theophilus

God’s hatred

I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:128). Since this is supposed to be what we are to believe then I am sure God hates every false way infinitely more.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:20 PM, Jesus Christ 2ndc said:

There are versus in the Old Testament that states that God initiates violence. For example sends the Jews to attack other people.

God does not do such things. God is Love. God does not send people to kill.

Satan is the wrath that we should fear. God is Love. Not wrath.

The Bible tells us that God is good.  Because he is good he must hate sin and judge it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

And I would ask you to begin to read the Bible Jesus and Paul taught Christianity from and to cease trying t build sweet sounding platitudes by using only the Commentaries in the Renewed Covenant found in the misnamed New Testament and with each reading remember the absolute truth of Mal. 3:6a.

I wasn't being argumentative with you.

The new testament is just as much God's word as it is the old.

What does Mal. 3:6 have to do with this?

I would think that God's Holiness justifies His hatred of sin. With us humans there is always something a little corrupt or self-righteous in our feelings of hatred. It is right to hate certain things, but our sinful nature lets some stuff seep in there that is a far cry from a Holy God's untarnished hatred of sin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

And I would ask you to begin to read the Bible Jesus and Paul taught Christianity from and to cease trying t build sweet sounding platitudes by using only the Commentaries in the Renewed Covenant found in the misnamed New Testament and with each reading remember the absolute truth of Mal. 3:6a.

The World has infected the Church, today!  How do I know?  I have preached of the Church and it was teaching 6 to 8 year olds that God grounded me in Basic Truth and began my grounding in the Meat of the Word teaching the Young Men.

Before I was assaulted and converted by the God that ran me into the ground I played my Guitars and sang Country, at about 8:30 and through about 9:15 in the evening the Deacons and others,  women, mostly arrived at Porky's, hoping to find a Cowboy, Singer or man to lie down with and the Deacons and less than a handful of other Christian Professing Men, hoping to score a quick lay down with a Cowgirl.

On a Friday and a Saturday night I'd had two women from two Churches drive me to Breakfast, parking behind the restaurant, they both plopped their breasts out to let me feel the big one and the difference from the smaller one, and both of them wanted to go to my appartment before they went home to their husbands.

At the very best, these professing Children of YHWH and have strayed from the path and are destroying their Rewards in Heaven.  I feel it is much more likely they are busy digging their way into the Lake of Fire.

The day I converted, as per my former belief structure, I went full fool and devoted my life to being a Bond Servant of Jesus.  In the Spiritual World my Left ear has been Pierced with an awl, marking me a possession of the Son of God.

I do not know the cut off point for salvation but I do know I need the Word of God that I can serve Him as well as I know to do.  Every one of us needs the Ear of Bondage lain up against a door post and an Awl driven through it, Spiritually Marking them as God's Servant.

One cut off point for salvation is the point of death. If a person has not placed their faith in Christ before they die they pass the cut off point.

Before that moment we can only be saved by grace through faith. Not by works.  

And may I gently suggest it's not absolutely necessary to write an explicitly bawdy illustration to express things. Perhaps I should leave that to others.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

3 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

I wasn't being argumentative with you.

The new testament is just as much God's word as it is the old.

What does Mal. 3:6 have to do with this?

Absolutely everything because God has never been the evil god of the Old Testament and Jesus was and is that God, and it is not an evil thing and yes, the Renewed Covenant is Incomplete Scripture and there has never been a created man that has ever hoped to understand to or has been smart enough to understand the Renewed Covenant without a proper perspective to study it.

You see, I am serious.  Jesus, Paul and the other disciples taught Christianity from as they wrote the twenty-seven Life Application Commentaries on the Bible they taught Christianity from.  From your own lack of knowledge there is a voice crying for the truth and without knowing the subject the Commentaries speak of the most you can, really, hope for is a deluxe, gold platted ticket, straight to the deepest parts of the Lake of Fire.

As a teacher and a Bond Servant of the most high Elohim I want that for no-one.  But it has been a bad spot, the past fifty years, in the changes of the Christian Bible because the Bible and the Abrahamic Covenant and the renewing process through the Mosaic Covenant and ending with the Renewed Covenant of the misnamed New Testament because of the loss of such works as the Thompson Chain Reference Bible that ties the front to the back, establishing what the 27 Commentaries are speaking and teaching of.  Without that connection, any form of Heretical Instruction has been born and is being born.  You will not, because you cannot ever know what bis being taught without the subject matter.

