The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Pouty Puppy

Please Pray we can stay in our home

🙏  Long story short. We received a notice from the bank where we have a home equity loan. They said if they didn't hear from us within 30 days of its receipt they would assume the debt was valid. 

We're self-employed and have fallen on hard times over the last year due to the economy and slow business. We have a second loan using this same house as collateral and it was co-signed by a family member. We help her with what we can to keep up on that payment so that that bill is current. But we've fallen deeply into the arears with our own larger payment. 

Now we don't know where we are at. IF we can qualify to re-open the loan at a better rate? If they can take the one house that is collateral under both loans when one is not delinquent in payments. What? 
I was raised in this house. And I'm terrified to be homeless. Also, where we are located given development in the area over the past decade, this one acre is hugely valuable. I trust God. I know I watched a pastor, TD Jakes once. He said, when God has plans for us and we keep thinking we know better , or we don't see his plans, we fight what he's doing for the best for us. 

I don't know what the plan is in this case. I just wish I knew what options I have. 

The really bad thing is, we had a tax woman doing our company taxes and she said if we didn't earn a certain income we didn't have to file taxes that year. We have no current tax returns because we listened to her supposed professional advice. Again it is a, now what? Please hold me, us, in prayer. 

I have a tent and a sleeping bag in storage. At least I hope so in that vandals steal from around here quite often. I guess as long as spring and summer is coming I won't be totally homeless. 

How much time does it take to take a house? 

Dear God, help me. 

Thank you for reading. Hey, you said this was the forum for whining. :classic_ninja: How'd I do? 

• Like 1

I will pray that you are able to keep your home.  Remember that because you are a Christian your Father is the owner of all creation.  I am certain he won't allow you to lose your home unless he intends to use the loss to bring some greater good to you.

• Like 2

I certainly do not know what our Father has in store for your spiritual welfare, but I've come to trust Rom 8:28 for all my experience with God Who loved me enough to give Jesus to die for me. Being Catholic,at the time, I do know now that I was saved by having called upon the name of our Lord many times in my life, but I knew little of, and or about Him. Working in space instrumentation on a moon vehicle, and Atlas rocket to prepare for astraunauts shortly after being discharged from the Air Force, we had a full diration firing of it and it blew up. Our NASA contract was near an end and we were were all laid off. Woe is me huh? They sent me to Vanderburg AFB to teach my skills to the Air Force for a short time, and then let me go.

I ended up basically in a sweat shop assembly line doing piece work for three years, and it went bad also blowing up from magnezium dust which blew out every window in the plant, and yet none of us were hurt. Shortly I was hired in the job I spent the remaining working life of my career with. Was that all that all occured for? Not quite. I met another brother in Christ that began asking me spiritual questions there. Are you saved? I didn't even know what it was that he was asking, but I would go home, dig out my Cahholic bible normally untouched and look for answers. Long story short, I began learning the word of God, left the Catholic Church, and God has led me in His word to trusting Him for everything. 

Dear Father, have great mercy on this dear brother facing the unknown, and bring him to know Your everlasting love for Him in all You do in His life. Suffering brought Jesus to know obedience, and it does the same in us. Show him Your presence as he goes, and build his faith through water of the word. Please keep him as only You can, and we'll give you the glory in Jesus' precious name. Amen. 

I pray that God's will be done in your life. That's the only prayer I know. 

• Like 1

praying that God will supply all your needs as per - Philippians 4:19