book.

Hi Britt95,

Rest assured God cares for us all equally regardless of gender, ethnicity, or circumstances.

Acts 10:34-35
(34)  Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
(35)  But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.

By convention and cultural values the language of the Bible defaults to the male gender when all people are inherently included, as is the case in the scripture above.

The Bible tells us the first woman was created for a purpose and that is to be a counterpart to her man,  she was to be helpful to him as one "who may not only reciprocate his feelings, but take an intelligent and appropriate part in his active pursuits." [Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible]

Genesis 2:18
(18)  And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

This was prior to the fall after which all of Creation was subject to the curse of sin. For her part in it God gave the woman a lesson intended to keep her mindful of the consequences of sin:

Genesis 3:16
(16)  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow you shalt bring forth children; and your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you.

Matthew Henry has this to say in his commentary:
 "Observe here how mercy is mixed with wrath in this sentence. The woman shall have sorrow, but it shall be in bringing forth children, and the sorrow shall be forgotten for joy that a child is born, John 16:21. She shall be subject, but it shall be to her own husband that loves her, not to a stranger, or an enemy: the sentence was not a curse, to bring her to ruin, but a chastisement, to bring her to repentance. It was well that enmity was not put between the man and the woman, as there was between the serpent and the woman."

The Bible does not demean women and there are many passages that pay tribute to their many qualities. See Proverbs 31:10-31

There is a Scriptural mandate for women to teach, see Titus 2:3, but apparently not publicly, not in Paul's day, certainly not in the Jewish synagogues, see 1 Timothy 2:12, and they were definitely not to usurp the authority of men.

Ephesians 5 speaks about the relationship between husbands and wives, and draws on the love Christ has for His ekklesia as its Head to demonstrate the sanctity of such a bond.

Women are precious to God, Jesus had women close to His heart while He was on earth, who sat at His feet, poured ointment on Him, came to the tomb, and Lydia was helpul to the furtherance of the Gospel. Acts 16:14-15.

Please don't be deceived by Satan's lies that God cares about women less than He does men. Instead please I pray, give thanks to God for the great opportunities you have as a woman to minister like the great women of the Bible. 

• Like 1

Placable37, what you said didn't help at all. I just got the same story I get from everyone else. That God loves women with no proof to back it up and we should just accept that we are to obey our husbands like dogs. You shown me the scripture that talks about God making a helpmeet for men. Again that prooves that we are only made for men to be their property, like caddle. Yes there were women who followed Jesus and attended to him, but that doesn't mean we are important. It just means that like the women today they are following a God that they think loves them. 

image.png.25c7f69ad8203eee9522e48255d4696c.png

Here you go.  Assuming there is a correlation between the "elect" and the statistics above one could conclude that God loves women more than men for he has chosen more women to be his adopted heirs than men.  This is a lot better deal than being preferred as preachers or any other subjective earthly benefit you can think of.

Aside:  if He chooses 90% women, so be it ... I am just glad he chose me (I am not on "TEAM MEN" or "TEAM WOMEN") *giggles*

image.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Britt95 said:

we should just accept that we are to obey our husbands like dogs. 

She ought to refuse to obey her husband if he is commanding her to sin (cf. Acts 5:29).

If I told my wife to commit arson she is not to obey me.

15 minutes ago, Faber said:

we should just accept that we are to obey our husbands like dogs. 

Satirical Aside:  Oh, I have to get that Bible commentary for the Mrs. assuming she will let me buy it.

• Haha 2

FastFredy0, this doesn't prove God loves women either. He gave us free will. If these women are following him it's because of their choice, not his

Faber I'm sure it makes you proud that you dominate over your submissive wife. I feel for her

15 minutes ago, Britt95 said:

FastFredy0, this doesn't prove God loves women either. He gave us free will. If these women are following him it's because of their choice, not his

Well, it is debatable as to whether we have 'free will' or not.  You may be wrong.  This being a 'reformed' site I would venture to say that the majority on this site disagree with you; though that doesn't prove you wrong.

But, to placate your need to have God treat the group of people with uterus' the same as those without ... perhaps it is a "different but equal" scenario.  As Christ is one with God and has the same nature, yet Christ was submissive to God the Father.  So maybe women are the same to God as men and God has given them a different role.

