The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
William

SB-1424 Internet: social media: false information: strategic plan. (California)

How is this not a 1st Amendment violation?

TITLE 14.5. False Information Strategic Plans

(a) Any person who operates a social media Internet Web site with physical presence in California shall develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Internet Web site.

(b) The strategic plan shall include, but is not limited to, all of the following:

(1) A plan to mitigate the spread of false information through news stories.

(2) The utilization of fact-checkers to verify news stories.

(3) Providing outreach to social media users regarding news stories containing false information.

(4) Placing a warning on a news story containing false information.

© As used in this section, “social media” means an electronic service or account, or electronic content, including, but not limited to, videos, still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts, instant and text messages, email, online services or accounts, or Internet Web site profiles or locations.

Source: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB1424

It is completely in violation of the the Freedom of Speech Act. But the Communists don't care.

• Like 2

(a) Any person who operates a social media Internet Web site with physical presence in California shall develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Internet Web site.

I take it that this means websites located on a server in California?

For example, I live in California but the actual website is located on a server in another state. Christforums is exempt from this?

God bless,

William

For example, I live in California but the actual website is located on a server in another state. Christforums is exempt from this?

God bless,

William

I can read that two ways, the second oe as you have suggested but the first one, as I read it is that if you live inside the borders of California. You need to ask a lawyer about this issue because it looks to be loosely written so as to use it as a whip on the widest possible section of the population of California.

Surely they want it such that it doesn't matter where you live or where the server is, no one in the borders of CA can have any vestige of sanity.

Come out from her! Come out, and touch not the unclean thing! Lol (Looking back and turning into a pillar of salt might be optional. Check with your lawyer but he might be a little rusty on the case law for this one)

• Like 1

Surely they want it such that it doesn't matter where you live or where the server is, no one in the borders of CA can have any vestige of sanity.

Come out from her! Come out, and touch not the unclean thing! Lol (Looking back and turning into a pillar of salt might be optional. Check with your lawyer but he might be a little rusty on the case law for this one)

My wife and I plan to move out of California. Maybe by the end of this year.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

God bless,

William

Good for you guys, leave the land of fruits and nuts behind......

God bless,

William

Plan to move and never look back. We've been researching Conservative states to relocate now for two years. I think this law will open even me running this site to frivolous lawsuits. It does me no good even if the law is a violation of the 1st amendment, because I could lose everything as a case makes its way to the Supreme Court.

Horrible the way the Courts are being used as a weapon of the left.

That being said, for all the problems I see and solutions I offer, US is still the best Country and the best government I know of. God Bless Trump!

God bless,

William

If you are an outdoors type of person you should look into Texas (especially if you like to fish) it has what I call one season and that season is "The sun is shining"... :RpS_thumbup: (Also has zero state income tax)...

• Like 2

God bless,

William

Now I know why the time stamp for the website is 4 hours off to me...

That definitely looks like steps taking away USA's freedom of speech. You Americans need to defend that right. Countries like Australia have way more censorship than you would tolerate in the USA.

Factual evidence being expected in new stories appears good on the surface - does that expectation stop at news stories only or is that extended to opinion pieces as well? Depending on political perspective certain facts will be noticed more than others. A person determined to look at the world through a certain perspective will notice things that a person with the opposite perspective will not. That doesn't automatically mean that one is lying and the other is telling the truth either.

Is the California mainstream media giving one perspective and anyone else is being labelled as "fake news"?

• Like 1

God bless,

William

Because you're in Nova Scotia?!?

Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern; that's a 3 hour time difference.

God bless,

William

You can change the time difference in your profile. Don't bother though because we are migrating this site to a new website come this Sunday. The actual server is located in Michigan. However, the additional hour may be a bug in the day light saving time adjustment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God bless,

William

Wait, that means I will have to deal with that state that has that school up north........OK, where's the resignation button?

William, suddenly the quote function isn't working for me, but if I read between the lines you're emmigrating your website to MI due to CA legal nonsense?

That sounds like "wise as serpents, harmless as doves" to me!

• Like 1

Wait, that means I will have to deal with that state that has that school up north........OK, where's the resignation button?

You Buckeye fans, geez... :RpS_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Because you're in Nova Scotia?!?

Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern; that's a 3 hour time difference.

No Ohio, but us "Briars" can't read clocks very well... :RpS_blushing:

On 4/17/2018 at 4:54 PM, William said:

God bless,

William

A website whose physical presence appears, via the internet, within the borders of Cali.

• Like 1

I remember every once in a while there's be a headline that California was leaving the union. 

At this stage we should just kick their butts out. 

Seriously! Could they show more contempt for the Constitution and Federal law ? 

Here's a thought. Pull out all the ICE officials, so they have to deal with the illegals they love to give sanctuary to on their own. And at the same time, stop all Federal funding since they're harboring illegals and of course terrorists in so called, sanctuary cities.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, William said:

Source: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB1424

The Liberals, I just looked at the bill, it has been revised to nothing, red lines everywhere, it now will establish a committee by December 31st 2019

Absolutely it would be a first amendment violation as I see it!

California is trying to implement LGBT curriculum for K-8 public schools, implementing this in 2019?

The recent SCOTUS decision in the Colorado cake baker Jack Philips will silence that evil.

Wish you the best in Idaho, your gonna get a big "Conservative" shock, where America is 30 years behind the liberal bubble.

I think I'm heading to Florida, Cape Coral, San Marcos, Naples?

Gonna go try a 3 month rental in the hot bug season, see if I can take it?

Small house, with a boat dock and a 20ft center console!

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

I think I'm heading to Florida, Cape Coral, San Marcos, Naples?

Gonna go try a 3 month rental in the hot bug season, see if I can take it?

I used to go to Daytona over summer vacation (drug there by my Mom) when I was a kid, too humid and too buggy (vowed I would never go back in the summer). You're going to the west coast so it might be better over there more of a breeze, good luck...

OTOH I've spent the summer in Cuba before and it was nice high 80s/low 90s, always a breeze and wasn't very humid. BTA they don't get that much rain until hurricane season, you would be surprised at the amount of cactus there always thought is was a big jungle until I seen it for myself...

Edited by Uncle Siggy

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, William said:

CALIFORNIA LEGISLATURE— 2017–2018 REGULAR SESSION

Senate Bill No. 1424

Introduced by Senator Pan

February 16, 2018

His first name would not be Peter who lives in Never-never Land by any chance, would it?image.png.5f878ecf06b52f153eb15b250aa32176.png