The Protestant Community

Christian and Theologically Protestant? Or, sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Fenced Community

Christforums is a Protestant Christian forum, open to Bible- believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene- derived Christian Church. We do not solicit cultists of any kind, including Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Eastern Lightning, Falun Gong, Unification Church, Aum Shinrikyo, Christian Scientists or any other non- Nicene, non- Biblical heresy.
Register now

Christforums

.... an orthodox (true and correct when contrasted with Liberal theology) Protestant forum whose members espouse the Apostolic doctrines in the Biblical theologies set forth by Augustine, Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, John Calvin and John Knox etc. We do not "argue" with nor do we solicit the membership of people who espouse secular or cultic ideologies. We believe that our conversations are to be faith building and posts that advance heretical or apostate thinking will be immediately deleted and the poster permanently banned from the forum. This is a Christian Protestant community for people to explore the traditional theologies of Classical Protestantism.

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Star Spangled Banner As You've Never Heard It. Where has this courage gone?

I have heard this several times before. Excellent.

My heroes are the men and women who served and fought in WW ll and Korea. These people put their lives on the line for us to live in the United States of America.

I too ask where has men's courage gone. In 1964 I was just starting college. I had to go for a Draft Board physical exam. I was tole there my draft notice would be issues within a few months. So rather than being drafted i chose to enlist. I served as a Fireman Aircraft Resuceman, it was dangerous, of ten I worked 36 to 48 hours straight while on duty. At the base I was stationed at we trained pilot's to land on an aircraft carrier deck. These were brand new pilot's and they often has issues and sometimes crashed.

I became very ill due to the fungus in the soil being blown about from the aircraft. I spent 3 years 11 months and 17 days on active duty. Of that time on active duty I spent nine months in a Naval hospital. Every week I had the blessing of having a spinal tap, fro all of those nine months. Every day i was given an IV bottle with 35 mg of Amphoterician B, a drug that destroyed fungus growing in in my body. This drug is worse than Chemo. The results were it saved my life, but damaged my kidneys, lungs, and other organs. I have had sever health issues all my life. I made the choice to serve my country. I am not telling this to make anyone feel sorry for me. I am so grateful to God for saving my life.

Sometimes I wonder how it is that a number of men who should have served during that time period, somehow got out of serving. Now I wonder why young men today do not feel they owe some time serving our country? I was brought up to believe I owed my country some service time because I live in the US. I don't think people think that way any more, or maybe my dad was wrong.

So I too will ask "WHERE HAS THIS COURAGE GONE?" Maybe it was just a bunch of foolish men who thought our country was worth fighting for. By what I see today the young men of today don't feel any obligation or desire to serve our country. I wonder if a real war came and our homeland were under attack just how many young men are even physically fit to serve. I see young men playing war games on X box, but that requires no sweat of blood, does it.

I am so proud our son served our country just as I did and my father did and others before us. My family has had the Courage and Guts to serve with gratitude and pride for living in a free .

Something to think about.