The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Pouty Puppy

Texas school shooting leaves 10 dead, Gov. Greg Abbott says

Includes video of Governor Abbott

• Ten people have died after a shooting at a Houston-area high school, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told reporters Friday.
  • Local authorities have one suspect in custody and have detained another individual deemed a person of interest.
  • While police said the situation is no longer active, officers are dealing with possible explosive devices at the school and nearby.

Published 6 Hours Ago  Updated 21 Mins Ago  ARTICLE LINK

God have mercy. 

Texas School Shooting Suspect Named As 17-Year-Old Student Dimitrios Pagoutzis  (He was wearing a "Born To Kill" tee shirt  :classic_unsure:)

Dimitrios Pagourtzis

180518-texas-shooter-mugshot-feature.jpg

A high school student wearing a “Born to Kill’’ T-shirt shouted, “Surprise!” — then opened fire on his school in Santa Fe, Texas, with a shotgun Friday morning, killing 10 students and a teacher and injuring 10 more, authorities and reports said. ... More @ this link

This young man was reportedly going to commit suicide after this massacre but said he couldn't go through with it. 
Hey, "Born to Kill"? You're a mass murderer in Texas! The state will kill you because they have a death penalty in Texas. 

• Like 1

My choice would be to not post the little creeps photo or his name any where . Not on Drudge not NBC ,Fox no place no news paper.. No one needs to know what he looks like or his name.. I would not grant him his 15 minutes of fame.  

• Like 2

It's funny how the news channels won't talk about how he is a Satanist, right on his Facebook page is a big pentagram. 

Posted (edited)

another shooting at trumps resort, but thankfully there were armed security there who exchanged fire.  

or it could have been a real mess...

https://t.co/oCQCcKWXUe

DdgwmxLUwAAs4Jq.jpg

Edited by godsquadgeek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Becky said:

My choice would be to not post the little creeps photo or his name any where . Not on Drudge not NBC ,Fox no place no news paper.. No one needs to know what he looks like or his name.. I would not grant him his 15 minutes of fame.  

In the case of school shootings it would be his fifteen minutes of infamy. :classic_sad:

I agree there should be a news blackout for reporting school shootings or any other terrorist strikes in America. But that won't happen because, as a movie line in the film, 15 Minutes, as the Kelsey Grammar character described the priority rule in broadcast news: If it bleeds it leads. 

Media thrives on drama and stoking drama so that follow up stories keep people faithful to the network reporting. 

That being the case I believe a Christian forum anywhere on the net is an ideal place to post what is already brought to our attentions by media , so that while most others are fed and feed into the drama, the family in Christ can pray for everyone who are the unfortunate targets in what made the drama make news. 

12 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

another shooting at trumps resort, but thankfully there were armed security there who exchanged fire.  

or it could have been a real mess...

https://t.co/oCQCcKWXUe

DdgwmxLUwAAs4Jq.jpg

I agree, thank God for the Doral and Miami Dade police fast response in neutralizing this thread. 

DId you see on the right of that article you linked? There was a school shooting in Georgia too. 

:classic_sad: The world was mad before but it is growing worse . 🙏 God have mercy and comfort everyone.  

Putting the atrocity of these events aside, I keep seeing one common denominator when it at least comes to school shootings.  That the shooter was the victim of bullying and ridicule.  Some just from other students, but in other cases by adults who are supposed to people these kids are meant to look up to.  Including teachers and coaches.  

The left keeps pushing gun control after each of these events.  Why are we not hearing anything about measures to curtail bullying on all levels?  From fellow students to members of faculty?  Once we stop the cause of these shootings we will stop the shootings.  By taking the tool away from the shooter will only cause them to find other ways to facilitate their desire for retribution of being ill-treated by their peers and the people that are supposed to be educating them and encouraging them to grow up into respectable adults.  They will use homemade bombs, knives, and whatever else to facilitate their rage.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Putting the atrocity of these events aside, I keep seeing one common denominator when it at least comes to school shootings.  That the shooter was the victim of bullying and ridicule.  Some just from other students, but in other cases by adults who are supposed to people these kids are meant to look up to.  Including teachers and coaches.  

The left keeps pushing gun control after each of these events.  Why are we not hearing anything about measures to curtail bullying on all levels?  From fellow students to members of faculty?  Once we stop the cause of these shootings we will stop the shootings.  By taking the tool away from the shooter will only cause them to find other ways to facilitate their desire for retribution of being ill-treated by their peers and the people that are supposed to be educating them and encouraging them to grow up into respectable adults.  They will use homemade bombs, knives, and whatever else to facilitate their rage.

Well said. 

The Boston marathon terrorist bombing utilized a pressure cooker. 
Remember when the news reported some stores were no longer selling pressure cookers after that? 

It's hard to understand how a school misses that common denominator in school shootings. Priorities are screwed up. They don't do much to stop bullying, but let it be found out a student plans to thank God during their graduation ceremony and all manner of stoppage efforts ensue. 

The shooter’s father should go to prison for the rest of his life for not securing his weapons and being an accessory to his son killing 10 innocent students Lock him up.  I grieve with the families of those ten students as they pay the ultimate price for someone elses mistake. But the NRA is not at fault here, the dad is. He should be an accessory to murder. 

