The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Victory

Hello everyone, and peace in Yeshua Hamashiach.

New arrival, nondenominational therefore noncommittal, simply playing the field. Like something from all denominations, that which is Sola Scriptura of course. And even this can not be clearly understood without the Holy Spirit, for it is Holy Spirit imbued . 2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-Breathed

…15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.… [h=1]2 Peter 1:20-21[/h]

20 First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

I can find something worth cherishing from all denominations.

I take the goods and cast the rest aside. I am here to chat, and hear views and opinions. Maybe I will find some gold, silver and precious gems the only thing worth putting in my treasure chest. I am a gold digger admittedly . Only in it for the finest,

I hate cheap stuff! No wood , hay or straw for me.

1Corinthians3:11-14

11For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward.

Soli Deo gloria!

Welcome Victory!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Victory

• Like 1

Hi -- Victory

You Do realize that not all denominations acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God. Not meaning to sound critical -- but one of the most popular religious denominations that use Bible -- are strong on good-works and have people praying through Other besides Jesus Christ as our mediator.

Yes, our foundation Is Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

Hi -- Victory

You Do realize that not all denominations acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God. Not meaning to sound critical -- but one of the most popular religious denominations that use Bible -- are strong on good-works and have people praying through Other besides Jesus Christ as our mediator.

Ciao Sue D. Explain your stance, if not here perhaps in a more appropriate place in the forum. Think I was pretty clear that I reject hay. Maybe you can tell me the hay you speak of. I'll test according to the foundation and I'll see if I agree with you. God Bless!

Hi -- Victory

Ciao Sue D. Explain your stance, if not here perhaps in a more appropriate place in the forum. Think I was pretty clear that I reject hay. Maybe you can tell me the hay you speak of. I'll test according to the foundation and I'll see if I agree with you. God Bless!

Sorry -- but I don't understand some of your words "Ciao" for instance. You commented that you reject "hay". That's referring back to your comment about "no cheap stuff" for you. No wood, hay or straw for you. Good. I have no problem with a conversation here, and you said you're good with various views, etc. If you'd like to start another thread, fine. What would you entitle it so I don't miss it.

Posted (edited)

Everyone knows what Ciao means unless they are of some obscure tribal region, are you? And no, I am not going to start a thread. I have already read enough hear to know what the views are concerning nondenominational people. I am not here to provoke I am a guest in a PROTESTANT forum. Even though there are sub forums for this kind of dialogue, when your denomination is challenged, and you can not rise to it, these Christians are attacked and banned. So, on that note, since you brought it up:

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

Hi -- Victory

Maybe you would care to elaborate??? You have not spoken in specific's but in a round about way. What specifically do you want to say? If nothing , I"ll just keep reading and respond where prompted to. And who are you a MEDIATOR between? Yourself and man or between Christ and man? I do not think any sane Christian would think they are a mediator between God the Father and man,if they have read this:

1Timothy2:5

A Call to Prayer

…4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.…

But might be persuaded to believe by the truth that they are between Yeshua and Man when reading this; John 20:19-31

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

19 When it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and the doors of the house where the disciples had met were locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are .

OR THIS:

The Great Commission

…18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…

SOLA SCRIPTURA!!! Mediator-

me·di·a·tor

ˈmēdēˌādər/

noun

noun: mediator; plural noun: mediators

• a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between.

I am no old dog, I can be taught new tricks. I do not come on my own behalf , but on the behalf of the one in whom is the only way to Salvation. I seek great things, SAINTHOOD, on earth not after death, for my earthly life is where this election is made.

MEDIATORS Conclusion:

"the government appointed a mediator to assist in finding a resolution to the dispute" [TABLE=class: vk_tbl vk_gy]

[TR]

[TD=class: lr_dct_nyms_ttl]synonyms:[/TD]

[TD]arbitrator, arbiter, negotiator, conciliator, peacemaker, go-between, middleman, intermediary, moderator, intervenor, intercessor, broker, honest broker, liaison officer; More[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

All in Christ are mediators between Him and the lost, if not, then why even bother being a light to the world? This is the flavor maker, we are the salt of the earth, if the salt looses its flavor what will the world be flavored with?

Psalm23:5 [TABLE=class: vk_tbl vk_gy]

[TR]

[TD=class: lr_dct_nyms_ttl] [/TD]

[TD]The Lord is My Shepherd

…4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. 6Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.…

From His cup to my cup, to whomever's it's all HIM , SOLI DEO GLORIA. He made me a strong vintage in Him. So pardon my being me , I will give glory Now in song![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I do not claim to be Him but represent Him as ALL SAINTS DO! And I will not reinvent scripture or try to use it against other scripture: These two statements are true: There is only one mediator between God an Man, YESHUA and "As =like, sent Me, I send you.

