Jump to content
Innerfire89

Demons block prayers?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In some Pentecostal circles there a teaching that tounges are a secrete prayer language, if your prayer isnt in secret then demons can interfere and block your prayers or ruin God's blessings.

 

No where does the Bible even hint at such an idea. God's will is not undone by anything. Tounges are human languages that demons could understand anyway, even if tounges were languaes of angels, demons are fallen angels.

 

But the worse part of this teaching is the ridiculous twisting of Scripture.

 

Matthew 6:6 is the pretty much the verse the teaching is built on, it's twisted around to mean that praying in secret means praying in unknown tounges, this completely misses what scripture is teaching in the context of Matthew 6.

Prayer is in secret because were not supposed to pray in front of people for attention like a hypocrite. All it takes to see this is to look at Matthew 6:5.

If tounges were needed for prayer then Jesus wouldn't have gave us the prayer right in Matthew 6:9-13.

 

The verses used as proof for tounges being a mystery language are just as twisted.

 

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth us with our infirmites: for we know not what to pray for as we ought: but the Spirit maketh intercession for us with groaning which can not be uttered.

 

Romans 8:26 can't mean speaking in tounges because "the groaning can not be uttered.

Our infirmites are  (better translated as infirmity, singular) are not knowing how to pray, the groaings are ours, which the Holy Spirit sees and makes intercession for us, see verse 27.

 

1Corinthians 14:14 

For if I pray in an unknown tounge my spirit prayeth, but mind is unfruitful.

This verse doesn't mean that tounges is form of prayer in a spirit language, but that the prayer is inwardly genuine.

If we read down one more verse we see that prayer is to be thoughtful and understood.

1Corinthians 14:15 

What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, but I will sing with the understanding also.

 

Lastly, if tounges are a necessary gift for producive prayer, then only those with the gift can pray, that would be favoritism since the Holy Spirit doesn't gift all believers with the gift. 1Corinthians 12:29-31.

 

If you believe this doctrine, the point of this thread is not to attack you, but to show this doctrine is wrong out of love. You are missing valuable truths of Scripture because of a total lie.

 

Stay strong in Christ and be blessed.

Edited by Innerfire89
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the way I read Scripture; if I am at odds or fighting with my wonderful wife my prayers are hindered, making them ineffective. IMO if I have sin that has not been confessed likewise my prayers are also hindered. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a little troubled being educated by someone that attacks a spiritual gift I have been given. Those of us that speak with an unknown tongue do not have to justify it with you. If it bothers you, leave it alone. It is not necessary for salvation. Let every man do what he is led of the Holy Spirit to do.

 

Right Green Check Smiley Face, Emoticon

 

A conversation about nothing in particular - Page 436 - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, deade said:

I get a little troubled being educated by someone that attacks a spiritual gift I have been given. Those of us that speak with an unknown tongue do not have to justify it with you. If it bothers you, leave it alone. It is not necessary for salvation. Let every man do what he is led of the Holy Spirit to do.

 

Right Green Check Smiley Face, Emoticon

 

A conversation about nothing in particular - Page 436 - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

I'm only trying to speak the truth to the best of my ability to correct what I'm convinced is in error.

 

Speaking in unknown tounges is one of the less serious issues that I'm addressing in this thread.

What I take issue with is that there are some who believe you must pray in tounges or demons will ruin your prayers, and how Matthew 6:6 is so twisted and pulled out of context to support this teaching, it totally blinds the lesson being taught in the context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, deade said:

I get a little troubled being educated by someone that attacks a spiritual gift I have been given. Those of us that speak with an unknown tongue do not have to justify it with you. If it bothers you, leave it alone. It is not necessary for salvation. Let every man do what he is led of the Holy Spirit to do.

 

Right Green Check Smiley Face, Emoticon

 

A conversation about nothing in particular - Page 436 - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

I sure hope this is not directed at me. I don't recall saying anything offensive. Please, is this directed at me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

I'm only trying to speak the truth to the best of my ability to correct what I'm convinced is in error.

 

Speaking in unknown tounges is one of the less serious issues that I'm addressing in this thread.

What I take issue with is that there are some who believe you must pray in tounges or demons will ruin your prayers, and how Matthew 6:6 is so twisted and pulled out of context to support this teaching, it totally blinds the lesson being taught in the context.

Fair enough, I usually pray in tongues in my prayer closet. No demon will prevent my prayer life. Satan and his fallen troupe are just tools for us to overcome. I have seen some of the babbling you are speaking about, but I don't judge anything but myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Mike said:

I sure hope this is not directed at me. I don't recall saying anything offensive. Please, is this directed at me?

No Mike I was addressing interfire.:classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, deade said:

No Mike I was addressing interfire.:classic_cool:

I am sorry to read all this. You both mean a lot to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×