The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Have you ever shared Jesus Christ with someone?

Have you ever really opened your Bible and actually shared Jesus Christ with someone? We are not held responsible for the persons choice, but we are to share Christ Jesus. Have you ever done this and what happened?

Yes, many times. I am concerned, though, at the overwhelming reluctance I often feel to do so. I have never had a bad experience though sometimes the conversation did not go far. There have been times it did go far and bore good fruit.

• Like 1

I have. Most wouldn't even want to listen. Out of those who did many wouldn't even want to see what the Bible said.

But I am thankful for a few that did and began following the Lord.

• Like 3

There are those who have a gift for, "street ministry". I am not one of them, lol. Just yesterday when entering a McD's I saw someone witnessing to a street type person who was sitting down on the ground smoking a cigarette. The Evangelist had a Tract in his hand he was trying to give to the guy sitting down. Their conversation lasted about another 5 minutes before they parted ways.

There is an african american man who I sometimes see very early in the morning after work on a street corner holding a Bible up and proclaiming the Word of God to cars going by and stopping at the street corner. Sometimes he will be dressed in a suit, other times in casual clothes. One morning I walked over to him and thanked him for being so bold. He asked me to Pray for him so i said a quick Prayer for him.

• Like 2

It is by grace we fitted for work, in God's timing nothing is forced. Consecrate yourself to Christ each morning as if receiving orders for the day, and those you are to serve will be sent to you, put in your path.

I have testimonies that I have shared, but there are so many I couldn't possibly share.

Starting the day filling up from the source is vital, otherwise you burn out or are undirected. With Grace the day is planned for you in a hidden order you could not possibly bring about, your work far more fruitful than 100 men.

Tell Jesus each morning that you desire to live in His Holy Divine Will and order and that you handover your human will and volition. Desire only His Will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

In a whole world that cries out for its will to be done, a soul that cries for God's Will to be done stands out completely.

We do not just want to do God's Will, we want to live in the Divine Will, not just conformity but uniformity. Conformity is our wills obey, but are separate, uniformity is our will absorbed in His.

"I pray that they may all be one. Father! May they be in us, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they be one, so that the world will believe that you sent me."

Tell Jesus that you want live in His Divine Will, that you are nothing and He is everything. Work done in the mortal human will is not only fruitless it can do damage, but work done in The Divine Will has infinite power and merit that increases exponentially into eternity.

• Like 1

Online I have, but I rarely have the chance to talk with people face to face.

• Like 1

We can not give God lip service, just like we can not serve others by merely talking, we must be Jesus to others and by grace they will see and follow Christ.

" It is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me "

Did Jesus go anywhere and not have an impact? Then allow Jesus to Reign in you, hand over your human will and ask to live in the Divine Will each day.

" My meat is to do the Will of my Father "

Jesus lived by and in the Will of the Father, and so too does Christ's body the Church which carries out the Will of the Head.

Our lives must be living sacrifices and that sacrifice is our human wills we love so dearly, yet cost us so much in suffering and misery.

The new Heavens and new earth are nearly upon us, when all men will live in the Divine Will, and God's Will will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. There will be no need for teachers, kings or governments as each man will be guided by and live in the Divine Will. All of nature that has suffered under the human will, will rejoice and sing a new canticle to God.

So each day hand over your human will and ask for the Divine Will to live in you as it does in Heaven. Meditate on Jesus sacrifice and your sacrifice will be turned to Joy that no one can take from you.

Not my will but yours be done. All the grace, love, peace and joy and the entire fulfilment of your being and purpose exist in these words prayed from your heart. So with joyful hearts make your offerings to our Saviour and King.

• Like 1

When you spend your hour with Jesus meditating on his passion. Ask Jesus to grant mercy to all you know of and all you will encounter. Jesus heart was exposed on the Cross, there is no request that He could deny, especially for His Great Mercy.

Jesus Mercy is a consuming fire, every soul is precious to Him beyond all our understanding.