1John 3:1-3

Children of God

1Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.…

So, Sue D what EXACTLY DO YOU WANT TO SAY. I think I said enough without bashing any particular denomination just dropped SOLA SRCIPTURA! God Bless!

Edited by Victory

Everyone knows the meaning of " Ciao" unless they are from an obscure tribal place, I am who I am. Sure , I will make a thread, you won't miss it unless by some act from a forum god. It will be called: "Without bashing any particular denomination, an answer to Sue.D," God Bless!

Welcome to the forum!

Everyone knows the meaning of " Ciao" unless they are from an obscure tribal place, I am who I am. Sure , I will make a thread, you won't miss it unless by some act from a forum god. It will be called: "Without bashing any particular denomination, an answer to Sue.D," God Bless!

Apparently I'm from some obscure tribal place -- cause I honestly don't know what your term means.

Thank you , I'll be looking for it :)

Everyone knows what Ciao means unless they are of some obscure tribal region, are you?

Anyone can use Google search to find out what it means! :RpS_wink:

God bless,

William

Hi -- Victory

Name one Christian denomination that does not acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

Not meaning to sound critical

I don't think a person can sound more critical.

This is a welcome category and Victory's welcome thread, not an interrogation.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Everyone knows what Ciao means unless they are of some obscure tribal region, are you?

Anyone can use Google search to find out what it means! :RpS_wink:

God bless,

William

Since she used the term, figured she'd know what it meant.

Hi -- Victory

Name one Christian denomination that does not acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

God bless,

William

You're right -- sorry.

• Like 1

Hi -- Victory

God bless,

William

She was putting a Lot into her introductory post. Just responding back to some of it.

There is no need to apologize. But the system here is very bipolar like. Post accepted, try to fix by adding a few missing words, which can happen when typing fast, and flagged as spam. No spam on my computer. So, I conclude, something odd here. I will just read, not communicate my thoughts and move on. Some forums do that even when there is no spam, they just do not want to appear to be rejecting what they can not dispute. So God Bless and no hard feelings.

There is no need to apologize. But the system here is very bipolar like. Post accepted, try to fix by adding a few missing words, which can happen when typing fast, and flagged as spam. No spam on my computer. So, I conclude, something odd here. I will just read, not communicate my thoughts and move on. Some forums do that even when there is no spam, they just do not want to appear to be rejecting what they can not dispute. So God Bless and no hard feelings.

The reason your post kept being flagged as spam is because you're copying and pasting links into the post. The spam guard identifies how many links a person includes in a post and if the number exceeds the allotted amount then it is flagged as spam. When it is flagged as spam it waits for a moderator to approve it.

Go back and read your post. You'll see 10 or more links in your post. The spam guard is on our server and is used to protect our website from spammers. It has nothing to do with whether or not your computer has spam on it.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Ciao Sue D

Ciao and welcome, @Victory. I would not have known what your greeting meant, except for watching Italian cooking shows with my wife. Are you from Italy? I would love to go there someday.

• Like 1

I don't know what ciao ment so I googles it and it said it was hello or good by, right?

Welcome to us bunch or bipolar people on the forum Victory.

• Like 1

Benvenuto. Lol.

I think Sue D. might have been on to something there, not all Christian denominations can rightly be called Christian. And a little intregation is normal.

Anyhow, hope to discuss more with you soon. Stay strong in Christ and be blessed.

The reason your post kept being flagged as spam is because you're copying and pasting links into the post. The spam guard identifies how many links a person includes in a post and if the number exceeds the allotted amount then it is flagged as spam. When it is flagged as spam it waits for a moderator to approve it.

Go back and read your post. You'll see 10 or more links in your post. The spam guard is on our server and is used to protect our website from spammers. It has nothing to do with whether or not your computer has spam on it.

God bless,

William

Noted. Thank you William and God Bless !

Benvenuto. Lol.

I think Sue D. might have been on to something there, not all Christian denominations can rightly be called Christian. And a little intregation is normal.

Anyhow, hope to discuss more with you soon. Stay strong in Christ and be blessed.

Molto Gracie! (thank you very much) God Bless!

• Like 1

Ciao Sue D

Ciao and welcome, @Victory. I would not have known what your greeting meant, except for watching Italian cooking shows with my wife. Are you from Italy? I would love to go there someday.

So -- apparently Victory was saying "Hello" in Italian. Thanks for sharing that info. Appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Benvenuto. Lol.

Molto Gracie! (thank you very much) God Bless!

Thank you for including a translation --it helps those of us who don't speak Italian.