The Protestant Community

Are you Protestant? Or, are you sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll need to register in order to post your comments on your favorite topics and subjects. Register in less than a minute, it is simple, fast, and free! We hope you enjoy your fellowship here! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism. Those who would challenge the peace and harmony that we enjoy here as fellow believers are directed to another forum.

Enjoy your fellowship

In order to understand the importance of Christian fellowship, we must first understand what Christian fellowship is and what it isn’t. The Greek words translated “fellowship” in the New Testament mean essentially a partnership to the mutual benefit of those involved. Christian fellowship, then, is the mutually beneficial relationship between Christians, who can’t have the identical relationship with those outside the faith. Those who believe the gospel are united in the Spirit through Christ to the Father, and that unity is the basis of fellowship. This relationship is described by Jesus in His high-priestly prayer for His followers in John 17:23. The importance of true Christian fellowship is that it reinforces Christ centeredness in our mind and helps us to focus on Christ and His desires and goals for us. As iron sharpens iron, in true Christian fellowship Christians sharpen one another's faith and stir one another to exercise that faith in love and good works, all to God’s glory.
Sign in to follow this  
Dyllie Dally

State of the world and the part i had in it

Posted (edited)

I will not lie to anyone here. I have sought forgiveness and i truly wish to be forgiven and i believe in my heart that perhaps i will be. I am a former atheist but i was not silent nor humble in my disbelief. At every turn i voiced my skepticism with brutal..vulgar and hurtful insults. At the very mention of god i mocked and demoralised and brought up scientific study and theories and observations. Yet here i am. Even as an atheist despite how extreme id made myself out to be i couldn't shake a great deal of sadness i felt in my heart. I was empty and without purpose and at many turns i sought god out only to be disappointed when i couldn't convince myself. I wanted to believe in god and to shake that nagging feeling i resorted to ignorant bashing because i suppose i wasn't strong enough to. I was still an angry angst ridden teen .Now here i am...seeking to fully embrace my lord. I feel warmth in my heart. More than ever. Yet i still feel sadness. I'm hurt that so many are bashing the beliefs like i once did. So many are phobic of those who have embraced god and it sometimes wears me down. How ironic that i now feel pain having what i once inflicted on others inflicted on me and those around me who share my newfound beliefs. Maybe its regret and guilt that i used to be a part of that,but i feel love in my heart and my faith will not be shaken. Ever. Im here for guidance on this matter...and to make the next step of embracing my lord by embracing others who share this love.

Edited by Dyllie Dally
Love
  • Like 6

I will not lie to anyone here. I have sought forgiveness and i truly wish to be forgiven and i believe in my heart that perhaps i will be. I am a former atheist but i was not silent nor humble in my disbelief. At every turn i voiced my skepticism with brutal..vulgar and hurtful insults. At the very mention of god i mocked and demoralised and brought up scientific study and theories and observations. Yet here i am. Even as an atheist despite how extreme id made myself out to be i couldn't shake a great deal of sadness i felt in my heart. I was empty and without purpose and at many turns i sought god out only to be disappointed when i couldn't convince myself. I wanted to believe in god and to shake that nagging feeling i resorted to ignorant bashing because i suppose i wasn't strong enough to. I was still an angry angst ridden teen .Now here i am...seeking to fully embrace my lord. I feel warmth in my heart. More than ever. Yet i still feel sadness. I'm hurt that so many are bashing the beliefs i once did. So many are phobic of those who have embraced god and it sometimes wears me down. How ironic that i now feel pain having what i once inflicted on others inflicted on me and those around me who share my newfound beliefs. Maybe its regret and guilt that i used to be a part of that,but i feel love in my heart and my faith will not be shaken. Ever.

Glad you're here! Take your time familiarizing yourself with the site's format. And I pray that your fellowship here will be fruitful.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing where you been and now perhaps we can help give you the openness that comes in Jesus Christ. I think you will enjoy you time with us, and become a part of us, welcome!

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing where you been and now perhaps we can help give you the openness that comes in Jesus Christ. I think you will enjoy you time with us, and become a part of us, welcome!

I'm happy to be apart of this and it further warms my heart to be welcomed with such open arms. Thank you so very much and bless you .

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. When I read your description of how you used to live I thought of the apostle Paul's life before his conversion. It is possible that God will use your experience to prepare you for some work he has for you in the future.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums. We were all rebels against God at one point in life, all of us were soiled with sin. Trust in God's word and know that you are forgiven.

Hope to hear more from you soon, and God bless.

• Like 2

Yet i still feel sadness. I'm hurt that so many are bashing the beliefs like i once did. So many are phobic of those who have embraced god and it sometimes wears me down.

I use to be hurt at the bashing directed against God. But I thought: Isaiah 40:17 “All nations before him are as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.” So, I just let Him handle the situation and 'assume' (tongue and cheek) He is capable.

• Like 2

Hi Dyllie Dally, WELCOME TO CF :RpS_smile:

--David

• Like 1

Sounds like repentance to me. Why wait? Repent and be baptized accept God's forgiveness, Find a good bible believing church, And Study to show yourself approved of God. Men can mislead you. You will become a new creation. God will not remember your former life, so learn from it, but don't let it cripple you. Seek God continually, He will keep you.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

May God bless your walk.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hello Dyllie Dally, welcome to Christforums. Just use the fervor you had against Christianity, for Christianity. I am sure God will forgive your past. :RpS_thumbsup:

5e78affab2547d678e4c5458dd931381.gif

Edited by deade
typo
  • Like 2

Just want to thank EVERYONE for their responses. I personally can no longer believe i used to be one of those people that literally took the time out of their day to brutally criticise people for their beliefs. Now that I've found my way i believe that it's just a part of our trials here on earth. To rise above the criticism and bashing of our faith. How i see it is now so many people are so eager to not only dismiss our beliefs but demoralize us as well. Sometimes it can be trying seeing all of the lengthy and descriptive (often explicit) reasons we are "idiots" for worshiping god...and that's a good thing. Its a test of faith and as for mine..as of late it is only stronger. There are some that will leave their faith behind for the sake of social status. From what i can tell those who only care to spread hate and throw insults at us are unknowingly playing a part in gods plan.

​​​​​

​​​​​​

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum. I am late in saying welcome, I read all your posts first and I pray you truly find Jesus Christ and His love for you. Take one step at a time. God be with you.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. I am late in saying welcome, I read all your posts first and I pray you truly find Jesus Christ and His love for you. Take one step at a time. God be with you.

Thank you so very much. I've been finding my way and am content in the new path I've taken. I was always one of those mocking narcissistic "UHM USE LOGIC" types of people. Now I'm proud to say I've turned around completely. I'm not afraid to show it either. It was a long slow process...but i believe god had been calling me all along. I just lacked the patience to listen.

• Like 2

Thank you so very much. I've been finding my way and am content in the new path I've taken. I was always one of those mocking narcissistic "UHM USE LOGIC" types of people. Now I'm proud to say I've turned around completely. I'm not afraid to show it either. It was a long slow process...but i believe god had been calling me all along. I just lacked the patience to listen.

Be sure to "feed on the WORD" daily, that is how you grow and mature in Christ Jesus Love. God bless you brother.