1 minute ago, Bill Taylor said:

Absolutely everything because God has never been the evil god of the Old Testament and Jesus was and is that God, and it is not an evil thing and yes, the Renewed Covenant is Incomplete Scripture and there has never been a created man that has ever hoped to understand to or has been smart enough to understand the Renewed Covenant without a proper perspective to study it.

You see, I am serious.  Jesus, Paul and the other disciples taught Christianity from as they wrote the twenty-seven Life Application Commentaries on the Bible they taught Christianity from.  From your own lack of knowledge there is a voice crying for the truth and without knowing the subject the Commentaries speak of the most you can, really, hope for is a deluxe, gold platted ticket, straight to the deepest parts of the Lake of Fire.

As a teacher and a Bond Servant of the most high Elohim I want that for no-one.  But it has been a bad spot, the past fifty years, in the changes of the Christian Bible because the Bible and the Abrahamic Covenant and the renewing process through the Mosaic Covenant and ending with the Renewed Covenant of the misnamed New Testament because of the loss of such works as the Thompson Chain Reference Bible that ties the front to the back, establishing what the 27 Commentaries are speaking and teaching of.  Without that connection, any form of Heretical Instruction has been born and is being born.  You will not, because you cannot ever know what bis being taught without the subject matter.

Your characterization of what is commonly called the New Testament as 

mere commentaries is way, way off. They are as divinely inspired scripture as what is commonly called the Old Testament. If you think they are only commentaries you need further instruction, discipline first by the Holy Spirit and probably a sound teacher or teachers. And a teachable spirit to boot.

If I am getting your references to commentaries wrong please reword it or something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

mere commentaries is way, way off. They are as divinely inspired scripture as what is commonly called the Old Testament. If you think they are only commentaries you need further instruction, discipline first by the Holy Spirit and probably a sound teacher or teachers. And a teachable spirit to boot.

If I am getting your references to commentaries wrong please reword it or something.

Now, I would not call the first part of the Bible a "commentary".

But it's almost like you have it backwards in one way.

On the road after His resurrection Jesus used the OT scriptures to explain about Himself. Because they point to Him. 

Luke 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Closer perhaps to the reality is neither half of the Bible is a commentation on the other. It's one coherent message with the purpose of revealing Him who was slain from the foundation of the earth, and whose coming was foretold. 
Edited by Bull of the Woods
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

Jesus came to fulfill the law of the old testament, Matthew 5:17, not provide commentaries.

The righteousness of the law could not be meet in the flesh, Romans 3-4.

No man is justifed by works of the law, Galatians 3:11, a commentary on the law would be worthless.

Matthew 5:21-48 Cleary show that the new testament is not commentaries.

4 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

You are a rude human being that   has been nicely asked and you agreed to not try talking with me except you loose that narrow mind and that you begin trying to understand that the Bible is the original 24 books of the Jewish that were written to all men without chapters and verses.  Those are features used, from the Spiritual Realm, only by Satan to make fools of people that refuse to, just, accept, as a small child believes his or her father.  That is sad but you are in an unnumberable hoard of people and Jesus did tell us  except we believe as a child, we are not and can not be saved.

Now, as nicely as I can say it, go away, I have nothing more for you except you begin to pray, read and meditate on YHWH's Truths that Yashuah and His disciples taught from as they compiled the 27 Life Application Commentaries on those 24 books they then divided into 39 and with their screwy numbers divided and segmented the scriptures.

As long as you despise me and refuse to live as closely to the Word as You can, I cannot and I no longer choose to throw my Pearls to be trodden under foot by the Hogs.  Please honor your own pledge to leave me alone and find some Worldly People to hang with because you strongly dislike Fundamental Believers.

14 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

Jesus came to fulfill the law of the old testament, Matthew 5:17, not provide commentaries.

No man is justifed by works of the law, Galatians 3:11, a commentary on the law would be worthless.

Yashuah is the only man that could ever fulfill the Law and if one pays attention to the sentence structure it is obvious that the Mosaic Law, as it is incorrectly named, was not done away with but does the same task it has always done... it proves us all to be sinners by giving us the perfect Word Illustration of the Savior, Yashua, Our Heavenly Father YHWH and Ruach.  And the Word of YHWH does not suggest we imitate Yashuah, it commands us to be imitators of Him and those, so, despised Ten Commandments are how we must strive to imitate. 

