The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
William

Conservative News - Looking for member input

I see we are receiving members from other forums which are interested in Conservative News. I just want members to know that I am always looking to improve upon the site. If you have any suggestions as to how you'd like to see the News (Secular) improved upon please lemme know. Suggestions may include a redesign of News categories or sub-forums etc. Please be descriptive, and I'll try my best.

I have added a couple of RSS News Feeds which will pull every 12 hours and post them in the Conservative News category.

Post your favorite Conservative publication if you'd like to see News updated day to day in this section.

Thus far we have:

1. http://www.breitbart.com/
  2. https://www.dineshdsouza.com/

God bless,

William

• Like 3

I have since renamed the Society/Ethics/Politics category to Conservative News and moved that under Current Events. The Boycott sub-forum has also been moved under Conservative News.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Partisanship. The worst mistake the Evangelical community had ever made was to throw in with the conservatives, as if doing so would further Gods plans.

I have no problem with conservatives, just as long as they don't goosestep off the same Idealistic cliff as the left seems to be doing, by not scrutinizing their, so-called leaders just as much, if not more than they doing those on the left.

Those so-called conservative leaders are going to be the ones that the conservatives will be defending against left wing attacks and if anyone, left or right thinks their leadership is incapable of sanctimonious self interest then they deserve the government they get and the charletons that may stand in as figureheads.

• Like 1

Partisanship. The worst mistake the Evangelical community had ever made was to throw in with the conservatives, as if doing so would further Gods plans.

I have no problem with conservatives, just as long as they don't goosestep off the same Idealistic cliff as the left seems to be doing, by not scrutinizing their, so-called leaders just as much, if not more than they doing those on the left.

Those so-called conservative leaders are going to be the ones that the conservatives will be defending against left wing attacks and if anyone, left or right thinks their leadership is incapable of sanctimonious self interest then they deserve the government they get and the charletons that may stand in as figureheads.

What's sad to me is that some of these "so-called conservative leaders" are better at evangelizing and apologetics than most Christians that remain outside the sphere of politics.

You also seemingly suggest that God's plans involves a supernatural miracle or Himself entering the political arena to get his hands dirty rather than using ordinary means (Christian/Conservatives) to spread the kingdom message (we can always wash our hands afterwards).

If you think that the worst mistake the Evangelical community had ever made was to "throw in with the Conservatives" you sir are an ignoramus. Lets see how long you, your family, your community, and your nation last without the Conservative party.

Dinesh D'Souza is someone this site subscribes to by RSS.

I hope you at least take the time to research him.

Furthermore, I wasn't looking for a political rant or opinion piece in this thread. I was speaking strictly as a webmaster which is looking for interesting RSS to feed categories or sub-forums with rational discourse having to do with the faith.

God bless,

William

• Like 3

There is a Christian news service that is used by Redeemer Broadcasting and perhaps RefNet, but I can't think of the name right off. If I think of them, and if they have web based content, I'll mention them here.

• Like 3

What's sad to me is that some of these "so-called conservative leaders" are better at evangelizing and apologetics than most Christians that remain outside the sphere of politics.

You also seemingly suggest that God's plans involves a supernatural miracle or Himself entering the political arena to get his hands dirty rather than using ordinary means (Christian/Conservatives) to spread the kingdom message (we can always wash our hands afterwards).

If you think that the worst mistake the Evangelical community had ever made was to "throw in with the Conservatives" you sir are an ignoramus. Lets see how long you, your family, your community, and your nation last without the Conservative party.

Dinesh D'Souza is someone this site subscribes to by RSS.

I hope you at least take the time to research him.

Furthermore, I wasn't looking for a political rant or opinion piece in this thread. I was speaking strictly as a webmaster which is looking for interesting RSS to feed categories or sub-forums with rational discourse having to do with the faith.

God bless,

William

i like d'nesh - he is a really clear articulate speaker

he used to be with bush or reagan as a policy analyst

thanks for all the excellent changes

• Like 3

Wow!!!! No wonder at times it feels like us against the world.....because it is.:RpS_w00t:.

lol - i like your scardie smilie

yes - and good thing we are in the world but don't belong to it

belonging to Jesus is the best place to be

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, just_me said:

I have no problem with conservatives, just as long as they don't goosestep off the same Idealistic cliff as the left seems to be doing

Conservatives don't goosestep, and neither do conservatarians, goosestepping is a leftist form of locomotion, and very bad for the joints.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matto said:

Conservatives don't goosestep, and neither do conservatarians, goosestepping is a leftist form of locomotion, and very bad for the joints.

And the brain.....that slamming down of a flat foot transmits all the way to the cranium.......OH, thats right, leftists don't have brains anyways so no harm done.

• Haha 2

Not so sure about how Conservatives walk. I was just recently commenting on a meme from a Conservative website.

Here's what Rowdy Conservatives wrote:

But you know that Trump won’t be even nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. So how exactly did Obama win his?

111326574_ObamavsTrump.thumb.jpg.42b234331bd4a43ac4a7b4585ebb6b8d.jpg

And this was my response:

"Obama shoved his bathroom policies down the throats of state schools. Not a single conservative judge stopped it. Why is that?"

Perhaps someone here could clarify the inaction of Conservative judges? Why is that only Liberal/Democrat judges seemingly have enough conviction to do anything against what they believe?

God bless,

William

1 minute ago, William said:

Not so sure about how Conservatives walk. I was just recently commenting on a meme on a Conservative website.

Here's what Rowdy Conservatives wrote:

But you know that Trump won’t be even nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. So how exactly did Obama win his?

111326574_ObamavsTrump.thumb.jpg.42b234331bd4a43ac4a7b4585ebb6b8d.jpg

And this was my response:

"Obama shoved his bathroom policies down the throats of state schools. Not a single conservative judge stopped it. Why is that?"

Perhaps someone here could clarify the inaction of Conservative judges? Why is that only Liberal/Democrat judges seemingly have enough conviction to do anything against what they believe?

God bless,

William

Hmmmmmmmmm......they are not really conservative?

18 minutes ago, William said:

He is the first elected black(?) president of the US......which goes to show us how politicized the Nobel process really is.......

6 minutes ago, Civilwarbuff said:

He is the first elected black(?) president of the US......which goes to show us how politicized the Nobel process really is.......

You mean half white President. :RpS_lol:

Whenever my black friends refer to Obama as being the first black president I always correct them with, "You mean half white president". :RpS_lol:

I do not  know why so many people don't see him as half white but only appeal to his black ethnicity.

Anyways, his only real achievement (if the Nobel Peace Prize is an achievement) was something he had no control over (his race). For someone of mixed race, he sure divided the races in this country.

God bless,

William

17 minutes ago, William said:

Anyways, his only real achievement (if the Nobel Peace Prize is an achievement) was something he had no control over (his race). For someone of mixed race, he sure divided the races in this country.

Agreed......

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:32 AM, just_me said:

Calling one self a Conservative and being a Conservative are two entirely different things... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Calling one self a Conservative and being a Conservative are two entirely different things... 

I'm not commenting on who is, and who isn't a conservative here - but I think your comment highlights a much bigger issue regarding 'labels' - we live a post post modern world (the west) and it seems that many believe they have the right to define (and redefine) terms as they see fit and apply any label to themselves they choose - objectivity is out of the window and one of the worst sins in the eyes of this type of society is to dare to question how a person 'self identifies' - it's a mad world! 

We have saying over here, that isn't too popular nowadays, 'if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, and goes well with orange sauce - then it's a duck' - that's how we must judge today - actions speak louder then words! 

I am conservatively conservative of a libertarian flavor.

• Haha 1