12 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

The shooter’s father should go to prison for the rest of his life for not securing his weapons and being an accessory to his son killing 10 innocent students Lock him up.  I grieve with the families of those ten students as they pay the ultimate price for someone elses mistake. But the NRA is not at fault here, the dad is. He should be an accessory to murder. 

What about the mother, assuming there was a mother in the house, or the siblings? How far reaching should we go? The shooter is responsible for his actions. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

If he had done this by taking the family car would you hold the parents to the same standard?  People that are able to understand the difference between right and wrong are responsible for their own actions.  We should not attempt to minimize that responsibility by spreading the blame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

If he had done this by taking the family car would you hold the parents to the same standard?  People that are able to understand the difference between right and wrong are responsible for their own actions.  We should not attempt to minimize that responsibility by spreading the blame.

I totally agree.  Seems the blame is well put on the shoulders of the killer and him alone.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, Pouty Puppy said:

Includes video of Governor Abbott

• Ten people have died after a shooting at a Houston-area high school, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told reporters Friday.
  • Local authorities have one suspect in custody and have detained another individual deemed a person of interest.
  • While police said the situation is no longer active, officers are dealing with possible explosive devices at the school and nearby.

Published 6 Hours Ago  Updated 21 Mins Ago  ARTICLE LINK

God have mercy. 

Texas School Shooting Suspect Named As 17-Year-Old Student Dimitrios Pagoutzis  (He was wearing a "Born To Kill" tee shirt  :classic_unsure:)

Here again is another example of a High School that used poor protection for the students. How does a student get a shotgun and a pistol into a school? This snacks of no metal detection, or checking bags. This is a schools failure once again! How many more students must die before school take seriously their responsibility to make sure each and every person entering to school is checked for guns and weapons?

Stop blaming everyone except the real responsible party, the very place where students go, the schools are killing our kids!

This is not a mental illness, or a sickness, but a sin problem. This 17 year old sold his soul to Satan long before he pulled the trigger. This young man needs Jesus Christ! I hope those killed were saved.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

I disagree. This young man knows right from wrong. We do not know if he shotgun was locked and he took it. This young man is totally responsible for his deadly actions. H e needs to put to death asap.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pouty Puppy said:

Well said. 

The Boston marathon terrorist bombing utilized a pressure cooker. 
Remember when the news reported some stores were no longer selling pressure cookers after that? 

It's hard to understand how a school misses that common denominator in school shootings. Priorities are screwed up. They don't do much to stop bullying, but let it be found out a student plans to thank God during their graduation ceremony and all manner of stoppage efforts ensue. 

Its hard to understand why schools do not have taken seriously  their responsibility to protect our kids. Schools have done so little to secure the campuses, and whey a murder happens. blame it on the parents. law officers, or whoever, but they are the ones who have failed to protect our kids.

20 hours ago, Knotical said:

I do not read where the school has failed to make sure our kids are protected, as the students come in, or leave. Bullying is serious, but this has been a part of school as far back as when I was in 1st grade. I was bullied clear to high school, but I did not hurt one person.  This is a very poor excuse, this young man most likely was not in a Christian home and he never got saved, or was exposed to the saving Grace of Jesus Christ. IMO.

38 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

I do not read where the school has failed to make sure our kids are protected, as the students come in, or leave. Bullying is serious, but this has been a part of school as far back as when I was in 1st grade. I was bullied clear to high school, but I did not hurt one person.  This is a very poor excuse, this young man most likely was not in a Christian home and he never got saved, or was exposed to the saving Grace of Jesus Christ. IMO.

I was not trying to say it was a good excuse for the people who commit these shootings, however, if there was more of an effort to not allow bullying to continue then we would see fewer shootings.

BTW, shootings are not some new thing.  They have been happening for decades.  The only reason it is getting more news time is that the liberals are using these to champion their cause.  There is no moral justification, just an agenda that can be pushed each time one of these occurs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Becky said:

What about the mother, assuming there was a mother in the house, or the siblings? How far reaching should we go? The shooter is responsible for his actions. 

see I have a special needs son, and if I leave a firearm unlocked, and ammunition lying around.  I am as much fault as he is if someone is shot.  A kid is a kid. They are not able to vote and not able to drink because they are immature and do stupid stuff and can be easily manipulated by peers, music or social media.  So yes, the dad is at fault.  And a mother if she was in the house. 

11 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

please see my last post, yes the father is still responsible for leaving both a firearm and ammunition readily available. 

1 hour ago, Just Mike said:

I disagree. This young man knows right from wrong. We do not know if he shotgun was locked and he took it. This young man is totally responsible for his deadly actions. H e needs to put to death asap.

it was unlocked, and the father left it that way. 

Is the father's father then responsible for not teaching his son better and so on and so on. 

This kid was 17 not 7 not 12.. 17 

• Like 1

Society has conditioned children to be children up till thier 20s, the is a very low expectancy of young people than what there used to be. Think of this, John Quincy Adams was 14 when he traveled to France as a translator and secretary.  Children used to serve in wars, maybe that's a little too high of an expectation, but...

Point is society keeps children immature by babying them more and more.

I don't think it his age makes he any less guilty, his mind was like that of any mass murder.

Many kids have open access to guns and manage to not go on a shooting spree.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Becky said:

Is the father's father then responsible for not teaching his son better and so on and so on. 

This kid was 17 not 7 not 12.. 17 

why would the fathers father be legally responsible?