The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums is:

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
William

Against the World - The Church & Israel

This proves that Israel and the Church are alike, not that they are the same. Israel rejected Jesus as their king and God has temporarily set them aside and is no longer using them to carry out his work on earth. He has established the Church to carry out his work during this time. At some time in the future he will remove the church through the rapture and will once again use Israel to advance his work.

144,000 guys are going to do what the whole Body of Christ could not?

This proves that Israel and the Church are alike, not that they are the same.

The modern nation of Israel and the Church are nothing alike.

God bless,

William

The modern nation of Israel and the Church are nothing alike.

I was referring to Israel as it was before Christ came to earth.

I was referring to Israel as it was before Christ came to earth.

Israel was the "type" and the Church is the "antitype".

The modern nation of Israel hasn't anything in common with the type or antitype.

"True Israel" is the Israel of faith, not birth; Israel is spiritual, not natural.

God bless,

William

Israel was the "type" and the Church is the "antitype".

The modern nation of Israel hasn't anything in common with the type or antitype.

"True Israel" is the Israel of faith, not birth; Israel is spiritual, not natural.

God bless,

William

God promised Abraham his descendants would possess the land he was entering. The church cannot be a fulfillment of that promise because we are citizens of Heaven and are not promised any part of the earth. At the present time the Church can be considered the true Israel because all who are saved, both Jew and Gentile, are part of it. After the Church is removed from the earth by the rapture, God will keep the promises he made to Abraham, to give his descendants the land of Israel. The existence of the state of Israel may be a sign that the time when he will do this is near.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

God promised Abraham his descendants would possess the land he was entering.

True Israel is defined by union with the true Israelite - Jesus Christ

• Galatians 3:16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.
  • Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

Two peoples (Jews and Gentiles) have been made one in Christ. Among those who are united to Christ by grace alone, through faith alone, there is no Jew nor Gentile:

• Romans 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
  • Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
  • Colossians 3:11 free; but Christ is all, and in all.Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave,

Jeremiah 31 is undeniably addressed to Israel:

• Jeremiah 31:31 when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of JudahLord“Behold, the days are coming, declares the

What is promised here? A New Covenant. Who is this New Covenant promised to? Israel!

• 2 Corinthians 3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

What covenant is the Church under?

• 1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

The Church is fulfilling the promise given to Israel under the New Covenant.

You point to a land area in the sand whose borders were drawn by the U.N., but True Israel expands the entire globe (including modern Israel).

Talk about stepping over a mountain to point to a mole hill, brother.

God bless,

William

You point to a land area in the sand whose borders were drawn by the U.N., but True Israel expands the entire globe (including modern Israel).

God gave the land to Israel a long time before the UN existed.

CHAPTER II WHAT WAS THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT? SCOFIELD SAYS THE COVENANT WAS UNCONDITIONAL. “For Abraham and his descendants it is evident that the Abrahamic Covenant made a great change. They became distinctively the heirs of the promise. That covenant is wholly gracious and unconditional. The descendants of Abraham had but to abide in their own land to inherit every blessing. In Egypt they lost their blessings, but not their covenant. The dispensation must be distinguished from the covenant. The former is a mode of testing: the latter is everlasting because unconditional. The law did not abrogate the Abrahamic Covenant, but was an intermediate disciplinary dealing till the seed should come to whom the promise was made.”

Sco. Ref. Bible, page 20, note 1. (See also Sco. note, page 25)

GOD SAYS THE COVENANT WAS CONDITIONAL

“And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou and thy seed after thee, in their generations. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” Gen. 17:9, 14. “For I know him that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment: that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.” Gen. 18:19.

THE COVENANT WAS CONFIRMED TO ISAAC BECAUSE OF ABRAHAM’S OBEDIENCE

. “And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and I will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes and my laws.” Gen. 26:4, 5.

GOD’S WARNING TO ISRAEL THAT THE COVENANT WAS CONDITIONAL.

“If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers...if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled...Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.” Lev. 26:40-42. (Note Scofield’s contradictory paragraphical heading.)“Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the Lord thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers.” Deut. 7:12.