The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
davidtaylorjr

United States Leaves Iran Nuclear Deal

The President announced today that the United States is pulling out of the Iran Nuclear Deal.

https://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2018/05/08/trump-makes-it-official-us-out-of-iran-nuke-deal

I applaud this effort, this was a deal that never should have been made in the first place!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

The President announced today that the United States is pulling out of the Iran Nuclear Deal.

https://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2018/05/08/trump-makes-it-official-us-out-of-iran-nuke-deal

I applaud this effort, this was a deal that never should have been made in the first place!

amen - PT makes a lot of sense

praying the rest of the world to follow suit

severe sanctions on iran worked in the past 

i don't understand how they then went on to ratify such a stupid deal

they should have maintained sanctions until iran complied - just like PT is doing to noko

i like how PT said he may also put sanctions on countries who refuse to put new sanctions on iran to force them into a new deal

Edited by Truthfrees

10 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I will be more willing to applaud if the outcome is good. It may very well be.

Do you think we should have been in the deal to begin with?

• Like 2

PT said sanctions and more will be put on iran - what could he mean by "more"?

can the rest of the world go it alone without america? - probably not - so they probably will have to follow along in PT's footsteps 

did you hear the silly questions shouted out at the end? - were they not listening to PT speak?

5 minutes ago, Truthfrees said:

PT said sanctions and more will be put on iran - what could he mean by "more"?

can the rest of the world go it alone without america? - probably not - so they probably will have to follow along in PT's footsteps 

did you hear the silly questions shouted out at the end? - were they not listening to PT speak?

I couldn't really understand what was being shouted out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Do you think we should have been in the deal to begin with?

Not as it was. 

But now we have to see what's next. 

I don't know what's next. Or six months or a year. 

1 minute ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Not as it was. 

But now we have to see what's next. 

I don't know what's next. Or six months or a year. 

So I guess I am confused then as to why you wouldn't applaud pulling out of it....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I couldn't really understand what was being shouted out.

1. how does this make america safe

2. will pompeo go forward with visit to noko 

3. are the americans still being freed from noko

4. why will noko agree to a deal now

Edited by Truthfrees

I am a cautious person. There was an agreement. Now there is not. That leaves a void. Some things are bound to happen differently from if there was still an agreement. If you think you can write up a accurate paper on what the next three years looks like please do.

Pretty much all our real allies didn't want it ended. It gives me at least a wonder why?

Just now, Truthfrees said:

1. how does this make america safe

2. will pompeo go forward with visit to noko

3. are the americans still being freed from noko

I see, par for the course....

• Like 1

Just now, Bull of the Woods said:

I am a cautious person. There was an agreement. Now there is not. That leaves a void. Some things are bound to happen differently from if there was still an agreement. If you think you can write up a accurate paper on what the next three years looks like please do.

Pretty much all our real allies didn't want it ended. It gives me at least a wonder why?

Because our allies are all in countries that are more "progressive" than we are. In short, they are liberal and plagued with political correctness. We are getting there quickly, but not as much as say, France or England.

• Like 1

Just now, Bull of the Woods said:

What's odd with those questions?

1. Why would this impact Pompeo's visit to NK?

2. Obviously, we don't know about the release of Americans, that is one of the reasons Pompeo is going in the first place.

3. It obviously makes us safer because it lifts restrictions on what sanctions we can impose and measures we can take immediately against Iran.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Because our allies are all in countries that are more "progressive" than we are. In short, they are liberal and plagued with political correctness. We are getting there quickly, but not as much as say, France or England.

Who exactly do you want America to consider allies to cooperate with?

• Confused 1

Who exactly do you want America to consider allies to cooperate with?

Where did I say that I don't think we should cooperate with the allies that we currently have?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

45 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I will be more willing to applaud if the outcome is good. It may very well be.

stock market popped in last hour of day, right after announcement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Where did I say that I don't think we should cooperate with the allies that we currently have?

Uh....they didn't like pulling out and we are not cooperating as a group of allies in what do do with the Iran deal. 

4 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Uh....they didn't like pulling out and we are not cooperating as a group of allies in what do do with the Iran deal. 

That is one issue, that doesn't mean I don't ever think we should cooperate with those allies.

9 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

1. Why would this impact Pompeo's visit to NK?

2. Obviously, we don't know about the release of Americans, that is one of the reasons Pompeo is going in the first place.

3. It obviously makes us safer because it lifts restrictions on what sanctions we can impose and measures we can take immediately against Iran.

Trump is about to negotiate with NK on a deal to lift sanctions for an end of nuclear weapons development or something like that. Kim may not want to make a deal having seen one such deal mixed. It will be on his mind. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. 

Its not nuts for reporters to ask about the release. Only idiots would stop asking. The president twitted "stay tuned".

Trump is about to negotiate with NK on a deal to lift sanctions for an end of nuclear weapons development or something like that. Kim may not want to make a deal having seen one such deal mixed. It will be on his mind. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. 

Its not nuts for reporters to ask about the release. Only idiots would stop asking. The president twitted "stay tuned".

It is nuts when the conversation that would happen for that release hasn't happened yet and they know it has not happened yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

It is nuts when the conversation that would happen for that release hasn't happened yet and they know it has not happened yet.

Any president announcing to the world something that dramatic may be happening soon will be asked about it. Repeatedly.

Always been that way.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

noko spokesman said they are for sure going ahead with american deal because they have decided to give up the nuclear program and want to go forward with a korean merger

i guess they have decided that starving people and a caving economy is no substitute for nuclear weapons they will never be able to afford to use anyway

or noko is playing some kind of game - but they were warned PT would take institute more severe sanctions if they were gaming him

Edited by Truthfrees
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Any president announcing to the world something that dramatic may be happening soon will be asked about it. Repeatedly.

Always been that way.

That doesn't mean the question isn't nuts.

3 minutes ago, Truthfrees said:

noko spokesman said they are for sure going ahead with american deal because they have decided to give up the nuclear program and want to go forward with a korean merger

i guess they have decided that starving people and a caving economy is no substitute for nuclear weapons they will never be able to afford to use anyway

or noko is playing some kind of game - but they were warned PT would take institute more severe sanctions if they were gaming him

I'm still skeptical of NOKO.

• Like 2

Just now, davidtaylorjr said:

That doesn't mean the question isn't nuts.

I'm still skeptical of NOKO.

Then maybe it was nuts to post a tease on it in twitter?