He lived them perfectly and you and I will not, in this life, do so but we must never cease to strive for perfection, beginning anew every time we fail.  Now if you have queries I will answer but this series of charges are not questions and appear designed to start a stupid exchange known as a fight.  If a contest is what you seek, I have not killed a man since 11/24/69 but I only fight,, these days, with a Machine Gun inside a helicopter.  You will need a better and younger target to brawl with.

Well, I wasn't looking for a fight to the death, but the truth is always important and not all arguments have to turn into a metaphorical blood bath. 

If this is somting you don't want to discuss then there isn't much point in discussing it. But you say you don't want a brawl and then return punches (aruments) while saying it.

My point in my last comment was what those verses show.

Jesus Christ, The God/man, went beyond following the commandments of the old testament. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 8:13 PM, Innerfire89 said:

Anger

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.     25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

Lust

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand lcauses you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Divorce

31 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths

33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ 34 But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Retaliation

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, iLove your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(ESV)

Incredible!  Did you actually read and meditate with prayer before posting this remarkable reply?  These subjects are separated by subtitles and I have left them to make the content simple to understand and since each first sentence quotes the Old Testament Passage it is commenting on the application of.  You went to a lot of trouble to make my point, a point no Pastor, to this date had tried to dispute publicly and none in private discussions.  Two in face to face discussions have asked for time to dig in, into the scriptures, before responding but both, within a month agreed that my response fell well within the Pail of Orthodoxy and that I, indeed, could have been taught this to be Heavenly Truth by Ruach, the Holy Spirit.

I stand amazed that you have, so effortlessly proved my point and trying to keep this nice, I feel I must say thank you!

22 minutes ago, Bill Taylor said:

Anger

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. 23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.     25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. 26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

Lust

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand lcauses you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Divorce

31 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Oaths

33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ 34 But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Retaliation

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, iLove your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(ESV)

Incredible!  Did you actually read and meditate with prayer before posting this remarkable reply?  These subjects are separated by subtitles and I have left them to make the content simple to understand and since each first sentence quotes the Old Testament Passage it is commenting on the application of.  You went to a lot of trouble to make my point, a point no Pastor, to this date had tried to dispute publicly and none in private discussions.  Two in face to face discussions have asked for time to dig in, into the scriptures, before responding but both, within a month agreed that my response fell well within the Pail of Orthodoxy and that I, indeed, could have been taught this to be Heavenly Truth by Ruach, the Holy Spirit.

I stand amazed that you have, so effortlessly proved my point and trying to keep this nice, I feel I must say thank you!

A commentary would go like this, the words say this and here's what it means. But what we see is" so you have heard, but I say to you".

Dont worry about "keeping it nice" since you didn't do so to begin with.

I don't care if you have high view of yourself because of some pastor that didnt argue with you. 

21 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

A commentary would go like this, the words say this and here's what it means. But what we see is" so you have heard, but I say to you".

Dont worry about "keeping it nice" since you didn't do so to begin with.

I don't care if you have high view of yourself because of some pastor that didnt argue with you. 

I am not the one here that does not realize he is no better than any man, woman or child.  I am not trying to interpret the scriptures nor to change their clear meaning.  As for some Pastor, my friends and associates include local Pastors, African Pastors, Central American Pastors and Active Missionaries on the field in Africa, Central and south America and South East Asia.  Myself?  I am a layman following, as closely as I can, the Ruach, the Holy Spirit, and I find it very distressing any time another Layman refuses to pray, read and meditate with continual prayer for greater understanding of the Progressive and Never Ending Revelation of the One, Triune Elohim of ancient and of today.  You are seeking a contest of Human Wills and I no longer live here but, instead, my Home is with and in the service of my Master, Yashuah ha'Mashiach.

Just as is clear for the follower, listener and worshiper of Ruach, Yashuah ha'Mashiach and YHWH, the One Elohim of the Messianic and other Christians, the Bible Jesus taught from is the original 24, now divided into 39 books, known as the Old Testament.  it is not me you seek this silly contest with but instead you seek to discount the Word of YHWH by ignoring what is clearly written there.

