The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Prayer, my father is passing

I really appreciate all prayers for my father and family. My dad has taken a rapid turn downwards in his battle with stage 4 cancer of the liver and is in intense pain that not even morphine is subduing. I plan to make an emergency trip to Washington State come this Wed. I may be gone for a month, two, or possibly even longer.

Please direct all forum inquires to forum moderators: @David Lee @Origen and @ConfessionalLutheran

Going to miss you ladies and gents. Though I may pop in from time to time my only access is going to be from a mobile.

God bless,

William

• Like 5

Sorry to hear this William. Your father and family are in our prayers.

• Like 2

I prayed for you and your family.

• Like 2

Sorry you have to go through that. I will pray that God will comfort you all with His Spirit and strengthen your faith through the trials of this life. God bless.

• Like 2

William I heart is heavy for you at this time. My sincere hope is that you will be able to share the love you have for your father. I praise you that you are going to be there with him. I can only imagine how much it means to have such a caring loving son to come be with him as he prepares to go home. You will never regret spending this precious time with him. I will remember you and your father until your return.

God bless you dear brother William.

• Like 3

Praying for you and your family Brother @William. May God richly bless all your family with your presence as you all prepare for his homegoing in Christ.

I've been through this, and know many there will receive comfort in their time of sorrow. Have strength brother in Jesus' name.

• Like 3

I really appreciate all prayers for my father and family. My dad has taken a rapid turn downwards in his battle with stage 4 cancer of the liver and is in intense pain that not even morphine is subduing. I plan to make an emergency trip to Washington State come this Wed. I may be gone for a month, two, or possibly even longer.

Please direct all forum inquires to forum moderators: @David Lee @Origen and @ConfessionalLutheran

Going to miss you ladies and gents. Though I may pop in from time to time my only access is going to be from a mobile.

God bless,

William

Pray8ng ow and will include you and your family on my churches prayer lists. May God grant you great words of consolation and comfort to your family.

• Like 2

God bless,

William

William, are you still with your dad now. Its difficult to ask how he is, but I am praying for both of you.

• Like 3

Do you have Hospice involved?

Our local Hospice Center (here in Florida) has combinations of long acting and fast acting drugs that can be used to control pain.

Continuous care and a constant morphine drip were needed to control pain in a woman run over by a car and crushed.

(My wife is a hospice nurse, so I asked her opinion about what you could try).

You and your family are in our prayers.

• Like 2

William, are you still with your dad now. Its difficult to ask how he is, but I am praying for both of you.

I am home now back in California but prepared to leave again to see my father at a moment's notice. Hospice is involved and sees him a few times a week at the moment. While I was there he was prescribed morphine and an opioid which gave him a second wind. A week or two later the pain increased to his threshold and on top of those meds they put him on a morphine patch. Hospice is great and are concerned with his quality of life at the this time.

I thank you for your prayers for both my family and I.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Don't mean to be impertinent but it would be helpful in our prayers to know if your father is a believer - forgive me if this is something that is well known already

• Like 1

I am home now back in California but prepared to leave again to see my father at a moment's notice. Hospice is involved and sees him a few times a week at the moment. While I was there he was prescribed morphine and an opioid which gave him a second wind. A week or two later the pain increased to his threshold and on top of those meds they put him on a morphine patch. Hospice is great and are concerned with his quality of life at the this time.

I thank you for your prayers for both my family and I.

God bless,

William

Thank you for the update William. I am praying that God is with you both in this real difficult time.

Don't mean to be impertinent but it would be helpful in our prayers to know if your father is a believer - forgive me if this is something that is well known already

My father is a professing believer.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

God bless,

William

I trust, he, you and your family will now God's peace and strength at this time.

"The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

• Like 2

God bless,

William

William I am so glad to hear that. Is he in a lot of pain? I will pray for him and of course you. God bless you both.

Praying and fasting for him William, entrusting him to Jesus Sacred Heart.

• Like 2

Praying for your precious dad, and you too, William (((hug)))

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry William, I have been praying for you dad. Coming back over this thread, I noticed I didn't post such. For that I am profoundly sorry, we need to let you know these thing. So I am posting now. :RpS_mellow:

31c8bea77661d3c85819d8c7a4ecf72a.jpg

Edited by deade
typo
  • Like 2

praying for your father as per request

God bless you

Truthfrees You seemed to miss introducing your self before jumping in, why not do it right and do so soon?