... or perhaps God does favor men over women (sorry, not politically correct to say this).  He favored the Jews over the Gentiles in the Old Testament (Amos 3:2), he favored Jacob over Esau (Romans 9:13) ... so He does have favorites.  So what?  Maybe He favors those with "blue" eyes; so what?

Bottom Line:  I personally don't care if God favors men over women of vise versa.  He is sovereign and if that is his decision it must be the best one.   I think the issue is that the "clay" (you) wants to determine what the "potter" (God) should do (Romans 9:21) and because you have a uterus you want your 'team' to be at a minimum equal to team 'testosterone' per you definition of 'fairness'.

Aside:  I don't believe fairness ( the impartial and just treatment or behavior without favoritism or discrimination) is an attribute of God.

The scriptures read sexist to us . They are patriarchal. Men and women are different. Equality is not the same as " as being the same". Todays world attemps to paint any and every thing about God, His Word as some how unfair or unjust. In this case as unloving. 

Look at the world, study the way women are treated in places, The Christian God is ignored.

Because we buy into the world view of what life, love even God, should be, in our opinions , does not make those opinions correct.

God sent His Son to the cross for you a woman. What more proof does one need.?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Becky said:

The scriptures read sexist to us . They are patriarchal. Men and women are different. Equality is not the same as " as being the same". Todays world attemps to paint any and every thing about God, His Word as some how unfair or unjust. In this case as unloving. 

Look at the world, study the way women are treated in places, The Christian God is ignored.

Because we buy into the world view of what life, love even God, should be, in our opinions , does not make those opinions correct.

God sent His Son to the cross for you a woman. What more proof does one need.?

Youare talking about what humans are doing. I am talking about what God said. And he said that husbands shall dominate their submissive wives. As I said before, you can't be equal and a submissive 

What scripture is that? Being away from home i do not have my Bible with me ,as far as on line i have not figured out this tablet.

I know the Scriptures say husbands love your wife as Christ loves the church. Todays Christian woman would do well to follow the Word not being so conserend about how the world views relationships. 

It was not humans who sent their Son to the cross it was God.

Would some one please post the Scripture referanced above.

41 minutes ago, Britt95 said:

As I said before, you can't be equal and a submissive 

So either you:

1) believe Christ is not equal to God or

2) you believe Christ was not submissive to God or

3) you rescind your statement

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Becky said:

What scripture is that? Being away from home i do not have my Bible with me ,as far as on line i have not figured out this tablet.

I know the Scriptures say husbands love your wife as Christ loves the church. Todays Christian woman would do well to follow the Word not being so conserend about how the world views relationships. 

It was not humans who sent their Son to the cross it was God.

Would some one please post the Scripture referanced above.

Hi Becky,

I made reference to this earlier. Ephesians 5 contains the Scripture but the whole chapter and indeed the whole epistle and in fact the whole Bible contains the context.  

Eph 5:22-33
(22)  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
(23)  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the ekklesia: and he is the saviour of the body.
(24)  Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
(25)  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the ekklesia, and gave himself for it;
(26)  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(27)  That he might present it to himself a glorious ekklesia, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
(28)  So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife loves himself.
(29)  For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishs and cherishs it, even as the Lord the ekklesia:
(30)  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
(31)  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
(32)  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the ekklesia.
(33)  Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

These Scriptures are plain enough for a child to understand, namely that love, not domination, and headship not hardship, are the ingredients of a Bible believer's relationship both with Christ and within marriage.

The question is not whether God cares more for one or other part of His "called out ones" (ekklesia), but whether His "called out ones" (ekklesia) care more for Him and His Word and His Will than they do for the deception, corruption, and exploitation of the world, the flesh, and the devil.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Britt95 said:

First off, let me say that this is not a troll post, but a honest post that I really need help with. A while back I went to a church that I thought was loving and accepting towards everyone, then one morning during a service the preacher said "I will never allow a woman on my stage to preach. Except for my wife, because she's a part of me. She can preach when I'm not here but I will never allow a woman on my stage to preach." I thought it sounded very sexist and it wasn't until around then that I realized I had never come across a woman pastor before. I eventually found the scripture that said it was shameful for women to preach and that a woman shall not teach a man. I then started noticing other things that I found in the Bible that made it seem like us women don't matter.