You selected the passage and I, just, pointed out the truth found in that passage.  You argue not with me but fight with Your Master over what He has revealed.  I believe you could gain much by learning to seek the council of Ruach to reconcile some of your more difficult passages.  This did require complete surrender, in my case, to the Perfect will of Our Triune Elohim.  It will, likely, require the same submission of yourself.  It can be a scary event to begin and requires the gift of Perfect Faith from the Father but once received and able then exercised the most beautiful, incomparable relationship is established and will never be broken by the Great Triune Elohim.

Please research this in, perhaps, the Nave's, please.

Edited by Bill Taylor
unfinished post

On 5/16/2018 at 1:05 AM, Faber said:

I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:128). Since this is supposed to be what we are to believe then I am sure God hates every false way infinitely more.

Brother, I do not understand.

38 minutes ago, Bill Taylor said:

I am not the one here that does not realize he is no better than any man, woman or child.  I am not trying to interpret the scriptures nor to change their clear meaning.  As for some Pastor, my friends and associates include local Pastors, African Pastors, Central American Pastors and Active Missionaries on the field in Africa, Central and south America and South East Asia.  Myself?  I am a layman following, as closely as I can, the Ruach, the Holy Spirit, and I find it very distressing any time another Layman refuses to pray, read and meditate with continual prayer for greater understanding of the Progressive and Never Ending Revelation of the One, Triune Elohim of ancient and of today.  You are seeking a contest of Human Wills and I no longer live here but, instead, my Home is with and in the service of my Master, Yashuah ha'Mashiach.

Just as is clear for the follower, listener and worshiper of Ruach, Yashuah ha'Mashiach and YHWH, the One Elohim of the Messianic and other Christians, the Bible Jesus taught from is the original 24, now divided into 39 books, known as the Old Testament.  it is not me you seek this silly contest with but instead you seek to discount the Word of YHWH by ignoring what is clearly written there.

You selected the passage and I, just, pointed out the truth found in that passage.  You argue not with me but fight with Your Master over what He has revealed.  I believe 

What are you talking about, never have I even hinted that I was better than anyone else, I didn't change the meaning any verse from scripture, that's a flat out lie. You say I don't pray, read, or meditate, another lie.

How are is the life, death, and resurrection of Christ a commentary of the old testament? If you recognize that recognize that as literal historic fact then you are lost! I'm hoping you just don't understand what the word "commentay" means instead.

We are not even on the same page here, it's like your having a converation with someone else.

Edited by Innerfire89

A general statement ... Wow guys lets not be so personal .

When reading some ones post give them the benefit of any doubt. Each of us come here with some sort of baggage. Maybe illness , finical , family. Lets try and be supportive instead of defensive.  

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

The world will and does attack us we are of the same 'house' we have the same Father. 

Mar_3:25  And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

How are is the life, death, and resurrection of Christ a commentary of the old testament? If you recognize that recognize that as literal historic fact then you are lost! I'm hoping you just don't understand what the word "commentay" means instead.

We are not even on the same page here, it's like your having a converation with someone else.

Honestly?  You have never read the Gospel of Isaiah?  The over all context of the four Gospel Accounts are proof accounts of The Prophecy of Isa 53, the Gospel of Isaiah.  They give us, among many other lessons on applying the lessons taught in the Bible Jesus taught from on how to apply them to our live, again, they give us the actuated truth of Isa 53 in a Commentary form.

You have, very uncomfortably quickly picked up the aggressive ignoring of the context of my statements and the same apparent refusal to just read the scriptures.  I have, in no fashion nor have I for any purpose denied the last 27 books of the Bible are Scripture.  It appears you, like most of us at one point or another have done and did not go back to the beginning to come up to speed and to see what points have been set in place.

I have, from the second year of my conversion been convicted and taught that the Christian Version of the Holy Scriptures are from "In the beginning..." found in the Book of Beginnings through the last word of The Revelation is of a single context, the message of Salvation by Faith Alone.  I regret you have, literally, leapt into this chasm without looking first but it is you or was your decision, not mine.

I'm not at all sure I  have stated this in this string but will include it here:

The Bible Jesus, Paul and the others taught Christianity from.  There was not a New Testament until it was completed and accepted or Canonized somewhere i believe, between 100 and 325 ad and was then picked up by the Council of Trent and Canonized by the Catholic Church.  In the next century the Catholic Council and I believe that was in Trent also, corrupted their version of the scriptures by force feeding the Apocrypha between the Jewish Bible Jesus taught from and the Scriptures inspired by Yashuah ha'Mashiah after He was murdered by the Roman Army at the insistence of the JIewish Leaders.