1. Women are suppose to be "Obedient and Submissive" to their husbands while our husband's are suppose to "Dominate" over us. Of course people would instantly say this is because of the curse, but all the same how can we be equal to men and be submissive at the same time? I have had people bring up the scripture that says "Male and Female, he created them", but God also created animals, doesn't mean they are equal to men.

2. If a woman had a son, she was unclean for a week. If she had a daughter, she was unclean for two weeks. Why would she be unclean for twice as long if there wasn't something wrong with the baby because of it's gender? Also there is no place in the Bible that says God loves women. Just a bunch of scriptures saying he "opened their wombs" where they conceived son after son after son but hardly any daughters.

3. Most of the Bible is stories about men being called out to do great things and very few women. As a matter of fact, while God talked directly to most men in the Bible, I only recall him talking to Eve and as for the other women he had angel's talk to them for God. Are we not good enough for God to talk to us directly like he did the men? Also, why is there a Son of God but no daughter? Why does all his Angel's have male names? 

4. Most of the Bible says "he" and "him", and while some people claim these scriptures mean women to they use the terms "she" and "her" when women are involved. I have wondered if the Bible was meant for women to begin with since back then women were so under educated that they couldn't even read.

5. And then there is the part that says it is shameful for a woman to preach and she cannot teach a man. Why can't we teach men about God if we are equal? What am I suppose to do if a man comes up and asks me to tell him about God? Tell him "I'm sorry but I can't, I'm a woman. Hold on and I'll go get another man to explain it to you."?

Now people tries to tell the stories about how us women are equal because the woman at the well was the first person Jesus told who he was and because the women at the tomb were the first to see him after he risen, but I'm wondering if that's because back then only half of what a woman said was taken seriously compared to what a man said and these women wouldn't be believed.

I have gone through so many pages on Google trying to figure out what God thinks about us women. I have talked to guys who of course sees it as no big deal because they are more favorable to begin with and the women I talk to acts like it's perfectly ok with them to be obedient to their husbands and not to be allowed to preach in church while claiming God loves them even with all the evidence I provided. It has got to the point that I am ashamed of being a woman and have even considered self harm because why would it matter anyway. I deserve to be punished for being a woman. For being nothing when it comes to me and a man. I have cried and cried over how much I feel that God thinks less of me when he is the one who gave me this gender to begin with.  And the fact, that we are made for man to help ease their burden's like we're property. Even Adam got to name us the same way he named all the other animals. I am exhausted in more ways then one with this. I feel like nobody can help me and I don't know what else to do. It's obvious that we are less than a man. No matter how you try to justify it, the proof of what God thinks of us is right there in his book.

Sounds like you need a new church, the preacher is playing favorites and making his own rules, there's no exception that can be made just becase it's his wife. And not all men are supposed to preach, there's a criteria, doesn't make the men and women who can't less important, the church is  called the body of Christ, the mouth can say to the eye, " I don't need you"

The female role of being submissive doesn't make females of less value. Compare this to the relationship of empolyee and empolyer, the employee submits to the employer, that submission is key to productivity, with out the employee no work is done and the employer goes bankrupt.

Galatians 3:27-29 

For all who have been baptised into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ. 

There is no Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female, for you are all one Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ you are Abraham's seed, and heirs to the promise.

Its hard to say for certain why a woman was unclean for a longer time, but it's most likely for a reminder of Eve sin or because of the impurity form a womas period, that that impurity is inferred to the daughter. It really shouldn't be an issue anyhow, it's not like impurity is the same thing as sinfulness.

Of course God loves women, he left heaven to live as one of us and died an agonizing death to pay for the sins of men and women alike!

What exactly do you mean that God spoke directly with men, because to see God is to die.

Why is there a Son of God but no daughter? What atheist web site did that come from? And that is sexist by the way.

Back when? When what's know as the Bible was oral traditions?

When Scripture undrerstod in proper context, we see that women are allowed to teach or have authority over men in church, there is no that says a woman can't share the Gospel.

That doesn't make any sense, Jesus told the women at his tomb to spread the word that he was risen, because he didn't want people to belive it? 

Why do you equate helping man to being property? Your seriously jumping conclusions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Britt95 said:

Faber I'm sure it makes you proud that you dominate over your submissive wife. I feel for her

You're clueless and dense to make such an inane comment like that.

She's smart enough not to accept the feminist crap you spew forth.

Clue up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Britt95 said:

you can't be equal and a submissive 

Jesus was. He was equal to the Father as God and yet He submitted to the Father.

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): Citing both John 5:18 and John 14:28 it reads,
 Nevertheless, John accepts the paradox that he is the Son who is both subject to the Father and yet also one with Him (10:30; 1:1). In other words, He is equal to the Father (3:352-353, isos, Stahlin).

• Like 1

@Britt95  -- your point #5 -- there are Scriptural guidelines for men / women teaching / preaching.  Order is needed in most every part of life.  In a church setting, men are to be teachers of a mixed group of adults. Women can be teaching a group of women / young ladies / primary-aged children.  Women are not to be put in the position of usurping authority over men.  Women shouldn't even be a facilitator in a  mixed adult class.  It can be demeaning to a man -- in a mixed adult class to -- to have a woman needing to tell him , No, or to correct him in front of other men.  It Should be a man doing that. 

1 Timothy 3: 1-3 or so -- The husband of one wife -- a husband is a man.   Rules out women being behind a pulpit teaching / preaching.  Women Can be teaching small / large groups of Women.  Spiritually mature women. 

How many men are going to approach a woman to teach them about Anything.   They Will approach another man. 

BTW -- What Scripture did you find that says it's Shameful for a woman to teach a man?  

You have a very negative view of women and the Bible.  Why?  Proverbs 31 talks about the virtuous woman.  And have you read the book of Ruth?  Or Esther?  And I'm thinking that there's a Deborah in the Old Testament who lead an army?  

In the beginning Adam was created first and then Eve was made from a rib taken from Adam.   

When men are loving their wives the way God intends -- women will automatically be following their man.  Not every woman Does marry -- Women's lib has done a great deal of harm in women' lives.  Just because a woman Can handle a jack-hammer -- that Should be a man's job.  A man's body is built more for the heavy labor and a woman's body is built for the unique opportunity to give birth to babies.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Britt95 said:

Placable37, what you said didn't help at all. I just got the same story I get from everyone else. That God loves women with no proof to back it up and we should just accept that we are to obey our husbands like dogs. You shown me the scripture that talks about God making a helpmeet for men. Again that prooves that we are only made for men to be their property, like caddle. Yes there were women who followed Jesus and attended to him, but that doesn't mean we are important. It just means that like the women today they are following a God that they think loves them. 

First of all if you feel like a dog in obedience, or you are treated like property something is wrong with the relationship. I have seen couples where the woman had stronger faith than her husband, but she would share her faith with her husband and they would grow together. She would do all this in a submissive manner. But she knew her husband loved her so much, he would always be concerned with her well being. If done right they both get edified and grow stronger in Christ.

There are  hereditary advantages for the males. That is why God says we will all be considered sons upon our resurrection. In the kingdom we are like angels--sexless--gender neutral. I suspect that a woman that pulls of her submissive roll beautifully will be rewarded even greater than most men.

You have serious problems. We don't need your potty talk around here. 

Your arguments display the last desperate gasps of an exhausted and defeated mind.

25 minutes ago, deade said:

First of all if you feel like a dog in obedience, or you are treated like property something is wrong with the relationship. I have seen couples where the woman had stronger faith than her husband, but she would share her faith with her husband and they would grow together. She would do all this in a submissive manner. But she knew her husband loved her so much, he would always be concerned with her well being. If done right they both get edified and grow stronger in Christ.

There are  hereditary advantages for the males. That is why God says we will all be considered sons upon our resurrection. In the kingdom we are like angels--sexless--gender neutral. I suspect that a woman that pulls of her submissive roll beautifully will be rewarded even greater than most men.

A male or female is considered a son or daughter of God when they accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.  

• Like 1

Sounds like you're in an abusive relationship -- leave that relationship.  God never intended men to demean their wives like that.  

I'd like to be able to talk with you.  You need a positive Christian person in your life. 

6 minutes ago, Faber said:

You have serious problems. We don't need your potty talk around here. 

Your arguments display the last desperate gasps of an exhausted and defeated mind.

That can't be. I'm not married

13 minutes ago, Britt95 said:

I'm not married

This isn't at all surprising.